Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Legs in the State?
Just read online that a kicker from Nevada made a 64-yard field goal! That breaks the NFL record. Made me come to think what kickers have the best legs in the state? This includes field goals, kickoffs, and punts?
Davis from Johnson Central, 47 yards with extra to spare
Lucas Williams, Russell Co Junior, warms can hit from 55 w/ room to spare. Warms up pregame from 52 yards.
Zack Durham - Franklin County - Only a sophmore and is already kicking 55 yard feild goals, he also has more touchbacks on kickoff than anyone in the 5A district
The question is can any of these kids do it without the 2" kicking block. Because kicking a field goal off the ground like they do in college and pros is crazy hard. Kickers at that level don't get enough respect imo.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The question is can any of these kids do it without the 2" kicking block. Because kicking a field goal off the ground like they do in college and pros is crazy hard. Kickers at that level don't get enough respect imo.

The turf they kick from is almost like a block in bermuda grass.
Rhett "Golden Toes" Hughes from Rowan County has a huge boot. Most kickoffs he has go for touchbacks out the back of the endzone and even kicked the ball through the upright vs Southwestern after a penalty enforced on the kickoff. Last season he sealed the comeback win vs Greenup with a 48 yard field goal with less than 30 seconds remaining.
Magoffin has a pretty nice kicker. He does kickoffs and field goals. I don't really know what his longest field goal is, but I've seen him nail a 35 with a ton of room to spare. And he can kickoff to inside the 15 everytime and sometimes the 10
Can't believe no one mentioning Burgy-Vanhoose from Pikeville. Just check out the kicking videos Panther Thunder posted of him. He doesn't get a ton of chances to kick FG's for Pikeville though. And I would put his touchback percentage probably right around 95% of his kickoffs. Kid has a crazy good leg.
Here's a couple videos of Lucas Williams from Russell Co

Zack Burgy-Vanhoose hands down!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
laker20 Wrote:The turf they kick from is almost like a block in bermuda grass.

Not really Ik we had a lineman who would nail 50 yarders straight on with a block. Never got a chance in game though.
burgy-vanhoose has no accuracy what so ever
he just boots it and prays it goes in the remote location of the goal post

he does absolutly nail his kick off tho
Whitleys Seth Mccoy has decent length. Id say around 50-55 yards on a good day, but the thing that impresses me the most about him is his consistency
Vanhoose by far has the best leg I've seen. He put a kickoff through the goalposts at Belfry (If not, it was just short.)

Our kicker, G Duty, might not be D1 material but has wonderfully progressed in only two seasons of playing football.
Oops I thought this was about something else
The youngman from Beechwood (Nussbaum I believe) consistently kicks the ball thru the endzone on kickoffs and is also an excellent field goal kicker. Should be good enough to kick in college if he wishes.
Pikeville's Van Hoose for sure. He kicked off 4 times against us and all 4,I think,were through the endzone and 1 was through the uprights. Great kicker. Check him out on You Tube.
Pikeville's van hoose has the best leg ive in eastern ky i a few years i watch him hit a 60 yard field goal during warm ups at belfry...
Keaton Kennedy - North Laurel - Freshmen

Has hit 7 field goals and 4 in one game.

Not sure on his farthest kick but I saw a 45 yarder in a game.

Has any of these other kickers mentioned kicked in a game, everyone is saying what they can kick in pre-game but what have they done in a game?

Keaton also drives the ball into the endzone on kickoffs.
Hands down the kid from CovCath, Evan talkers vs highlands he had all Touch backs and one of them he had to rekick because of a penalty and his kick landed five yards into the endzone.
BEST LEGS===Sally Fields (frog)---Smokey and Bandit--YES SIR:1:
[YOUTUBE="Zack Burgy-Vanhoose #8 PHS"]PU-qkZMZuW8[/YOUTUBE]

Still raw. Hopefully, someone will realize the potential and take a chance on him. He has an incredible leg, just needs to fine tune some things. I'd say there are a few better pure kickers in KY, but ZBV, IMO, has the most upside.

I wish he would play something besides kicker. :biggrin: He is also the fastest player on the team and probably pound for pound, the strongest. Freak athlete.