Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. 73 Lee Co. 52
12/13/2011
Powell Co. 73
Lee Co. 52
Powell Co. 17 17 21 18 73
Lee Co. 17 16 2 17 52
Powell Co. -- Conner 5, Dennis 20, Pelfrey 10, Monett 14, Marcum 6, R. Goodwin 10, J. Goodwin 1, B. Goodwin 4, Townsend 1, McCoy 2.
Lee Co. -- Baker 3, Samples 1, T. Mays 5, Cornelius 4, Cox 3, Gilbert 8, Gabbard 7, Evans 15, Fraley 2, R. Mays 4.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...z1gTKEAFnr
LeeCoUKFan what in the world happened in this game? When I last heard, Powell was up 30
what happened to Lee County? I picked them to win this one. Congrats Powell Co.
Powells defense in the 3rd quarter was amazing. Lee could never regroup after that.
I have to admit that this game certainly fooled me. I thought it would be close. Lee's Baker scortched the nets from 3-land against Owsley the other night, but scored just 3 points tonight. Powell must have played some great defense. And from looking at the linescore it appears they used their height advantage to score on the Bobcats.

What really fooled me was the game I saw at Owsley. The Pirates actually trailed late in the game and only had a 1 point lead within the last minute of play. They finally won by 5 but were lucky to get out of Booneville with a win. I thought they'd have the same difficulty in Beattyville, mainly because the Bobcats handled Owsley fairly easily, leading by over 20 and finally winning by 12.
This proves that you can't compare games.

Powell has proven to me that they are the top team in the district. I haven't seen Estill but judging by their scores I've seen so far this season (some lop-sided losses), I would have to say Powell is in the driver's seat for the top seed.
Yes this game was over after the third. Powell played team ball the whole game an the bench from Powell stepped up tremendously in the 1st half due to all the foul calls. Dennis an Connor played about 4 minutes a piece in the first half. Monnett played his best game of the season also. Like I said earlier if Powell will utilize their big man an play inside out they r tough to beat. They did just this. The Dennis kid coulda had 30 plus if he played more. If Powell plays team ball like this they will b hard to beat! Congrats pirates