Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Could Change One Thing About Your Church, What Would It Be?
If You Could Change One Thing About Your Church, What Would It Be?

Be honest. Pastors like me want to truly know these things, even if it means that us leaving is the change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm going to use my mom's Baptist church I go to sometimes with her as an example, since I don't even go to Mass anymore.

I would change the hypocrisy, supposed "Christians" that look down on anyone any different than them, while not even trying to get to know them or anything. It's prevalent in most churches in the bible belt, and I can't stand it.
^Thank you for your honest response.

Keep 'em coming y'all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think every church has a few that likes to gossip.
Ive watched an Easter play before that really summed up whats wrong with some Churches.
For example, people, particularly old women, gossipingabout other peoples lives. This doesnt have any place in Church. We are not to judge ANYONE period.
Secondly, the hypocrocy that is involoved with many followers.
I find it hard to believe a good christian man or woman can simply go to church and feel there living right without living right outside of church. Im sure you all have some of the same that tend to just be pure buttholes outside of church, and sometimes even in church especially toward the younger generation.

As king said, i dont attend church as much as i should either. Having the job i do is a good excuse, but there is no excuse to putting faith on the backburner for we are all sinners.

And lastly, i love small numbered churches A LOT more than big population churches. IMHO it brings you closer to god and really lets you in. However, in a big church, its all about the politics and who goes there and how much better someone is than somebody else. I even know of one church close to here thats huge,its baptist, but that same church also has a dress code. Yes, a dress code for khaki pants and collared shirts. Now thats fine, if you want to attend you can, however, i believe someone who is not fortunate enough to afford those things are just as important as someone who is. Also, if i was the head of a church, i would welcome anyone and everyone to come, no matter race, religion, or personality. Were suppose to be messengers for God, not hypocrits.

Im a baptist and always will be, but there are definitely some flaws among the way some churches go about worship. We are the same in God's eyes, and thats the same way we should see it here as well.
Hypocrites.
I don't go to church often, but everybody knows I love God. I sin, am open about it, don't try to hide who I am, and definitely don't judge people for their actions like many "Christians" do. Some churches keep more people away from God, than they bring to God.
I'm gonna go a little further...

My perfect Church

I'd like to have a Church that was just totally stripped down.
I mean forget the big buildings, forget the floral arrangements, the flat-screens, the sound systems, the 4 part harmonies, the Easter dresses, I could go on forever....

A Church full of people hungry for God.

A Church that takes a stand against sin but doesn't take a stand against every sinner that walks through the door.

I'd like the Word to be given like Jesus gave it. He gave people real life situations that were parallel to the point he wanted to get across.

This is just me....
There's nothing wrong with having a nice Church, with awesome musicians, and Preachers that can go on for hours about what God has revealed to them.

I just have some pretty surreal ideas of what I would want in a Church and you can almost sum it up in the words of a popular Worship song.
Quote:When the music fades
And all is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless your heart

I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the ways things appear
You're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
It's all about You Jesus

King of endless worth
No one could express
How much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor
All I have is Yours
Every single breath
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm gonna go a little further...

My perfect Church

I'd like to have a Church that was just totally stripped down.
I mean forget the big buildings, forget the floral arrangements, the flat-screens, the sound systems, the 4 part harmonies, the Easter dresses, I could go on forever....

A Church full of people hungry for God.

A Church that takes a stand against sin but doesn't take a stand against every sinner that walks through the door.

I'd like the Word to be given like Jesus gave it. He gave people real life situations that were parallel to the point he wanted to get across.

This is just me....
There's nothing wrong with having a nice Church, with awesome musicians, and Preachers that can go on for hours about what God has revealed to them.

I just have some pretty surreal ideas of what I would want in a Church and you can almost sum it up in the words of a popular Worship song.

Great post!
Hypocrisy and Politics.