Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 21 Morgan Co. 14
good win for the dawgs and great season for the morgan county cougars
Congrats Dawgs!.... I actually had Morgan Co. picked to win this one. They have had a great past couple seasons under a new coach and system. I look for them to continue to impress. And yes, regardless of the teams they scheduled, it is a vast improvement from past seasons. They have been EVERYONE'S Homecoming game for the past decade or longer. So, them having a stellar season is more than impressive.
ballfan87 Wrote:Not a losing team on this schedule in 2008.. I think what was meant is that the only team Morgan played with a winning record was Breathitt Co. But regardless the only games that count are the district games.. Morgan did not get to pick them and all the others were basically scrimmage game. In 2009 LC went 12-0 which was considered a perfect season, but same scenario many weak teams. Coach Salmons was trying to rebuild his team, get new players out and instill confidence in his team.. just like Morgan Co.'s coach. I would way that next year you will see a little tougher schedule and you will see a lot more kids out to play for Morgan. I wish them all the luck in building a team with winning tradition in the future. The Cougars got a good start with this season.
Great post. This was a very exciting game from start to finish. Morgan proved they deserved to be there. I thought the officiating was way over the top. I don't recall LC ever being penalized as much. And what was up with the chain gang and changing 3rd down to 4th down.
If both teams didn't deserve to be there then they wouldn't be there. Morgan County proved to everyone they deserved to be in that game and they played like it. Lawrence County had a tough task to go on the road and to a place hosting it's first ever playoff game and come away with a win. The score should have been more like 28-14 or 35-14 but the penalties kept the game close. Ricky Goble and Morgan O'Brian just a sophomore and a freshman both had huge games running the football. The dawg's defense really stepped up I thought and like always they played hard. Hats off to those kids and the coaching staff for not giving up..
lcgrad2002 Wrote:If both teams didn't deserve to be there then they wouldn't be there. Morgan County proved to everyone they deserved to be in that game and they played like it. Lawrence County had a tough task to go on the road and to a place hosting it's first ever playoff game and come away with a win. The score should have been more like 28-14 or 35-14 but the penalties kept the game close. Ricky Goble and Morgan O'Brian just a sophomore and a freshman both had huge games running the football. The dawg's defense really stepped up I thought and like always they played hard. Hats off to those kids and the coaching staff for not giving up..

lcgrad2002..really don't know what is up with the sarcasm in recent posts, Morgan O'Brien is just a Freshman and with the way he is going.. is on his way to being one of the best players LC has had.
Congrats to both teams on a great game. Give Morgan credit on a great turnaround. Unfortunately for Morgan my opinion is that their offense will always limit them in the playoffs. The offense is designed to do exactly what it has done. Throughout the regular season playing teams at or of less skill level than you, you should win. However, the playoffs will be a different story when you play a team that will play assignment football. Estill is a perfect example. They had their best teams in schoolnhistory but couldn't get across the hump because offensively they are so limited when they play a team that can shut down the run between the tackles. Again just my opinion so I'm not really looking for a debate. Morgan and coach turner have done a great job getting people excited about football.
This is good for mountain football.
I didn't mean to sound sarcastic, I also believe
Morgan and Ricky both had big games. Could this be Morgans coming out party and be the game we all look back at as the one where he came on.
I keep hearing complaints about the chain gang. It is the officials duty to inform the chain gang what down it is after each play. They are not suppose to change the down until the official says so. If they have the wrong down the official is suppose to change it. Many of those down markers, if they are stuck, will skip a down if you do not keep an eye on the.
blitz43 Wrote:Congratz on a great season Morgan. I was really hoping you guys could move on. I have a feeling that we will be hearing a lot from Morgan in the next few years.

#12 Joe Holbrook(jr running back), #9 Kody Thornsberry( soph running back), #2 Jordan Whitt (jr fullback), #3 Larrin Collins(jr qb), #19 Walker Crase (jr mlb-rb), #55 Jt Brown( soph ol/dl), #52 Jared Short( soph ng), Nick Clevenger( jr ol/dl) all return, all started. Plus Tanner Mcguire, John Crouch, Nick Adams, Hunter Adams, Taylor Havens, all who had played varsity and had varsity starts this season. Morgan will be better next season. I thought Lawrence had alot of talent. #6 was the guy that hurt Morgan. Morgan stopped #36 but #6 slipped through the crack on buck sweep a couple times and got big gainers. Lawrence qb #7 is a very smart football player, he does not make bad decisions. #23 has some speed, runs jet sweep effectively.
Big #75 was a monster, all in all Lawrence county has alot of talent.