Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart starting a football program..
Will this hurt Campbell County/Newport Catholic at all?

Will they have any success at all?
They probably won't have much success at all their first few seasons. It's hard for a new upstart team to make any instant impact if they weren't atleast consolidated from some other schools who played the sport. It may hurt the surrounded teams a little bit, but not too much. Good Luck to Bishop Brossart
Brossart always has big kids. Their one of the most physical basketball teams you'll see play. They seem to always have a couple of 6-4 or 6-5 220 lb kids on the floor.
In a few years, could be pretty good IMO.
Tomcat68 Wrote:They probably won't have much success at all their first few seasons. It's hard for a new upstart team to make any instant impact if they weren't atleast consolidated from some other schools who played the sport. It may hurt the surrounded teams a little bit, but not too much. Good Luck to Bishop Brossart
Consolidated schools stuggle too. At least the ones around here have.
Yeah, look at Lexington Cath when they started..and now look at them...same situation..get who you want!
I think Bishop Brossart will struggle in the first couple of seasons, but once they can get a solid program going, they'll start winning more. It's hard for any program to have instant success in the beginning. Also, I don't think this will hurt Newport Central Catholic or Campbell County much if at all. Good luck to Bishop Brossart.
Yea i think they will struggle there first couple of season as expected....but give them time and i think they can have a good football program....
What do you think 98?

I wonder.

I don't always get such a great feeling about these schools that start football are going to do so well. With Brossart (or even ST. Henry), I can never get the feeling that those kids are going to take to the idea of playing football. If they could get some momentum going--then maybe they wouldn't loose kids to Cov Cath, NCC, etc. But--why leave proven winners to play at a start up?

The one thing that would help is a HUGE name to start things up. Say someone like Mike Yeagle? (I am not sure that would ever happen). But that is what they would need to get things rolling in the right direction.

Schools like Brossart love their soccer and cross country in the fall. I just can't see those types of kids making things work with the oblong ball.
Veryt good point Ky.Hillbilly5321