Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs Early Favorites To Sign Prince Fielder
The Cubs are the early front-runners to sign Prince Fielder, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. But in the words of one executive, agent Scott Boras can usually “pull a rabbit out of his hat” for his top free agent clients, so other teams are very much in the mix for the 27-year-old free agent. Here’s the latest:
  • It looks like the Cubs and Mariners are Fielder’s most serious suitors, Rosenthal reports.
  • The Cubs don’t want to give Fielder a ten-year deal and would be more comfortable with a six or seven-year term.
  • The Rangers and Marlins won’t bid on Fielder, according to Rosenthal’s sources. The Orioles may only be a viable suitor for Fielder if he lacks other options.
  • Boras wants an opt-out clause for Fielder, Rosenthal reports.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/cu...m=facebook
Major Free agents seem to fail when they head to Chicago. The Curse overtakes them, thus Prince's career will plummet.
^ in somewhat I do agree. Look at Soriano, Zambrano, Dempster. They all were good players but they have gone down hill. Soriano hasn't done much since he's been at Chicago, Zambrano has bad anger management problems and Dempster just plain sucks and that's coming from a Cubs fan
From one NL Central team to another...Interesting???
GetChili Wrote:From one NL Central team to another...Interesting???

Guarantee you the Brewers never would have traded him to an NLC team
Strikeout King Wrote:^ in somewhat I do agree. Look at Soriano, Zambrano, Dempster. They all were good players but they have gone down hill. Soriano hasn't done much since he's been at Chicago, Zambrano has bad anger management problems and Dempster just plain sucks and that's coming from a Cubs fan

It's why I think the Cubs have failed in developing superstars in their minor leagues and then keeping them. I've hated how they get rid of so many A and AA players over the last 15 years. They have tried so hard to be a Red Sox, Yankees or Dodgers in trying to buy a World Series contender instead of putting their focus into building one.