Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: Mike Leach to Washington State
Mike Leach has reached agreement to become the new football coach at Washington State, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ources-say
....Dammit...Sad
No more idiocy of wanting him at UK thank God. He would not have succeded at the SEC level.
Leach is a good coach, but it's hard to win at Washington State these days.
toussaints Wrote:Leach is a good coach, but it's hard to win at Washington State these days.

If he wins big time their Ill eat my words. Until then I do not like him as a coach.
Yea boy, its looking ever so more clear that were gonna get the Joke back for another season the longer this goes.
I for one am saddened by how bad we will suck once again.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yea boy, its looking ever so more clear that were gonna get the Joke back for another season the longer this goes.
I for one am saddened by how bad we will suck once again.

Leach wouldn't change anything.
^
Maybe, maybe not, it sure as hell cant get any worse.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Leach wouldn't change anything.

Except Football intelligence!
Alot of offense and no defense does not win games unless you have a Tim Couch. Last time I checked Kentucky has no/will not have/ and will most likely never have a quarterback like Couch again. With a receiver Like yeast to throw too. Mike Leach would not be the man for this program. If you want a new coach go for someone with SEC experience with a big time program.
^I don't care what ANYONE says.
Mike Leach would be an upgrade for UK.
I don't like his style either.
But he would be a step up from the middle school program we have right now.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Alot of offense and no defense does not win games unless you have a Tim Couch. Last time I checked Kentucky has no/will not have/ and will most likely never have a quarterback like Couch again. With a receiver Like yeast to throw too. Mike Leach would not be the man for this program. If you want a new coach go for someone with SEC experience with a big time program.

I would love to know why your infatuated with Joker Phillips.
Even the most open minded fans held out hope for Joker until the end of the year and now theyve also turned. I truly believe your the only Joker Phillips fan left in this entire world.
He has done nothing, and will do nothing. Why cant you understand that? Next year will be just horrible and worse than this season. Its very likely we wont win more than 3 games next year with this team and Joker.
I seriously would like to know what your love for him is all about, and dont feed me that money stuff, or were a basketball school stuff, i dont want to here it. I want to know what it is about Jokers offense and gameplans that you like and why you stuck by him while still starting Newton and i would also like to know why you would go with his defenseive schemes and positioning of players. He's not a good coach, and i can only pray we kick his ass out before next season gets here.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would love to know why your infatuated with Joker Phillips.
Even the most open minded fans held out hope for Joker until the end of the year and now theyve also turned. I truly believe your the only Joker Phillips fan left in this entire world.
He has done nothing, and will do nothing. Why cant you understand that? Next year will be just horrible and worse than this season. Its very likely we wont win more than 3 games next year with this team and Joker.
I seriously would like to know what your love for him is all about, and dont feed me that money stuff, or were a basketball school stuff, i dont want to here it. I want to know what it is about Jokers offense and gameplans that you like and why you stuck by him while still starting Newton and i would also like to know why you would go with his defenseive schemes and positioning of players. He's not a good coach, and i can only pray we kick his ass out before next season gets here.

don't love Joker Phillips I don't get why you say that. I am just a realist who realises that we aren't gonna be a big time football program. It takes alot more than a coach to build a winning program. And I also realise that you do not fire a football coach after to years.

You saying we will only win three games next year shows either extreme hyperbole on your part, or you don't realise the whole picture. This year we were a very young team. We return a very very large percentage of our 2-deep rotation, and we have another good class coming in. Joker Phillips is a excellent recruiter, and has got us quite a few great players who according to you we should have never even looked at, ie Randall Cobb. Remember every good player that played under rich brooks was recruited by Joker. I like our new defensive mindset, Mike leach's mindset will not win in this conference he had a good offense at Uk but he also had Tim friggen Couch. And generally good SEC defenses destroyed what he put on the field. I would rather play good D any day of the week.

If We do not win at least 7 regular season games next year I will call for his head until then I am pretty happy with ending two of the three most embarrasing streaks in football. And My hatred of all things tennessee makes me like what Joker is doing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would love to know why your infatuated with Joker Phillips.

I don't love Joker Phillips I don't get why you say that. I would love to hire a big name coach, but it aint gonna happen. I am just a realist who realises that we aren't gonna be a big time football program. It takes alot more than a coach to build a winning program. And I also realise that you do not fire a football coach after two years.

You saying we will only win three games next year shows either extreme hyperbole on your part, or you don't realise the whole picture. This year we were a very young team. We return a very very large percentage of our 2-deep rotation, and we have another good class coming in. Joker Phillips is a excellent recruiter, and has got us quite a few great players who according to you we should have never even looked at, ie Randall Cobb. Remember every good player that played under rich brooks was recruited by Joker. I like our new defensive mindset, Mike leach's mindset will not win in this conference he had a good offense at Uk but he also had Tim friggen Couch. And generally good SEC defenses destroyed what he put on the field. I would rather play good D any day of the week.

As for the bolded cmon dude your gonna sit here and tell me that you know more about what UK needs to do with its personnel than a full coaching staff that sees these guys practice every day?

If We do not win at least 7 regular season games next year I will call for his head until then I am pretty happy with ending two of the three most embarrasing streaks in football. And My hatred of all things tennessee makes me like what Joker is doing.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I don't love Joker Phillips I don't get why you say that. I would love to hire a big name coach, but it aint gonna happen. I am just a realist who realises that we aren't gonna be a big time football program. It takes alot more than a coach to build a winning program. And I also realise that you do not fire a football coach after two years.

As for the bolded cmon dude your gonna sit here and tell me that you know more about what UK needs to do with its personnel than a full coaching staff that sees these guys practice every day?

I dont know what to do. Im no coach, but neither is Joker. I WANT someone who DOES know what to do.

Secondly, this team SHOULD have beaten Tenn. UT is god awful this year, streak or no streak. It was a winnable game, its not like he masterminded an upset. He put a reciever at QB and told Tenn catch me if you can. Anybody could have done that.

My mind isnt going to change, Joker needs to go.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont know what to do. Im no coach, but neither is Joker. I WANT someone who DOES know what to do.

Secondly, this team SHOULD have beaten Tenn. UT is god awful this year, streak or no streak. It was a winnable game, its not like he masterminded an upset. He put a reciever at QB and told Tenn catch me if you can. Anybody could have done that.

My mind isnt going to change, Joker needs to go.

If I remember correctly you were one of the people saying newton should have started last year instead of hartline. The whole year it was all we heard that Hartline is terrible and that Newton was the future. Now this year newton Struggled and everyone said Smith should start. Guess what will happen next year? Smith will struggle, and people will say towles/newton should start. or the other way around either way when it comes to this sport Kentucky fans are never happy. You got to see you golden child start this year and after the first couple of games everyone changed their minds and wanted someone else. I on the other hand fully realised why we started Hartline, and realise that for this program to be succesful will take a ton of patience it does not happen over night. It is not like basketball. It is relatively easy to build a basketball program compared to a football program. Quite frankly I would be willing to bet the farm that none of you love Uk football as much as me. I have had family play for them, and have lived it my whole life. I have a memory that goes back further than ten years and remember many UK teams that this one would beat by 2-3 touchdowns. I do not want to start a Joker Phillips flame war with you we both have differing opinions.

as for Tennessee we should have beat them 4 times in the past 6 years but we never could. That is what I was getting at. Same thing with Spurrier.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If I remember correctly you were one of the people saying newton should have started last year instead of hartline. The whole year it was all we heard that Hartline is terrible and that Newton was the future. Now this year newton Struggled and everyone said Smith should start. Guess what will happen next year? Smith will struggle, and people will say towles/newton should start. or the other way around either way when it comes to this sport Kentucky fans are never happy. You got to see you golden child start this year and after the first couple of games everyone changed their minds and wanted someone else. I on the other hand fully realised why we started Hartline, and realise that for this program to be succesful will take a ton of patience it does not happen over night. It is not like basketball. It is relatively easy to build a basketball program compared to a football program. Quite frankly I would be willing to bet the farm that none of you love Uk football as much as me. I have had family play for them, and have lived it my whole life. I have a memory that goes back further than ten years and remember many UK teams that this one would beat by 2-3 touchdowns. I do not want to start a Joker Phillips flame war with you we both have differing opinions.

as for Tennessee we should have beat them 4 times in the past 6 years but we never could. That is what I was getting at. Same thing with Spurrier.

WRONG.

Hartline did suck.
I hated Brooks as well. While some people loved what he did, i personally think he did absoloutly nothing but make it to a few shitty bow games.

I never said put Newton in or he should start, i said Hartline sucked so bad that we need to try Newton or Moss. Newton was also an epic fail.
You were referring to the coaches getting to see these players every day and knowing whats right, well they obviously missed with Newton.

Im a UK fan just like you, but im also a realist.
Dude, until we get someone who knows what there doing, were going to suck.
Weve sucked horriblly under Brooks and Joker, and pretty much every other coach for that matter.

I dont understand why or how you can be even somewhat pleased with this years team or any other UK team that you've took up for. We suck and that starts with Joker. He sucks. Fire him. Try another one out. Eventually you'll get a guy who could win some games, but with Joker, were never going to.
No one will ever win that many games at UK Rich Brooks is the guy that started out oregon's rise in football. Quite frankly if he couldn't do it no one will be able to. I just don't understand these ridiculous expectations. Unless your 70 you haven't seen kentucky do anything all that impressive in football.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:No one will ever win that many games at UK Rich Brooks is the guy that started out oregon's rise in football. Quite frankly if he couldn't do it no one will be able to. I just don't understand these ridiculous expectations. Unless your 70 you haven't seen kentucky do anything all that impressive in football.

Thats my point. Weve never done anything in football because weve never had a great recruiter.
Thats what we need, not a joke who cant recruit OR coach.

If and WHEN UK doesnt even win this many games next year, will your opinion change? Or are we going to have to here this until Joker is finally fired.