Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mississippi State 28 - Kentucky 16
I will also ask this question, just as I did on my Facebook:

Is there now a QB controversy at UK?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maxwell Smith went 26/33 for 174 yards ZERO turnovers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He should get a chance to win the job this week...
UK looked better on Offense tonight. Joker may have found him a QB that can run his system. I thought Maxwell Smith looked pretty good for a true Freshmen playing in a SEC game. With Patrick Towles coming in the QB spot looks solid. I thought the Defense would play better but it had a hard time getting off the field in the 1st Half. On a different note, I don't know why Joker didn't go for 2 after that TD???? I don't care what that chart says, its common sense. When you are down 28 to 16 you need two TD's to win or tie the same as you do when you are down 28 to 15. If you get the 2 points the Score is 28 to 17 and a TD and 2 point play plus field goal tie the game! The 1 extra point didn't mean shit! JOKER 6+2+3=11 !!!! 17+11=28 In other words on that last drive in the redzone UK could have kicked a Field goal and been down 8,(had they got the 2after the TD) one score and a 2 point play with chance for a on-side KICK. Common Joker good coachs can't miss little things like that! Take a Math Class in your free time!
At least the Cats did not get blown out.
Yet another accurate prediction by PaintsvilleTigerFan.
I do believe there is a QB controversy. Honestly the offense looked better under Smith. We actually moved the chains with some consistently.
i will say this, Smith has a much better arm than Newton.
The kid can blaze it into a recievers chest 30 yards down field.

However, we still suck.
Too many big plays. We did a good job on D but the fact that they were out there the whole first half caused the D to be too tired to stop the big plays. We did better in the second half. But we have to get better on offense.
We didn't get beat as bad as what some of you all thought.
vundy33 Wrote:He should get a chance to win the job this week...
Did he not win it with his performance today? Wait...Joker will find a reason to start Newton wont he ... Smith is the man for the job IMO no doubt after tonight. They need to free him up a little more, however its hard to do that when your o-line cant protect the QB
MisterPerfect Wrote:We didn't get beat as bad as what some of you all thought.

It was 21-3 at the half. MSU went into cruise control in the 2nd half
Uniforms look nice but same result.
Aslan Wrote:I hated the uniforms.

Loved them!

As for who should be the QB next week agaisnt Ole Miss, I hope Smith gets the start.
Aslan Wrote:Kentucky had been ranked 119th in total offense. Now, they're 118th. Rise!

Well, I guess I was wrong on Joker - he has this team headed in the right direction:popcorn:
Aslan Wrote:Kentucky had been ranked 119th in total offense. Now, they're 118th. Rise!

The former 118th was probably on a bye.
only thing good about this game was the black uniforms
Stardust Wrote:It was 21-3 at the half. MSU went into cruise control in the 2nd half
I think it had more to do with UK changing their gameplan than Miss St going on cruis control. I was there and MSU was still trying the samethings that worked for them in the first half in the second half.

Problem for UK was they have no balls on defense or offense. We stayed in zone almost all night (never worked) and we got zero pressure on MSu QB's. I don't know what Minter was thinking, but his gameplan was not working.

Offensivley we never tried to go for the big play. There were maybe three plays all night that were down field. We tried those short crossing routes on almost every pass play. We actually didn't run the ball too bad, but Joker and Sanders has to get away form that damn draw. It never works.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
What a shocking result.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]