Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrence Jones ready to lead UK
With yet another loaded freshman class, UK always was going to be good this season. When Jones eschewed the NBA and elected to return for his sophomore season, most everyone agreed the Wildcats could be great.

"I told Terrence, you look at those freshmen and you say, 'You guys are really good, but you aren't better than me,''' coach John Calipari said. "He's practicing that way. He's trying to say, 'Look, I went through this. I just went to the Final Four.'''

It is more than Jones' experience that will determine Kentucky's results; it's his maturity.

Freshman year isn't easy on anyone -- not for the general studies student whose game is limited to his Xbox and certainly not for the basketball player tossed into the never-ending spotlight of Kentucky basketball.

Attention certainly is nothing new for Jones. He led Jefferson High to three consecutive Oregon state titles and joined Kevin Love and Fred Jones as the only Class 5A players to twice earn player of the year honors by The Oregonian newspaper. His college choice had all the makings of a soap opera, with seemingly the entire Pacific Northwest equal parts elated and offended when he chose Washington and then reconsidered, opting instead for Kentucky.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...basketball
jones will lead this team with miller!
I am really glad Jones came back. I think he and Miller will be the experienced leadership UK needs. GO CATS!!!!!!