Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Russell Co 10/21
Football1 Wrote:^Some can go both ways and it not have a big impact on 4th quarter performance and others can't. Of course we like to think we have chosen athletes to shoulder that responsibility who can keep their level of play high - but no way to prove that. Clearly, when we played PCC and it was 100 degrees on the field it was a factor in the game. We led for 3 quarters. As the heat has faded it has been no issue. But in a game like this where our secondary may be chasing the gazelle on a bunch of plays - it could.

I watched it online and Jeff was looking exhausted late in the 1st half. There's no way that any player can be as good playing both sides of the ball as they can if only focusing on one. However, that is the norm in High School. Line play is the biggest advantage, because if your lineman are playing both sides, you don't have the time or opportunity to make adjustments on side-changes. You have to do the best you can during breaks in the action and at half time.

50 hours till kickoff.............................:rockon:
Does anyone know a website online that i can catch the knox vs russell couny game? I wont be able to make the trip, so it will be greatly appreciated if someone can help me out. :please:
Can't wait for this game. KC will be too physical for RC IMHO.
laker20 Wrote:I watched it online and Jeff was looking exhausted late in the 1st half. There's no way that any player can be as good playing both sides of the ball as they can if only focusing on one. However, that is the norm in High School. Line play is the biggest advantage, because if your lineman are playing both sides, you don't have the time or opportunity to make adjustments on side-changes. You have to do the best you can during breaks in the action and at half time.

50 hours till kickoff.............................:rockon:
Playing both ways can suck for sure. But it also keeps your experienced and most talented guys on the field to help you find success. I'll take a tired J Canady over a fresh almost anybody...

This will be a blast. Panthers for President.
Football1 Wrote:Playing both ways can suck for sure. But it also keeps your experienced and most talented guys on the field to help you find success. I'll take a tired J Canady over a fresh almost anybody...

This will be a blast. Panthers for President.

I can't argue with that. I know he'll give it everything he has whether it's the first play or the last. It really should be a good time.......I'm going to slip out of work tomorrow so I can get there early. Cold, rain, who care's.........it's Friday night Football.
Ball security on offense and forcing turnovers on defense will be huge in this game as it is every game. So far this year the Panthers have forced a total of 15 turnovers on Defense (11 interceptions, 5 by Canady alone, and 4 fumble recoveries) that is an average of almost 2 per game. However, The Lakers have forced a total of 30 ( 15 interceptions and 15 fumble recoveries). I would be interested to see where these number rank in the state. There will be alot of good atheletes on both sides of the field Friday Night whoever makes more plays wins!!! 29hrs and 11 minutes to Kickoff!!!
Does anyone know where to catch this game at online? Or on local barborville cable in knox county?? please help
Russell Co. 29-28.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Ball security on offense and forcing turnovers on defense will be huge in this game as it is every game. So far this year the Panthers have forced a total of 15 turnovers on Defense (11 interceptions, 5 by Canady alone, and 4 fumble recoveries) that is an average of almost 2 per game. However, The Lakers have forced a total of 30 ( 15 interceptions and 15 fumble recoveries). I would be interested to see where these number rank in the state. There will be alot of good atheletes on both sides of the field Friday Night whoever makes more plays wins!!! 29hrs and 11 minutes to Kickoff!!!

I'd think both teams rank pretty high in creating turnovers, and it looks like the ball may be a bit slick come tomorrow night.

You know the rain and cool weather have got to be making an impact on the game plans for both teams. Both coaching staffs were already trying to figure out how to best play against an unfamiliar opponent and trying to anticipate what the other coach will do; now the weather conditions factor kicks in and may just limit some of the options that were considered.

Lakers for the Win....................Confusedinglepar
I think the rain really helps Knox Central, then again Russell County has the better rusher, then again Knox Central has the better line........GAH! this game is hard to predict!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I predict its going to be Russell I think they have good secondary to stop Knox passing
LWC Wrote:I think the rain really helps Knox Central, then again Russell County has the better rusher, then again Knox Central has the better line........GAH! this game is hard to predict!

I dont think its going to rain tomorrow.
rustyankle Wrote:I predict its going to be Russell I think they have good secondary to stop Knox passing
Its cool to see people talk about having to stop our passing attack. For all these years I thought our coaches feared it was an automatic 15 yard penalty to throw on 1st down... LOL.
no rain but still wet
kcgrad09 Wrote:Does anyone know where to catch this game at online? Or on local barborville cable in knox county?? please help

I don't know of anyone streaming this online. Our local company does a great job filming the games, but they don't release them online. If I hear of anything different I'll post it.
Knox
It's looking like it will be perfect football weather tonight. Should be around 52 degrees at kickoff and drop down to 45 or so by the end of the game. No wind, field may be a bit soft, but should actually be pretty dry from all of the wind yesterday and overnight.

Feed those Panthers well.....I for one, am going to have a bit of Mitchell's Chili with my pre-game hot dogs.

Go Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat the Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laker20 Wrote:It's looking like it will be perfect football weather tonight. Should be around 52 degrees at kickoff and drop down to 45 or so by the end of the game. No wind, field may be a bit soft, but should actually be pretty dry from all of the wind yesterday and overnight.

Feed those Panthers well.....I for one, am going to have a bit of Mitchell's Chili with my pre-game hot dogs.

Keep us posted tonight buddy I will be at the Rock-Clay game but be pulling for them Lakers tonight :1:
Will someone be posting live scores on the game tonight? This game has me very interested.
rustyankle Wrote:Keep us posted tonight buddy I will be at the Rock-Clay game but be pulling for them Lakers tonight :1:

Rebel55 Wrote:Will someone be posting live scores on the game tonight? This game has me very interested.

I'll try to post scores. Sometimes the data reception is slow at the field. I'll go ahead and start a thread so I can shortcut direct to it and it may help.
laker20 Wrote:I'll try to post scores. Sometimes the data reception is slow at the field. I'll go ahead and start a thread so I can shortcut direct to it and it may help.

Thanks Laker!

So the loser of this game is the 3rd. seed in playoffs?
Rebel55 Wrote:Thanks Laker!

So the loser of this game is the 3rd. seed in playoffs?

Yep, If KC Wins

1) KC
2) Rock
3) Russell Co
4) Clay Co

If Russell Co wins

1) Rock (w/ an extreme outside chance Russell Co)
2) Russell Co (see above)
3) KC
4) Clay Co
laker20 Wrote:It's looking like it will be perfect football weather tonight. Should be around 52 degrees at kickoff and drop down to 45 or so by the end of the game. No wind, field may be a bit soft, but should actually be pretty dry from all of the wind yesterday and overnight.

We have a long trip so you all may Beat us to the field - but that is the only thing we lose all night... LOL.

So, that's my poor attempt at talking smack. Not my game for sure.

Panthers bringing it!
Football1 Wrote:We have a long trip so you all may Beat us to the field - but that is the only thing we lose all night... LOL.

So, that's my poor attempt at talking smack. Not my game for sure.

Panthers bringing it!

At least the trip isn't as far as it will be to your 1st round playoff game in Danville.........:hilarious:

I'm going to send a few of the alum that live over this way to sit with the Panther Nation, they may not be safe in the middle of a bunch of Laker fans cheering for the wrong team.
laker20 Wrote:Yep, If KC Wins

1) KC
2) Rock
3) Russell Co
4) Clay Co

If Russell Co wins

1) Rock (w/ an extreme outside chance Russell Co)
2) Russell Co (see above)
3) KC
4) Clay Co

After Rock lost their chance to control their destiny, you couldn't ask for a better scenario. TongueirateSho

Go Russell County!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If anyone is willing to send me updates, I will give you my phone number to call or text them. Thanks in advance. BTW- I will PM or call and give the number, not on open forum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]