Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls 16th Region Tournament MVP Snub??
I'm not sure if anyone on here actually attended the title game or any of the other games during the regional tournament that LCC played in but I can not understand why Collins was given the MVP trophy??? Would someone please shed some light on this for me??

Lindsey Kincer was who I thought was the clear choice.
Go read my reply in the LCC vs SL 16th Reg Championship Thread. It's the Head Coach of the winning team that makes the decision who gets MVP.
Let me enlighten you guys on something. Kincer and Collins are two great players. Collins had more goals in this tournament and more assist. Clear winner of the MVP. Her dad being coach had nothing to do with it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Just a stat update. In the three games that was in the regional tournament, Arrianna had 7 goals and 6 assist. In the championship game she had 2 goals, and 3 yes 3 assist. Clearly there is nothing else she could have done extra to get this award. Cougar haters ganna hate and that is OK. We are so proud of these girls who have worked so hard the past 4 years to get this program on the right track. Good Luck girls. GO COUGARS!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Just a stat update. In the three games that was in the regional tournament, Arrianna had 7 goals and 6 assist. In the championship game she had 2 goals, and 3 yes 3 assist. Clearly there is nothing else she could have done extra to get this award. Cougar haters ganna hate and that is OK. We are so proud of these girls who have worked so hard the past 4 years to get this program on the right track. Good Luck girls. GO COUGARS!!!

Sounds like someone is just trying to stir up some trouble. Congrats to the young lady on an exceptional tourney and to the entire team on their first regional crown. Enjoy the moment.
Agreed....
I will say it is unfortunate most MVP's awards go to goal scorers, while others go unnoticed or non-recognized.

One of my children, there senior year, broke records in goal scoring for there school. I was tickled to death the top defender was awarded the team MVP for the season instead of my child. Here was a kid who worked there butt off the last 4 years (like my child), but was always forgotten at tournament awards, district awards, etc..

My child had plenty of recognition in the past, it was great to see others recognized for there hard work as well.

It is a TEAM sport .
It is a team sport , but the goals win the game . It is unfortunate that they only look at goals though as a rule for these awards, I guess they think of individual play as well.
soccxer lover...I though the moto was , "Defense wins game" scorings puts people in the stands. And its not a rule, its just they way most sports judge who is the best.
Its created the problem of a team being loaded with talent, but cant't win. The have yet to learn to play as a team, because everyone wants to score.
I do agree with your statement.
When was the last time other than football have they gave a MVP trophy to a defensive player. Collins won this award fair and square. Lead the state in scoring for the second year in a row. Came within one assist of leading the state for the second time. Shattered the assist record for most assist in a season. All time leader in assist in the state, second all time in scoring and was second all time in scoring in a season. Guys I think I made my point. Morehead St is getting a great player if no one else comes out and goes after her.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Your making my point...To many organizatons give awards to offensive players or goal scorers. Soccer is a team sport, the goal scorer is not the team.

Not saying she is not deserving of awards.

Give me good play making mid fielder, who wins the 50/50 ball, and they will make alot of people around them better. Give this player an award.
It's clear what has been going on for years to everyone you can argue till your blue in the face all you have to do is watch one game, it's not rocket science. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and if you watch LCC play then it is obvious and no amount of trying to convince people otherwise will work. Just because you say it does not make it the truth even if you actually believe it.:HitWall:
Arianna is a solid player, but i dont think there will ever be another Ashley Hall around here.
The KHSAA listed her as all state honerable mention. Which mean she gets to play in the all state game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Arianna is reluctant to WALK ON to Morehead State's team. Now, I don't like to put down people, I really don't, but she is not as good as people put her up to be. She lead state in goals in an area of the state where 60-70% of the teams she is playing against are in the first couple years of their program...any player who has mediocre talent can do that. If she stays at Morehead for 4 years...chances are she will be a career reserve player. They aren't going to hand everything to her there like her Dad, oh I mean Coach, did....

And cougarpride08...as for her parents not having anything to do with the award.....haha!
Speaking from a soccer program that hasn't won a district in five years I feel since your team is not even at LCC level, you have to come on here and try to cause uproar. Work more on getting your soccer program successful, and less time bad mouthing a region championship team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

sometimes you just let it come to you, life is not like roller derby I heard she has several scholership offers glad to hear it. She earned it. :redboxer:
I think UPike is really interested in her.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

ME no like da soccer
Then why did you post on a soccer thread?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!