Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell chances in a matchup with Lou. Cen.
we can say "central played the big boys" but i recall them losing those games. the only common opponent would be Etown and both central and bell had their way in those games. i will be pulling for bell, but..... records aside central does come into the game with an advantage. even though the afore mentioned games central lost, you have to think those loses did nothing but boost their confidence when it comes to 3a playoffs. i think this one comes down to "mountain pride" ... does bell have enough of it. GOOD LUCK BELL!
I'll take Bell over central at Log Moutain.It takes one heck of a team to go to Bell and get a win.I've seen central a couple of times on ihigh this year..I don't think they can beat Bell at home.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I'll take Bell over central at Log Moutain.It takes one heck of a team to go to Bell and get a win.I've seen central a couple of times on ihigh this year..I don't think they can beat Bell at home.

The game will be played @Central
From a Belfry fan, it takes a team like Belfry or Bell to beat Central. You can't outrun them, you have to hit them and fight speed with power. Sustain drives, don't turn the ball over, and do not give Ace Wales the chance to touch the ball. Bell stands a very good shot.

Bell/Belfry for 3A! Let's all hope for it!
I know Davenport is quick, But I remember when everyone claimed Channing Fugate to be so quick, and watching his highlights, he was fast against mountain competition, when we played them, he broke off one long run and 5 guys chased him down, Davenport is probably alot faster than fugate, I'm just saying don't underestimate our speed. Will be a good game, and The Casey Co. Game, which everyone was saying was close, we were without Wales and our leading tackler. GOod luck to bell this week.
Always have said it for years, what scares me most when it comes to Bell is a team that excels in the passing game. Running teams doesn't worry me near as much. The only team I can think of that had success running the ball on Bell was Harlan County..Several players and people around the program all saw the reason Harlan was having so much success running on them, and they have fixed it. With that being said Wales is on a different level than anyone on HC's team. We know Davenport and Wales will be Davenport and Wales..what I'm thinking the key to this game will be is the supporting cast. If Polly and Oslonian show up to play, I think Bell's chances in this game are more than just good. Can't wait for this one.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:what I'm thinking the key to this game will be is the supporting cast.

Central wins this category. Central has a handful of future D-1 recruits dotted throughout their lineup, specifically at LB. Bell can win the battle in the trenches...where it becomes tricky is once you get to the second levels and outside the tackle boxes.

The thing that has killed Belfry in their two games with Central has been turnovers. I know this is standard issue, but Central is lethal at quick change points. You throw an INT....they return it for a TD. You fumble, they score a TD on the next play. You are driving to make the score 21-17 then all of a sudden you look up and it is 28-10. Then you fumble and suddenly it is 35-10 and you are in a world of trouble. Prime example is the 2007 Finals.

Belfry is up 10-7 and intercept Central and return it into Yellowjacket territory with 11 seconds remaining in the half. Instead of going into the locker room, Belfry takes a deep shot and the QB's arm is hit as he throws. Central intercepts it and returns it 76 yards for a TD as the Half expires. Central goes into the locker room with momentum, they receive to open the 2nd Half.. a handful of plays later Stephon Robinson gets behind the defense for a TD. Belfry suddenly trails 21-10 and were forced to play catch up.

Mountain fans likes to brag about how hard they hit, how they play smashmouth football, and so on.... Central will straight up pop you and match your physicality. They are very good at creating turnovers, and even better at riding momentum. If Bell, Belfry, or Breathitt hope to have any chance against team you better protect the football.
Where did the panther moron go? He started this and then musta had a stroke or something. (Hope not literally). Anyway, man, jealously runs deep down there in Knox doesn't it. Just sit back and watch a real team for another week, and a real coach. You might be the best horse driver, but you gotta have the horses to make it look good. Coach Mills has them now. Everybody keeps throwing up Lex. Cath. Heck, it was the first game for this whole coaching staff literally. First game jitters, learning to work together in game situations, dang, come on people. I thought Bell played a heck of a game. The coaches' can't prevent silly turnovers. Coach Mills has 100% support at Bell. Of coarse, theres a few who still think ole Dud may come back so they don't want to show to much support, but Mills is doing a super job and Bell couldn't have done better in picking a coach so lay off him. We've took your winning dreams and your coach, just move on. :Clap:

Go CATS, let's beat Wayne and then look ahead to next week.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Where did the panther moron go?

Go CATS, let's beat Wayne and then look ahead to next week.

He must have missed knox's game friday, Boyle gives them the ball 5 times and they cant manage to squeeze out more than 14 points. Since knox is such a better program and are so good they get a week off in the playoffs, they can all come up to log mountain and try to point out all the things the bobcats and Coach Mills are doing wrong. :eyeroll:
BigBlueBell Wrote:Hey man, get real!

Mills never had a team at KC that was even close to Bell this year. Davenport don't need coaching it's all natural to him.

Bell would kill Lou Cent anytime they play them this year. We have had no competition all year, so bring it on!!

be careful what you wish for,cause you will probally get an early Christmas present next week...
former Wrote:It means bell aint better and speed kills, Central may run the clock on Bell

that WONT happen..
:dontthink

The above don't represent the way us Bell people think. At least the one's who follow the program and know what's going on. With Centrals reputation, how can anyone say Bell will kill them.
joethegreek Wrote:It all depends about the health of standout rb Anthony Wales. Wales was injured in the PRP game and only playeed three downslast week. Coach Scroggins told Mike Fields of the Herald Leader that he has an unspecified minor injury. Don't know his status for this week. They can probably beat Corbin without him. Don't overlook Bell. There defense has forced 22 turnovers. I am an outsider looking in. I am not from Central or Bell.

where you from joethegreek,lol,you know i know.
It's gonna be a close game and Bell can pull it out.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Central wins this category. Central has a handful of future D-1 recruits dotted throughout their lineup, specifically at LB. Bell can win the battle in the trenches...where it becomes tricky is once you get to the second levels and outside the tackle boxes.

The thing that has killed Belfry in their two games with Central has been turnovers. I know this is standard issue, but Central is lethal at quick change points. You throw an INT....they return it for a TD. You fumble, they score a TD on the next play. You are driving to make the score 21-17 then all of a sudden you look up and it is 28-10. Then you fumble and suddenly it is 35-10 and you are in a world of trouble. Prime example is the 2007 Finals.

Belfry is up 10-7 and intercept Central and return it into Yellowjacket territory with 11 seconds remaining in the half. Instead of going into the locker room, Belfry takes a deep shot and the QB's arm is hit as he throws. Central intercepts it and returns it 76 yards for a TD as the Half expires. Central goes into the locker room with momentum, they receive to open the 2nd Half.. a handful of plays later Stephon Robinson gets behind the defense for a TD. Belfry suddenly trails 21-10 and were forced to play catch up.

Mountain fans likes to brag about how hard they hit, how they play smashmouth football, and so on.... Central will straight up pop you and match your physicality. They are very good at creating turnovers, and even better at riding momentum. If Bell, Belfry, or Breathitt hope to have any chance against team you better protect the football.

I agree with you completely. I'm not in the least little bit delusional about what Central is bringing to the table, They're roster is certainly scattered with kids with a future on Saturdays, But this wont be the first time Bell has lined up across from a team like that. What ever Bell poster is saying that Bell will handily beat Central has lost his mind. Every player I've talked to seems the say the same things "It'll be tough, We'll have to play a perfect game, I think we can hang with them and win it". Key will definitely be the supporting casts, and turnovers. And you're right about Centrals second and third lines of defense, solid tacklers. Bell has been known to not worry about the second or third lines of defense though, Pick up 3-4 yards a carry and drain the clock. I think that's what it'll take for bell to win, Clock management and no costly turnovers.
panther nation Wrote:Ok sports fans if Bell plays Lou. Cen next week who will win and why??

I think Lou. Cent will win an win big, I have followed Bells coach over the years and the truth of the matter is he can't win the big games. Just like when he was as Knox Cent. he would always choke when if came time to play Bell, granted Bell had some good teams but so did coach Mills. I just don't think Bell has the coaching to pull off the upset, players yes Davenport is one of the best backs in the state, but without a good coach you just can't win. Goodluck Bell you'll need it.

From what I have read and watched about Knox Central over the years your program wasn't fit to be acknowledged. It was a laughing stock every time we at Bell ever played you. Coach Mills turned it into a competitive program. You ought to be proud of that. Obviously he knew something about putting a program together because you sure didn't have one when he took it over. I beg to differ that 5A Harlan pretty much walked all over you and Bell with the leadership of Mills sent Harlan home packing. That was a huge game for the fans of Bell Co. What is it with you people? Your season ends and you have to stab at those still playing? I'd spend my time worrying about why my team was home on the couch instead of bashing others who are being coached on the field.
I will consider it a mild upset if Central wins. The key to beating a team like Central is to control the LOS and run it down their throats to neutralize their team speed. If Bell's line is as good as billed and they do not turn the ball over, they should win. I think that whoever finishes the strongest will get the win. I have read conflicting accounts of where this game will be played if both teams avoid an upset this week...but even if the game is played in Louisville, Bell County will probably have far more fans in the stands supporting them and that is a disadvantage that Central has to deal with every season. It is a shame that such a good program cannot draw more support from the community.
Gotta go with Bell in this one... Get it done Bell!
southbound Wrote:we can say "central played the big boys" but i recall them losing those games. the only common opponent would be Etown and both central and bell had their way in those games. i will be pulling for bell, but..... records aside central does come into the game with an advantage. even though the afore mentioned games central lost, you have to think those loses did nothing but boost their confidence when it comes to 3a playoffs. i think this one comes down to "mountain pride" ... does bell have enough of it. GOOD LUCK BELL!

All 3 of Central's losses against the "big boys" where within 3pts
You'd be well served not to brag so much. You would be an underdog on a neutral
field, and you have to got to Lou. right? Not to say you can't win, but it would be an
upset for any of the top contenders, Breathitt Bell, Belfry or Paducah to beat
Central.
Iluvfootball Wrote:All 3 of Central's losses against the "big boys" where within 3pts

my point exactly. which will bring them into this game with the mentality "no 3A team will beat us, we almost beat the best this state has to offer" central is very talented but will those three close games help or hurt them? will it give them the big head? we will see Friday.
Louisville Wrote:I know Davenport is quick, But I remember when everyone claimed Channing Fugate to be so quick, and watching his highlights, he was fast against mountain competition, when we played them, he broke off one long run and 5 guys chased him down, Davenport is probably alot faster than fugate, I'm just saying don't underestimate our speed. Will be a good game, and The Casey Co. Game, which everyone was saying was close, we were without Wales and our leading tackler. GOod luck to bell this week.
channing fugate run a 4.7 on a good day, but the horse was hard to bring down.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:channing fugate run a 4.7 on a good day, but the horse was hard to bring down.

He was not blazing fast by any means, but you hit the nail on the head he was a load to bring down.
I read about half this thread and got a bit dizzy with the crap as usual. For the record, most of us here in Knox wish Coach Mills the very best against any team he plays. He helped us build a good program that is improving every year. We are all thankful for the excellent job he did here and happy to see him having success at Bell.

Its a shame we did not get to play the Knox Bell game this year but that is water under the bridge. And yes all you Bell fans can always know that old Football1 still thinks we would have kicked your blue butt. In the mean time, I think Bell will beat Central and win a 3A title.
former Wrote:Something like that

Man central is heads and shoulders above Bell. Look at schedule Central plays. Speed everywhere adn soem UK players on the field.

So are you saying that Central is really good, even playing with the
handicap of having UK players?
Louisville Wrote:I know Davenport is quick, But I remember when everyone claimed Channing Fugate to be so quick, and watching his highlights, he was fast against mountain competition, when we played them, he broke off one long run and 5 guys chased him down, Davenport is probably alot faster than fugate, I'm just saying don't underestimate our speed. Will be a good game, and The Casey Co. Game, which everyone was saying was close, we were without Wales and our leading tackler. GOod luck to bell this week.

I don;t remember anyone claiming Figate was so quick. Just that
he was a very good strong back. And when you played him, he
ran all over you. You won, and had a better overall team, but he
was the best back on the field.
panther nation Wrote:but all jokes aside, does Bell have the speed,size,and depth of Lou Cen. ???

Who does???You are a 5A school "playing down" on technicalities.Girl to boy ratio.What a shame and a freaking joke.I hope you're soooo happy with your 3A titles.What a joke.:hilarious:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I will consider it a mild upset if Central wins. The key to beating a team like Central is to control the LOS and run it down their throats to neutralize their team speed. If Bell's line is as good as billed and they do not turn the ball over, they should win. I think that whoever finishes the strongest will get the win. I have read conflicting accounts of where this game will be played if both teams avoid an upset this week...but even if the game is played in Louisville, Bell County will probably have far more fans in the stands supporting them and that is a disadvantage that Central has to deal with every season. It is a shame that such a good program cannot draw more support from the community.

YOU my friend COULDN'T have been to a game at Central if you don't think they sell that place OUT ! it's like Mardi GRAS or a derby event .....against the right opponent .
"EVERYBODY HAS THAT 1 BAD MATCH-UP GAME" Bell is a bad match-up for Central. Central has not seen a style like Bell's.