Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turf Coming to Floyd County!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Paintsville had a chance to get it, but they called a no go and got some good Bermuda put down instead. It is alot better I personally hate turf, there is no fun involved in a rain game when there is no mud.

Magoffin also had a change to get turf and a brand new football complex several years back but they turned it down.. Which made no sense at all. Because our Facilities needed and still need some rennovations.
cougarpride08 Wrote:What info can you tell us about ...

Only thing that's been in the paper so far is $24 million, 750 student, 113,000 sq. ft..
Whoever says turf hurts is crazy, only bad part is when it rains and you have black rubber beads all over you and really hot days
BLUE turf for the bobcats please!!!! That'd make for the best stadium in high school in KY. The community I'd turning the corner towards football. Blue turf would make a great statement!!! Let's go FC push for the blue turf!!!!
^Blue turf would be awesome looking. But I highly doubt you'll see blue turf on the hill.
Epic Win for blue turf!!! I think that it may sound weird or quirky but blue turf would be something that would energize the kids and fans. The school, coaches, community should push for this. It costs the same and wouldn't be any different than green turf but I believe the impact would be huge. Look at Boise the got the blue turf and it's almost like a spark for their program. The Cats need this!!!
I thought SF was the newest floyd county school built? Why not push them all together? Prestonsburg would probably go ind.
Have you ever driven through Floyd county? The bus ride for some kids would be way too much. The current plan would work best and then to renovate or replace BLHS. It's old and needs to be fixed. Oh and if I haven't mentioned blur turf. Lol
launchpad4 Wrote:Have you ever driven through Floyd county? The bus ride for some kids would be way too much. The current plan would work best and then to renovate or replace BLHS. It's old and needs to be fixed. Oh and if I haven't mentioned blur turf. Lol

It's not that bad. Round trip from BL-AC-SF would be about 43 minuets according to google maps. Take that into consideration and compare it to East Ridge which is a 57 minuet drive, so it could be worse.. Building a new school would be most beneficial in all aspects.
You have to stop and pick kids up. The bus just doesn't make a round trip empty.
That was the point. If East Ridge covers more area, why couldn't this 3 school Floyd Co. Central do it?
Because it would be more kids, more stops and to be honest I don't think anyone wants that. A three school county makes the most sense. Plus you can't go independent anymore it's against the law in KY. FYI.
No way a school bus could cover the area from BL AC and SF in 45 minutes, Google maps must be on crack
As for the turf Pburg has needed it bad for years, should have been put down when they got the new stadium. Too many games played on that field for grass to last. I hope this rumor is true it would be good for both schools
Real Badman Wrote:It's not that bad. Round trip from BL-AC-SF would be about 43 minuets according to google maps. Take that into consideration and compare it to East Ridge which is a 57 minuet drive, so it could be worse.. Building a new school would be most beneficial in all aspects.

I dont care what Google says, if you can make that trip in 43 minutes i'm not riding with you LOL. Its close to 45 minutes from BL to SF alone.
should be "floyd central fleas"
colors be brown and white lmao and on the helmets have antinas like bugs