Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region ALL A
Anyone have the schedule and or brackets???
I know Paintsville and Pikeville play Sat. night at 8 pm. There will be a girl's game before that at 6pm. SF & BL I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
http://www.allaclassic.org/Boys%20Bracke...ackets.pdf
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
The bottom half of the bracket is loaded!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Thanks!!
^You're Welcome!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
can someone explain how the teams are picked for the all"A", some of these teams are not 1A schools. Not complaining i just don't get it.
The winner of the 15th will have an excellent chance to make it to Saturday. They will play the 1st region in the first round and the winner between the 2nd and the 16th in the elite 8. None of those regions have particularly strong teams in the field this year.
just wondering Wrote:can someone explain how the teams are picked for the all"A", some of these teams are not 1A schools. Not complaining i just don't get it.
Smallest X number of schools in KY from what I understand. Every time a consolidation occurs, small schools will be essentially removed and a couple bigger schools drop into the X number of schools.
Do not count out the 16th, West Carter gave Betsy Layne their toughest test on the way to winning All A last year.
That's What She Said Wrote:The winner of the 15th will have an excellent chance to make it to Saturday. They will play the 1st region in the first round and the winner between the 2nd and the 16th in the elite 8. None of those regions have particularly strong teams in the field this year.

If University Heights comes out of the 2nd, they will be a tough out in the second round.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
just wondering Wrote:can someone explain how the teams are picked for the all"A", some of these teams are not 1A schools. Not complaining i just don't get it.

Technically, there are no actual classifications by school enrollment for basketball, at least not recognized by the KHSAA. That's why we have one great big state tournament in March, rather than separate class tournaments as in football.

The All-A Classic is a privately run, statewide tournament for what would be considered "small schools". But the All-A committee decides what the cutoff point for being a small school is. I don't personally know what the enrollment limit is, but whatever it is, any school under that number is eligible for the All-A classic.

Hope that helps.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Technically, there are no actual classifications by school enrollment for basketball, at least not recognized by the KHSAA. That's why we have one great big state tournament in March, rather than separate class tournaments as in football.

The All-A Classic is a privately run, statewide tournament for what would be considered "small schools". But the All-A committee decides what the cutoff point for being a small school is. I don't personally know what the enrollment limit is, but whatever it is, any school under that number is eligible for the All-A classic.

Hope that helps.
MC : Think maybe absence of the KHSAA combined with some "External Stimuli" may be the Primary reason. I say this because over the years we have seen several high enrollments schools in both in Basketball and Baseball.