Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrier Classic: #1 North Carolina v. Michaigan State 11/11/11
I don't really care about the game, but watching the previews of this, it sure is interesting.

Quote:As today's game between North Carolina and Michigan State on the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson approached, it began to look like they might need the contingency.
Rain began to appear in the Friday forecast and organizers tried to make ready another court — on the hangar deck below the flight deck. There was enough room for the court and for maybe 3,000 fans, as opposed to the seating for 7,000 on the flight deck.
But that plan was scrapped when the logistical problems just kept adding up — including the security issues of moving that many people with President Obama in the crowd.
So now all involved are holding their breath. Rain is forecast for tonight around 12 p.m. ET, about five hours after the scheduled 7:15 p.m. ET tipoff (ESPN). If an unexpectedly early rain makes play impossible, the game will simply be canceled, like a baseball game.
"It is not going to rain," Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis insisted.
Who are the cheerleaders? The Navy personnel?
UNC should go through them easily.
Love the idea, Anyone seen the jerseys MSU will be wearing? love them!

All 3 officals were in the military.Reed (Army) Greene (Air Force) and Breeding( Air Force from KY) Congrats to those 3 men.

Happy Veterans Day. Thank you Vets and Active Duty.
That's awesome, hopefully it doesn't rain there
This is seriously one of the coolest sporting events that I'm ever going see. I'm exciting to watch the game tonight, hopefully it is a good one. UNC's jersey wont have the normal last name on they back they'll say "America" and Mich St are going to be camo. Go Sparty!
North Carolina 82-71.
Yeah, MSU's Athletic Director promised it wouldn't rain. Even if it does, they have a spare court below deck.

What's really cool about this is that this is the same ship that put Bin Laden into the sea...