3.Oklahoma State
4.Stanford
5.Virginia Tech
6.Houston
7.Boise State
8.Arkansas
9.Oregon
10.Oklahoma
To be honest, i really hope Oklahoma State beatds Oklahoma and makes it to the title game because all ive heard is whining on the part of eery other team in the country about how Bama dont desere it.
Then when LSU bets OK State by 30 the way its done will look een more stupid.
Everyone is expecting a rematch now, especially ESPN, and Bama deserves to be there. Like it or not, its not the SEC's fault they hae the best two team in the country in the same division.

Also, what happens if Oklahoma knocks off State?
Then there is no possible argument against a rematch.
Either way, to shut the cryers up, i hope theres not a rematch now because everyone will say the SEC was handed one, when thats the furthest thing from the truth.
I'm starting to change my mind on the possibility of a LSU-Bama National Championship...

Oklahoma State is one of my favorite schools though, and my girlfriend graduated from there, so I'd like to see them in it too.
^
I just know the entire country will be crying that its rigged and all the bull crap if it happens.

If the two best teams were in the big 12 id hae no problem with a rematch, it just happens that its the SEC
What was the point difference between Bama and OK St? Is there any chance that OK state could pick up the difference next week?
I'm still hanging on the idea of Bama-LSU rematch.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
LSU 1.000
Bama .9551
OK State .8712
Stanford .8551
V Tech .7811
Looks like theres a huge points gap
It's a no-brainer imo. LSU and Bama are the 2 best teams in college football. The best 2 teams should play for the national championship.
I believe the 2 best teams should play for the national championship, I also believe you have to win your conference to play in the championship as well. However, Alabama would be the best team in any other conference, so if LSU wins the SEC, it should be LSU and Alabama.

I will say this though, if Houston goes undefeated and wins their bowl game and the national champ has 1 loss, then I'd split the title with Houston. I'm not a fan of having a national champ with 1 loss while there is still a team out there that's undefeated. What more could they do? Can't really change the schedule midseason.
^^^Well put...
toussaints Wrote:I believe the 2 best teams should play for the national championship, I also believe you have to win your conference to play in the championship as well. However, Alabama would be the best team in any other conference, so if LSU wins the SEC, it should be LSU and Alabama.

I will say this though, if Houston goes undefeated and wins their bowl game and the national champ has 1 loss, then I'd split the title with Houston. I'm not a fan of having a national champ with 1 loss while there is still a team out there that's undefeated. What more could they do? Can't really change the schedule midseason.

I like you post, but I don't agree with the one-loss scenario. I'm in complete agreement with you that the 2 best teams in the nation should play each other for the title and the winner of that is the champion.

I kind of use this analogy that you and I could be more closely familiar with. Put 2A football into this situation. With no playoffs to decide a champion, we would have to pick the top 2 teams to play each other. I'm not aruging who the top two teams were at the end of the season, but for arguments sake, follow me with this. In you analogy, Cov. Holy Cross and NCC would square off in a 1 versus 2 battle to decide the 2A champion. In a consolation "Bowl" game, Owen Co. would play Newport. In this situation, a team that wins the 1 versus 2 has three losses, yet Gallatan wins and ends the season undefeated. Knowing the competition level that both teams played throughout the season, there is a clear-cut decision as to who the BEST team was, yet you would have split the championship just because a team had a loss(es).

I think we know that either LSU or Bama is "That Much" better than Houston. I could not reward Houston only because they stayed undefeated.

Fair argument???
Stardust Wrote:I like you post, but I don't agree with the one-loss scenario. I'm in complete agreement with you that the 2 best teams in the nation should play each other for the title and the winner of that is the champion.

I kind of use this analogy that you and I could be more closely familiar with. Put 2A football into this situation. With no playoffs to decide a champion, we would have to pick the top 2 teams to play each other. I'm not aruging who the top two teams were at the end of the season, but for arguments sake, follow me with this. In you analogy, Cov. Holy Cross and NCC would square off in a 1 versus 2 battle to decide the 2A champion. In a consolation "Bowl" game, Owen Co. would play Newport. In this situation, a team that wins the 1 versus 2 has three losses, yet Gallatan wins and ends the season undefeated. Knowing the competition level that both teams played throughout the season, there is a clear-cut decision as to who the BEST team was, yet you would have split the championship just because a team had a loss(es).

I think we know that either LSU or Bama is "That Much" better than Houston. I could not reward Houston only because they stayed undefeated.

Fair argument???

I definitely agree with that

My thing is in Houston's case, if they win C-USA this weekend, they'll most likely be in a BCS bowl game, probably the Sugar Bowl, and if they win that bowl game convincingly (more than 28), then they could make a legit argument. Now if they lose or win in a close game against a team that would get smacked by Bama, which is likely, then there's no argument.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be honest, i really hope Oklahoma State beatds Oklahoma and makes it to the title game because all ive heard is whining on the part of eery other team in the country about how Bama dont desere it.
Then when LSU bets OK State by 30 the way its done will look een more stupid.
Everyone is expecting a rematch now, especially ESPN, and Bama deserves to be there. Like it or not, its not the SEC's fault they hae the best two team in the country in the same division.

Also, what happens if Oklahoma knocks off State?
Then there is no possible argument against a rematch.
Either way, to shut the cryers up, i hope theres not a rematch now because everyone will say the SEC was handed one, when thats the furthest thing from the truth.

Why not hope for Okie to pound the Pokes, then when Okie
gets whipped by Arkansas in another BCS bowl, and Bama takes
the rematch, no one has any complaints?