Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Rogers Clark /Pendleton Predictions
Two of the top teams in the 10th region will meet up in the AIT this Tuesday in Ashland. Who wins and why?
Clark County 80-66
Pendleton by 4
Strikeout King Wrote:Clark County 80-66

Don't think the Cards will win by that much if they win at all. Pendleton Co is also 9-2 on the year and one of the favorites that could win the 10th this year. Many had Pendleton Co ranked 2nd in the region, right behind Montgomery Co pre-season.
[INDENT]Article from the Ashland paper:

Humphrey keeps GRC motoring

Coach perfect in 2 trips to Ashland Invitational

ASHLAND — Don’t mention rebuilding around Scott Humphrey. He’s not wired for that kind of talk.

Of all the high school basketball coaches in Kentucky this season, Humphrey probably had most reason to utter the “R” word. After winning 30 games last season and making a run to the Sweet 16 quarterfinals, George Rogers Clark said goodbye to four senior starters who combined for more then 5,000 career points. In all, the Cardinals graduated nine seniors.

When preseason rankings came out, coaches adjusted accordingly and rated GRC seventh in the 10th Region.

Less than a month into the new season, however, the Cardinals are playing like a team with a chance to return to Rupp Arena.

The AIT features several strong contenders, many of them off to fast starts this season.

http://dailyindependent.com/localspo...s-GRC-motoring [/INDENT]
One of the better teams I have seen is Cov cath, and both beat the Colonels. I like GRC's ability to slow the other team down, and think they win this by 6.
Stardust Wrote:One of the better teams I have seen is Cov cath, and both beat the Colonels. I like GRC's ability to slow the other team down, and think they win this by 6.

PC beat Cov Cath at PC in 4 OT's. GRC's win was on the road in front of the Crazies. Think you prediction is pertty close.
GRC will win this game.
grc will win with bopper stenzel leading the cards with 26 points with help from adam fatkin and charlie rogers . look for riley caudill a sophmore to do some damage to . cards 74-67
I like GRC by 8, I don't see GRC allowing Antrobus and Appleman to get going from the outside. They'll force Monroe to beat them by himself and I don't see him doing that. With that being said, Monroe will have a huge game for Pendleton.
Update: 23 - 12 GRC at the half
I'm still trying to figure out WHY GRC is 7th in the state. I say PC by 3.
Lizzard Wrote:I'm still trying to figure out WHY GRC is 7th in the state. I say PC by 3.

what poll has them 7th?
Update: 44-22 GRC after 3 quarters.
Strikeout King Wrote:Clark County 80-66

Pretty solid pick