Poll: Which is the GOW?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry (8-0) @ Pike Central (6-1)
30.00%
Perry Central (7-1) @ Harlan County (8-0)
40.00%
Johnson Central (7-1) @ Ashland (6-2)
13.33%
Leslie County (6-2) @ Pburg (5-3)
3.33%
Knox Central (6-2) @ Russell County (7-1)
13.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Should Be The WYMT GOTW?
You have to go with Belfry vs. Pike Central IMO. Haywood going for history, only one loss between the two teams, and an intra-county rivalry.

Harlan County vs. Bell will be the GOW next week as well.
All good ones EKU!!! You know which one I think should be game of the week!!!
Harlan County vs. Bell County will be the G.o.t.W
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Harlan County vs. Bell County will be the G.o.t.W

That's the final week of the season but I agree
I am partial to the Leslie/ Prestonsburg game..
Been a while since Leslie Co. has played for a District Championship..
And there will be some Good football players on the field for that one..

Jamerson, Williams, Garner, Crisp for P-Burg...
Brewer, Asher, Maggard, Hubbard, Horton for Leslie...
Also, 2 of Eastern Ky. Best freshmen. Mike Smith(Leslie Co.) Jarredd Jarrell (P-Burg)

Lots of talent on that field for sure..
Oh I had my bearings wrong, lol.

This week should be Knox Central vs. Russell County. SOOOOO many playoff seeding and district championship and placement matters at hand. The winner gets a home playoff game, the loser travels to Boyle County for the 1st round. HUGE!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lots of exciting games on the schedule but I think that Haywood going for the all-time coaching wins record puts the Belfry @ Pike Central game on the top. How about broadcasting all 4 games and loaning everyone a split screen TV?
Well...
Perry and Harlan County are playing for the District Championship on Friday night.

I don't know if it will be a better game than the rest of these or not...
but I'll be traveling into the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky for that one Wink

I've not had good experiences there....
First time....perry loses in the last seconds.
Second time....head down looking for a great football game and see Bell County shut the Bears out.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You have to go with Belfry vs. Pike Central IMO. Haywood going for history, only one loss between the two teams, and an intra-county rivalry.

Harlan County vs. Bell will be the GOW next week as well.

the JC/Belfry game could be just as big as well,both games could both have only one loss between them, Bell/Harlan,Harlan looking to get over the hump,JC/Belfry,Belfry has lost the last two,maybe we can have 2 game of the weeks on pickems?
Johnson Central vs Ashland should be a dandy football game.
I voted for JC/Ashland, which I think has the potential to be the most entertaining game on the schedule but Ashland is not in the WYMT coverage area. The best game for their viewing area will probably be Knox v. Russell Co. The Harlan Co. v. PCC game may be the the top district seed but hardly anybody thinks that it will be a close game. Pike Co. Central had a much better shot at beating Belfry last season, IMO. I think that Belfry will win that match-up easily.
Knox Central (6-2) @ Russell County (7-1)
Johnson Central (7-1) @ Ashland (6-2)

Two closest games are these IMO. I would go with Knox and Russell County, but Russell County is not a Mountain team or in the WYMT coverage area.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Ashland and Jamestown/Russell Springs are not in the viewing area, so the cameras probably will not come out. Therefore, by default it probably goes to the Belfry game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry an Pcc should if its any thing like last 2 years it will be a full house with alot of excitement an a great football game.....Go Pirates
I think Perry/Harlan Co. or Leslie/PBurg both should be good games in my opinion.