Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville 24 Kentucky 17
HawksRule Wrote:I agree with you and you bring some good points. The only problem is Joker, I believe the talent is there for this team to win ball games. The Defense is decent right now, but they are not good. Danny Trevathan needs to step up into a leadership role. They need to build the defense around him. This Defense is having trouble stopping the run game, and we all know the SEC is mostly down your throat run teams. The Offensive problems revolves around the O-Line. Newton was feeling some heat off the Louisville D-Line,and another thing we all know the SEC has some of the best D-lineman. This team needs to just play ball games and find their niche.

That is why I said that they have to do it themselves. The university doesn't care if this team wins. I love UK basketball as much as the next guy but I am a football fan first. And I love my cats period. My oldest Brother played football at uk. And I have been raised to love it, That is why the way the university does this football program kills me.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The last time Louisville beat us we went 4-4 in the SEC went to a bowl game and beat the shit out of clemson. That was a good team.

If this team wants to win they have to have a leader come forward call an end to the bullshit and say if we are losing we are gonna beat them to death in the process. Like Woodyard, Woodson, etc did in 06. That team did win in the sec they beat Georgia, Ole Miss, Mississippi state, and vady. But in the process got beat to death by louisville, and almost got beat by louisiana monroe, and central michigan. Anyone that thinks we are going to get blown out by all these SEC teams knows nothing of college football we actually have a good defense, If we didnt we would have lost by 5 td's to louisville and that will carry us alot farther than you guys realise. There is still hope for this team. But there the ones who have to do it. We have been in this EXACT spot before and last time we came out better than Kentucky football has been in 20 years. Everyone hated Andre Woodson before the turnaround, and Everybody hated Rich Brooks. Get behind them and quit being Dellusional enough to think we are gonna get a John Calipari for football because it will not happen. UK does not care one bit about the football team, they never have and they never will. Even if one wanted to come the university wouldn't pay for it. The athletic department had to get private interests to pay for scoreboards, Because the Official policy of Adolph Rupp University is and I quote "F*ck Football".
Your forgetting one important thing, Rich Brooks and the fact that he had been a coach for 20 years or more. When a guy can land a NFL Head coaching job you can bet that he knows his stuff. Joker on the other hand is a GREEN head coach. UF is loaded and hungry with one the best D-minds in College coaching them, LSU will line up in the I and runover UK. SC will be pissed about last year and make a example out of UK, Latamore runs for 250yds. Geogia and OLE Miss will both be desprerate teams fighting and scratching to save there head Coachs jobs. Miss St is just bigger stronger and better Coached. UT's QB looks to be a future star and UK has not beat them since I was riding a Big wheel. That leaves Vandy who looks to be much better coached team! Its great that you see the glass as half-full, I hope you are 100% right but honestly you are dreaming. It starts with the O-line, they are pitiful, hiring Sanders was a political move. Even last yrs line was nothing close to the line Heggins put on the feild. There is no exsplosive WR like a COBB or Stevie Johnson one this team. Maybe the D is better than last yrs unit but its made of to 2 "project" DEs and a bunch of undersized Linebackers with 2 walk-ons are listed as starters. Plus the SEC is much stronger now then it was in 06'. Hiring Joker as Head Coach of a SEC football team is a JOKE! UK don't have to hire a big name coach just someone that has been a head coach in Major College Football before a guy like Terry Bowden comes to my mind. He is a good coach that won in the SEC and can recruit and is still coaching!
go uk
Our D-line is weak (got whipped badly) our O-line is really weak (got embarrassed) our RB's are less than mediocre, our WR's are PITIFUL and our QB cant play a Lick?? And Joker is the leader of this complete Joke of an SEC team? it is hard to believe that Joker and staff would run a kid off that actually is a QB talent (Mosakowski) and have the nerve to try to compete in the SEC for the next 2 years with Newton at QB??? The one guy that said we have no play makers hit the nail on the head!!! No play makers along with a poor line is a formula for disater in college football and JOKER PHILLIPS is the one that put this RIDICULOUS team together!! With him coaching UK we have NO SHOT at being at least a respectable, entertaining team to watch and support!!!
vundy33 Wrote:lol, we lost to a BCS conference team...not Eastern Kentucky. And now we're talking about a mid-season loss to Jacksonville St? And going winless for the rest of the season?

I disagree.

ouch
Morgan Newton is a good QB im sure it is hard to play in a rivalry game getting put in the dirt every play and with your receivers dropping every pass.
Not a big deal but saw Crazy Horse on tv at the start of the 3rd. front row of the student section.

UK season looks grim :/
This makes me so sad. Sad