Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery County 80 - Ashland 71
Final

Kentucky Bank Shootout @ Bourbon County
Congrats Indians
Ashland fared much better than I thought they would.
WideRight05 Wrote:Ashland fared much better than I thought they would.

Maybe so but we should remember that Montgomery County played a two point game (a win) against region archrival Clark County less than twenty-four hours before this game. I am of the opinion, and I suspect I am not alone, that Montgomery County wore down a little from fatigue in the last part of the game and that there may have been a bit of a letdown after the big win over Clark County.

All things considered, it was a good showing by Montgomery County beating two decent opponents within a twenty or so hour period.
Ashland didn't play very well, I thought they should have faired much better. I thought Kentucky looked bad against Indiana too. It was a let down and a lot of things can contribute to that. Ashland will be better because of it but it was pretty ugly.
Anyway you look at it, a big win for Mont. Co. who goes to 5-0 on the season. Ashland drops to (4-1).

Both teams will return to action on the 13th to play Bourbon County (2-2) and Rose Hill Christian respectively.

Good Luck to both teams.
Ashland won't be very good until Whetsel and Gregg stop fighting over shots. Can't clear the glass because they are in a hurry to get a run out. Gregg had 12 rebounds, should have had 24. I wonder how long it will be before they start guarding one another on their own offensive end. Buddy better nip this one in the bud or he will be in the stands at Rupp again.
Withrow didn't play in this one for the kittens because of football this weekend.
Trouble Wrote:Ashland won't be very good until Whetsel and Gregg stop fighting over shots. Can't clear the glass because they are in a hurry to get a run out. Gregg had 12 rebounds, should have had 24. I wonder how long it will be before they start guarding one another on their own offensive end. Buddy better nip this one in the bud or he will be in the stands at Rupp again.

If Ashland makes it to Rupp, Whetsel and Gregg will have a lot to do with it. Remember last few years when Johnson released on the break more often than anybody? They are coached to do that.

MC made only 1 more goal than did Ashland and they had 1 more rebound. The story lies in the free throws, MC shot 23/32, Ashland shot 13/17. There is zero contention between Gregg and Whetsel. I suspect the contention lies elsewhere, you're just gonna have to wait your turn. Overall a pretty classless post by a self styled know-it-all.
The free throws was just in reverse for the Boyd / Ashland game !!! hmmmm
ozzy72666 Wrote:The free throws was just in reverse for the Boyd / Ashland game !!! hmmmm

Yeah, only difference was in your case were the 20 steals Ashland had.
Was the difference in yesterdays game that the fouls were called on Ashland while they were pressing?
^I didn't say the fouls were not legit, what are you talking about?
gapman Wrote:If Ashland makes it to Rupp, Whetsel and Gregg will have a lot to do with it. Remember last few years when Johnson released on the break more often than anybody? They are coached to do that.

MC made only 1 more goal than did Ashland and they had 1 more rebound. The story lies in the free throws, MC shot 23/32, Ashland shot 13/17. There is zero contention between Gregg and Whetsel. I suspect the contention lies elsewhere, you're just gonna have to wait your turn. Overall a pretty classless post by a self styled know-it-all.
First, let's agree that you shouldn't try to to post and act like you're smarter than you really are. It glares through your post.
Second, I never said that Ashland could make it to Rupp without Whetsel and Gregg. So, put your long pants on and relax.
Third, I have to believe that Biggs teaches that you have to rebound the basketball.
Fourth, I can't imagine anyone with any sense of basketball savvy not being able to see the selfishness that is being played out on the court.

Self-styled? What does that mean exactly? And you're right about one thing, I know it all.
Trouble Wrote:First, let's agree that you shouldn't try to to post and act like you're smarter than you really are. It glares through your post.
Second, I never said that Ashland could make it to Rupp without Whetsel and Gregg. So, put your long pants on and relax.
Third, I have to believe that Biggs teaches that you have to rebound the basketball.
Fourth, I can't imagine anyone with any sense of basketball savvy not being able to see the selfishness that is being played out on the court.

Self-styled? What does that mean exactly? And you're right about one thing, I know it all.

You never could stay on topic very well. I'm smart enough to know you will never crawl out from behind your avatar. Who do[B] you think should be taking the shots out there?
First, it's not who takes the shots. It's not about that. But when you're 2 for 20, you'd hope there'd be a clue somewhere before you get to that point that perhaps it's not your night. As for the "zero contention" comment, is that why they were headed back down the floor jawing at each other? And grow up, don't send me PM's threatening me. Be a big boy, it's a message board. Hide behind an avatar? Whatever! I don't have an avatar genius, and if you mean username, surely your parents didn't name you gapman.
[QUOTE=Trouble;1343355]Ashland won't be very good until Whetsel and Gregg stop fighting over shots. Can't clear the glass because they are in a hurry to get a run out. Gregg had 12 rebounds, should have had 24. I wonder how long it will be before they start guarding one another on their own offensive end. Buddy better nip this one in the bud or he will be in the stands at Rupp again.[/QUOTE]

^I refer you back to your original statement.

Self-styled refers to a description that you give to yourself or a claim you make about yourself. An example of self-styled is when you declare yourself an expert in basketball.

Make you a deal, I'll do my best to grow up if you will make an honest effort to wake up.
Diversion is a great way to avoid the subject. They argued on the court, I was there, I heard it. I know you were there too. Say what you want. Doesn't matter what you think or what the box score means to you, but if Biggs doesn't get roles established, this team will be in chaos outside of this region. Maybe GRC will help define them.
Here you go Gapman, I got you a pic you can use as your new and improved avatar.
Trouble Wrote:Diversion is a great way to avoid the subject. They argued on the court, I was there, I heard it. I know you were there too. Say what you want. Doesn't matter what you think or what the box score means to you, but if Biggs doesn't get roles established, this team will be in chaos outside of this region. Maybe GRC will help define them.

Okay, so really you're concerned about the efficiency of the coahing staff. I agree with you, coaches establish roles and that is critical to the makeup and success of the team.

The players (seniors) do get on each other for a lot of reasons and that's a good thing. If you say it was an argument, it was about a two sentence argument. Corey hangs out at my house occassionally, and lately, and they are friends.

Teams have to go through the gelling process every year because seniors leave and that process can't happen in just a few games. Obviously we missed Withrow, he makes a big difference on both sides of the ball. The two players you mentioned probably tried to do too much to take up the slack. But, I thought Bush and Salow played good. In any event, it's early, and these guys liked each other on the football team and that doesn't change during basketball season. Ashland is good, I believe they will grow as a team during the next week and things will be fine. I read this in UK's locker room a few years ago "Iron sharpenth iron; so a man sharpenth the countenance of his friend"
It's all good
Anyone know the stats to this game?