Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath County football?
What do you all think Bath's season will be like with the addition of Rowans main running back and some experience in skill positions?
Wayne stevens is a good one! I coached over at Rowan when he was a freshman.
If Bath is smart at all, dont change from what Wayne has been doing. Dont build him in your offense, Build your offense around him! He will make the difference in winning a game or 2 more. Wayne will make you better, not great, but better.
The Boz Wrote:Wayne stevens is a good one! I coached over at Rowan when he was a freshman.
If Bath is smart at all, dont change from what Wayne has been doing. Dont build him in your offense, Build your offense around him! He will make the difference in winning a game or 2 more. Wayne will make you better, not great, but better.
Wayne Stevens.....the coach from West Jessamine is the head man at Bath? Or is coaching at Bath now? Little Confused on your statement.
I dont no either but glad to have you guys from that area on here. welcome and please keep us informed on this.
If Bath County works hard in the offseason I think they could turn out to be fairly solid when the season rolls around, and now that they have Wayne Stevens, that could help their offense out a lot.
I should have clarified a little better. Wayne Stevens has been the starting tailback for Rowan co. the past 3 years. He's a good sized back, probably around 180.
When Wayne was a freshman, He was a in the high 4.8's on his 40 times.
He's a power runner and really likes to plow people. I don't know the exact numbers but I do know he has rushed for over 1000 yards each of his last 2 seasons.
He's a big plus for the Bath county football team. Wayne also started for Rowan at linebacker, He will bring it on D as well. Good young man as well.
The Boz Wrote:I should have clarified a little better. Wayne Stevens has been the starting tailback for Rowan co. the past 3 years. He's a good sized back, probably around 180.
When Wayne was a freshman, He was a in the high 4.8's on his 40 times.
He's a power runner and really likes to plow people. I don't know the exact numbers but I do know he has rushed for over 1000 yards each of his last 2 seasons.
He's a big plus for the Bath county football team. Wayne also started for Rowan at linebacker, He will bring it on D as well. Good young man as well.

Good point Boz, Wayne Stevens will also bring a good defensive presence to this team to go along with his running abilitites and he should provide good leadership.

Wayne Stevens has put up some great numbers these past couple of years. He led the state in rushing in 2004, rushing for somewhere around 2500 yards that year. This year he lead Rowan County in rushing once again. He rushed for 1810 yards on 180 carries and had 18 touchdowns. He averaged 10.05 yards per rush. He also had 5 receptions for 201 yards this year and one touchdown.
I also believe that Bath should do well this year. I play outside linebacker for them and we started spring practice today. Wayne worked hard today and i hope he continues to do so in the future. I think with a little more experience this year we should be able to win some games and possibly mke the playoffs.
Spring practice turned out pretty good yesterday from what I watched of it. The only problem is that the juniors (who will be seniors next year) didn't have the numbers like the freshman and sophomores did. There are a few who will be coming out pretty soon because they wanted to take a little time off after basketball season. I believe that once after this year that the pride in the program and the dedication will be restored.