Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee County 62 Owsley County 49
Final

Congrats Lee County
A great rivalry and a great game to be at. Owsley never gave up and have nothing to hang there heads about. Tyler Rich is simply unstoppable and that may be an understatement. Everytime the Owls tried to go man they got exploited by Rich. Congratulations has to go out to Lee Co on the win, Coach Wright on winning coach of the year in the 14th and Lee Co. administration for putting on a nice tourney. Owsley seemed to be more effective out of a 2-3 zone but late in the game couldn't lay back in it due to being behind. Nice season Lee. I know the Owls struggled this season, but we'll be back next season.
Owsley couldn't contain the 6'4 Tyler Rich, they had no one who could match up with him. I think he ended up with 27 points.

And Caleb Fetters has played well in every game agaist the Owls this season. Lee was just to balanced and too deep for the Owls.

Owsley loses Robert Smith to graduation, but everyone else is back. Most of the players were sophomores this year. Hopefully the fuure is a little brighter.
Congrats to Coach Danny Wright and the Lee Co Bobcats. With Knott Co and PCC already knocked off...region is wide open.
"DOC" Wrote:Owsley couldn't contain the 6'4 Tyler Rich, they had no one who could match up with him. I think he ended up with 27 points.

And Caleb Fetters has played well in every game agaist the Owls this season. Lee was just to balanced and too deep for the Owls.

Owsley loses Robert Smith to graduation, but everyone else is back. Most of the players were sophomores this year. Hopefully the fuure is a little brighter.
I was told after the game that Rich had 27 points, and I didn't think that was right, and it wasn't. He had 16 points and Fetters had 13. Neeley led Owsley with 21 and Smith had 13.