Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP Rankings 9/26/11
^Hey thunder 44 are you bringin the thunder??
Brutal Truth Wrote:Other than 1A and 2A, I think the other classes are playing for runner-up barring a stunning upset. The number one ranked teams in 3,4,5 and 6A should all win their respective class.
If that is the case we should just call the season off for 3,4,5,6. Not, they are upset all the time in state finals. I remember when Breathitt was a 4 touchdown underdog to Fort Knox in 1996 and that won that game. It something about walking out the tunnel in state championship game and sometimes underdog teams play out of their minds in championship games. I know Central is good in 3a but I think a mountain team as shot at beating them. (as my granny use to say"don't count your chickens before they hatch")
Agree with ^. No member of this site would deny Central is the favorite and a significant favorite at that.

That said, Belfry and Breathitt both look much improved over last year's versions, and football is a strange game. What is to say Central doesn't lay the ball on the turf in the title game, or even in the semi's and get upset?

Nothing is set in stone IMO.
Thunder 44 Wrote:Well, then, there you have it!

I'm sure Highlands will see no need to make any changes to their game plan, if there comes another game against the Colonels, and with your keen observations, Cov Cath will walk all over Highlands at Highlands.:hilarious:
How many games had Highlands played before that game? They had how many weeks to fix the problem, but I guess they just figured that it wasn't worth the effort?

And it wasn't their game plan that they'd need to fix, it was the way their players played.

Good effort, though.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Bigblue#4 Wrote:If that is the case we should just call the season off for 3,4,5,6. Not, they are upset all the time in state finals. I remember when Breathitt was a 4 touchdown underdog to Fort Knox in 1996 and that won that game.
Who said that?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Agree with ^. No member of this site would deny Central is the favorite and a significant favorite at that.

That said, Belfry and Breathitt both look much improved over last year's versions, and football is a strange game. What is to say Central doesn't lay the ball on the turf in the title game, or even in the semi's and get upset?

I agree with you 110%! And not to take anything away from Central at all, you just never know what will happen out their
PaytoPlay Wrote:Agree with ^. No member of this site would deny Central is the favorite and a significant favorite at that.

Dont forget Bell will get a shot to knock them off before the state championships and a belfry or breathitt might be playing bell in bowling green.