Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. @ Lee Co. 12/13
Powell Co.(3-2) W vs Jackson City 81-56, W @ Owsley Co. 82-77, W @ Bourbon Co. 84-54, L @ Perry Co. Central 49-71, L @ Magoffin Co 62-64

Lee Co.(3-2) W vs OBI 86-39, W @ Garrard Co. 68-65, W @ Owsley Co. 70-58, L vs Wolfe Co. 67-70, L @ Hazard 44-72

Thoughts and Predictions??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I'll take the Bobcats at home.

Should be a good game
I'll go with Lee County
If Lee County hits 3's like they did vs Owsley then they should win, but probably single digits.

These are two teams that are fairly even. I see Lee winning in Beattyville and Powell winning in Stanton.
I really hope that we have a different crew of refs than we did in the Owsley game for the sake of both teams!! Would be nice to see a fluid game instead of a foul being called every minute! Either way, I think Lee County wins at home! Should be interesting to see how Powell handles the Bobcat's speed! Lee County is definitely the best three point shooting team in the District. I think it will be a good game but, it could spell trouble for the Pirates if the Bobcats get hot from three land! With that said I don't think that they will match their three point efficiency from the Owsley game but, should be higher scoring barring all the fouls! I think the Bobcats take this one by 10.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lee by 9!
Lee Co by a score of 74-64
Lee Co. 68-63.
Lee by 4 it should be a fun game to watch
Ill take powell by 3pts. This will be a fun game to watch because both teams play there butts off.
Lee Co. by 7
If Powell plays team ball like they did against Bourbon i'll take Powell by 6 but if they play like they did against all the others i say Lee by at least 10
lee co should have this game saw them play some this summer but I havent seen powell play yet
Powell repeats last years victory on the Lee home court
pirate fanatic Wrote:If Powell plays team ball like they did against Bourbon i'll take Powell by 6 but if they play like they did against all the others i say Lee by at least 10

Yeah, Powell looked impressive against Bourbon Co. Should be a great game tomorrow night! Can't wait!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PPG:

Powell County: 71.6

Lee County 67.0

It's fairly even
Lee is a good shooting team, at least they were against Owsley. Baker was hot against Owsley, but all of them shot well. They move the ball very well and hit the open man. They also handle the press very well, basicly play 5 guards and everyone can handle the ball.
When Owsley played Powell, Marcum was the player from long range. If the Bobcats don't keep up with him on the floor, let him get open, he is deadeye with the 3 ball.
if marcum will pass the ball inside to the dennis kid instead of throwing up a 3 every possession he touches it an the powell guards dont turn the ball over powell should win their starting 5 is way more talented. they need to utillize their big man more often he scores about everytime he gets the ball which is rarely cuz of all the 3's shot. if powell can opereate inside out vs a very small lee co team ill take powell by 8. if not an powell turns it over lee by 8. should b a good game tho if the refs dont mess it up
basketballfan10 Wrote:if marcum will pass the ball inside to the dennis kid instead of throwing up a 3 every possession he touches it an the powell guards dont turn the ball over powell should win their starting 5 is way more talented. they need to utillize their big man more often he scores about everytime he gets the ball which is rarely cuz of all the 3's shot. if powell can opereate inside out vs a very small lee co team ill take powell by 8. if not an powell turns it over lee by 8. should b a good game tho if the refs dont mess it up

Well said! I couldnt agree more!
basketballfan10 Wrote:if marcum will pass the ball inside to the dennis kid instead of throwing up a 3 every possession he touches it an the powell guards dont turn the ball over powell should win their starting 5 is way more talented. they need to utillize their big man more often he scores about everytime he gets the ball which is rarely cuz of all the 3's shot. if powell can opereate inside out vs a very small lee co team ill take powell by 8. if not an powell turns it over lee by 8. should b a good game tho if the refs dont mess it up

I agree and disagree with your statement. First, I really don't think you should come on here and blash a high school player that is proven in what he does. He has done it for a pretty long time. He and Pelfrey have played great this year and if you have ever coach, and I am pretty sure you have, you know that you want your hottest players to have the ball in their hands. Who is hotter than those two. Now I have been to some games and I have seen them try to get the ball down low and it go through their hands more than once.
Now with all this being said, Powell has two really hot gaurds and a post player with lots of experience in Connor and Dennis who has just started playing. I don't see how they lose this game. I will take Powell by 7.
PC Sports Wrote:I agree and disagree with your statement. First, I really don't think you should come on here and blash a high school player that is proven in what he does. He has done it for a pretty long time. He and Pelfrey have played great this year and if you have ever coach, and I am pretty sure you have, you know that you want your hottest players to have the ball in their hands. Who is hotter than those two. Now I have been to some games and I have seen them try to get the ball down low and it go through their hands more than once.
Now with all this being said, Powell has two really hot gaurds and a post player with lots of experience in Connor and Dennis who has just started playing. I don't see how they lose this game. I will take Powell by 7.

I didnt take it as being negative toward the guards. I took it they were just stating if they played team ball they would win.
pirate fanatic Wrote:I didnt take it as being negative toward the guards. I took it they were just stating if they played team ball they would win.

I understand how you could get that, but if you read some of his other post you would see. Talks highly on some players and not others. He was taking a shot a young man.
PC Sports Wrote:I understand how you could get that, but if you read some of his other post you would see. Talks highly on some players and not others. He was taking a shot a young man.

Well if thats the case i agree with you. They are just kids playing a game[B]. there not machines and they will make mistakes and have bad games![/B]
Powell up by 20 at the end of the third! Thats what i meant if they played TEAM BALL!
PC Sports Wrote:I agree and disagree with your statement. First, I really don't think you should come on here and blash a high school player that is proven in what he does. He has done it for a pretty long time. He and Pelfrey have played great this year and if you have ever coach, and I am pretty sure you have, you know that you want your hottest players to have the ball in their hands. Who is hotter than those two. Now I have been to some games and I have seen them try to get the ball down low and it go through their hands more than once.

Actually I have never coached. And I wasn't bashing the kid I'm just stating what I have seen. Everyone who I talk to says the same thing. The kid shoots too much an disrupts the offense. But guess what Powell did just what I thought they should tonight play inside out. Dennis played big an had 20 an could have had 30-40 if he would have played any at all in the first half. Marcum had an off night an was prolly 0 for 5 or 6 from 3. Still beat a good lee team by 20 coulda been 30+ if the starters were left in, this being said not bashing the marcum kid just satin that powell is ten times better when try play team ball
basketballfan10 Wrote:Actually I have never coached. And I wasn't bashing the kid I'm just stating what I have seen. Everyone who I talk to says the same thing. The kid shoots too much an disrupts the offense. But guess what Powell did just what I thought they should tonight play inside out. Dennis played big an had 20 an could have had 30-40 if he would have played any at all in the first half. Marcum had an off night an was prolly 0 for 5 or 6 from 3. Still beat a good lee team by 20 coulda been 30+ if the starters were left in, this being said not bashing the marcum kid just satin that powell is ten times better when try play team ball

I'm a neutral observer, but Powell wouldn't be nearly as good if they didn't have Marcum. Darn good player imo.
Anybody can be good an score if u shoot 25 times a game. An play no defense. Look the kid is a good player just needs to learn that team play an winning I better than individual stats an losing
OK, listen. They are playing good right now, so they don't need someone on here trying to stir the pot. As an outsider, with no ties to the team, it seems that they are hot and on a roll. They are doing something right. It does seem as you have something against this young man, as you are the only one posting specifically about him. He must be a good player if Coach Wright is going to key his defense on him all night. Hard to score when when someone is so close they can smell what you ate for lunch. That is why Powell County is a good team, because they are playing great team ball. The coaching staff has them playing hard basketball. I say, as a Powell County Fan, get on the team side and stop stiring t he pot or get off. They have enough harters, they don't need fans being haters.
Lee and Powell will meet again next week in a tournament/shootout @ North Laurel
PC Sports Wrote:OK, listen. They are playing good right now, so they don't need someone on here trying to stir the pot. As an outsider, with no ties to the team, it seems that they are hot and on a roll. They are doing something right. It does seem as you have something against this young man, as you are the only one posting specifically about him. He must be a good player if Coach Wright is going to key his defense on him all night. Hard to score when when someone is so close they can smell what you ate for lunch. That is why Powell County is a good team, because they are playing great team ball. The coaching staff has them playing hard basketball. I say, as a Powell County Fan, get on the team side and stop stiring t he pot or get off. They have enough harters, they don't need fans being haters.

hate to tell u coach wright didnt have his defense key on him all night. they just played good defense because there guards were quicker. i know coach wright personally an before the game he was worried powells size would b the biggest factor an guess what it was. like i said i do not hate on this kid i just know how good basketball is supposed to be played. team ball not individual stats. :ChairHit: