Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Alice Lloyd College Mountain Top Ten
I agree on the Pulaski schools since they are in the 12th Region.
I hadn't heard about any injuries at Bell.
I talked to seceral Bell parents at the clay scrimmage and they said nothing about anyone being injured. Even if they did, he would have to be an all stater to make them good enough to be the best team in 13th. Harlan Co has to be the favorite and then Barbourville, Knox, Clay probably next tier.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Shelby Valley won the 15th last year and return several key players. When was the last time Sheldon Clark proved anything in the 15th in basketball?

This isn't last year...

But are they really the 10th best team in the mountains?? Can someone that's non-biased give me an opinion on that? I don't know much about mountain basketball this year yet.
vundy33 Wrote:This isn't last year...

But are they really the 10th best team in the mountains?? Can someone that's non-biased give me an opinion on that? I don't know much about mountain basketball this year yet.

Valley has a lot of talent but its really young, mostly all freshmen and sophomores. They do have a senior guard I know of that's pretty good, but they are going to rely on the younger talent a whole lot. Easily the youngest team in the region but they have experience from last year. They will probably have a few heart breaking losses along the way gaining experience but come the end of the year, they will be one of the top four teams in the region most likely. But to be fair, this whole region is really young this year.
bball_fan Wrote:Valley has a lot of talent but its really young, mostly all freshmen and sophomores. They do have a senior guard I know of that's pretty good, but they are going to rely on the younger talent a whole lot. Easily the youngest team in the region but they have experience from last year. They will probably have a few heart breaking losses along the way gaining experience but come the end of the year, they will be one of the top four teams in the region most likely. But to be fair, this whole region is really young this year.

That's a fair assessment. From what I seen out of them Saturday, they're not very talented but I'm sure by seasons end they will be right in the thick of things. One thing that can never be taken away from a program such as SV is the history of winning and knowing how to win.
bball_fan Wrote:Valley has a lot of talent but its really young, mostly all freshmen and sophomores. They do have a senior guard I know of that's pretty good, but they are going to rely on the younger talent a whole lot. Easily the youngest team in the region but they have experience from last year. They will probably have a few heart breaking losses along the way gaining experience but come the end of the year, they will be one of the top four teams in the region most likely. But to be fair, this whole region is really young this year.

That sounds like a very fair, unbiased assessment of Shelby Valley, and I agree. They are VERY young, only having 4 players above the sophomore level on the team.

Personally, I would not rank them in the Mountain Top 10 right now. I could very well see them having a year like last year, with several tough losses in the regular season, but able to make a run at winning the region in March. They will be very well-coached, and Greg will certainly get the best he can out of them.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We are now officially 3 days into the young basketball season so, I figured that I would post a status update of how the Preseason Mountain Top Ten teams are doing.

1. Perry Central(1-0) W vs Powell Co. 71-49
2. Buckhorn(1-0) W vs Riverside Christian @ Perry Co. Central 98-31
3.Knott Central(1-0) W vs Jenkins 69-31
4. Harlan Co. First game Dec. 6th @ Lee, VA
5. Letcher Central First game Dec. 3rd vs Prestonsburg
6. Pulaski Co. First game Dec. 2nd vs Bryan Station @ Tates Creek
7. Bell Co.(1-0) W vs Whitley Co. 63-50
8. Hazard(1-0) W vs Owsley Co. 61-33
9. Sheldon Clark First game Dec 2nd @ South Point, OH
10. Shelby Valley First game Dec 5th @ Boyd Co.

It's obviously way too earlier to tell how these teams are going to be doing but, I figured that I would post this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:We are now officially 3 days into the young basketball season so, I figured that I would post a status update of how the Preseason Mountain Top Ten teams are doing.

1. Perry Central(1-0) W vs Powell Co. 71-49
2. Buckhorn(1-0) W vs Riverside Christian @ Perry Co. Central 98-31
3.Knott Central(1-0) W vs Jenkins 69-31
4. Harlan Co. First game Dec. 6th @ Lee, VA
5. Letcher Central First game Dec. 3rd vs Prestonsburg
6. Pulaski Co. First game Dec. 2nd vs Bryan Station @ Tates Creek
7. Bell Co.(1-0) W vs Whitley Co. 63-50
8. Hazard(1-0) W vs Owsley Co. 61-33
9. Sheldon Clark First game Dec 2nd @ South Point, OH
10. Shelby Valley First game Dec 5th @ Boyd Co.

It's obviously way too earlier to tell how these teams are going to be doing but, I figured that I would post this.

Looks good LeeCoUKfan! I would flip Hazard and Bell but looks good overall.