Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 33 Clay County 32
A good one
It was called on here first(by several). Whitley wins on a 24 yard field goal with 5 seconds left
Congrats to Whitley Co. Glad to see these young men get a W under the belt.
Congrats Whitley! Sounds like a good game.
Good to see Whitley rebound.
Good Win for Whitley.

Even though the Tigers lost, I'm glad they are showing heart and doing better.
Two teams rebuilding that really wanted this win.
Too bad only one team could win it...
Looks like they both fought hard.
One of the most entertaining games I have seen, both teams left it on the feild, got to love Friday night football.
Gongrats Whitley Co.
Does anyone have the stats on this one? What a game by #9 of Clay and #44 of Whitley.Confusedinglepar
Congrats Whitley!
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Does anyone have the stats on this one? What a game by #9 of Clay and #44 of Whitley.Confusedinglepar
I didnt get to hear all the final stats, but Bryant (#44) for Whitley had around 170 yards rushing and the ysidro kid (the quarterback) had around 100.

With a few mins left in the fourth the radio said Clay had 391 yards passing. I'm sure that got a few more there at the end of the game.
Awesome game, had to be a nailbiter
colonel4life Wrote:It was called on here first(by several). Whitley wins on a 24 yard field goal with 5 seconds left

I guess the statements made by a few who didnt think Whitley should have kicked the football against Rock instead of trying to score hopefully realize that same kicker won the game tonight. He may be the best kicker ive seen at Whitley in a very long time.
It was a heck of a football game.
Bryant was his usual self getting a lot of yards and pounding away at Whitley fullback oriented offense.
I think Whitley showed some imporvement tonight, hey, a win is a win. But, i wasnt pleased at all with the performance of our defensive secondary. They completely threw all over us. I wouldnt be surprised to see every team from here on out try to throw it on us. We got a lot of improvement to do and more importantly a lot of growing up to do because things arent going to get any easier as the season progresses.
Congrats boys on your first win. You earned this one.
I guess the 250 to 300 yards in penalties against Clay and the bogus fumble on the one yard line did not help or the illegal procedure on Clay on the critical 2 point conversion when line had not even gotten in a stance yet. I am sure Whitley has some complaints also. Those guys should not be allowed to officiate a pee wee league game. They should be ashamed of themselves. Most of them were to fat to be in postion to make the calls. I believe the refs had more to do with the outcome than the kids on the field. The Whitley kicker did make an impressive kick for the win. Sorry for venting.
Great game, both teams still have along way to go before they can make a run in the playoffs. Maybe even make the playoffs. very exciting game.
Winning off a 24 yd field goal in high school? That's unheard of!! Awesome

Congrats WC
RIUTG, I was one that questioned the call against RCHS, when I was told how good the kicker was and how they were out of scoring position, I didn't mind. I was assuming it was like a 20 yard FG, and I was saying why not take a shot at the end zone?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:RIUTG, I was one that questioned the call against RCHS, when I was told how good the kicker was and how they were out of scoring position, I didn't mind. I was assuming it was like a 20 yard FG, and I was saying why not take a shot at the end zone?

I know, i was just playin with you. I even remembered it was you but didnt name names lol.
In all honesty i dont know that ive seen a kicker this good come out of Whitley.
Not as consistent as him anyways.
But id take a good offense over a good kicker any day lol.
Congrats Whitley....sounds like a heck of a game!
UKSDG Wrote:I guess the 250 to 300 yards in penalties against Clay and the bogus fumble on the one yard line did not help or the illegal procedure on Clay on the critical 2 point conversion when line had not even gotten in a stance yet. I am sure Whitley has some complaints also. Those guys should not be allowed to officiate a pee wee league game. They should be ashamed of themselves. Most of them were to fat to be in postion to make the calls. I believe the refs had more to do with the outcome than the kids on the field. The Whitley kicker did make an impressive kick for the win. Sorry for venting.
Clay's offense is coming along well. The defense still can't stop anybody. For some reason Clay has ZERO kicking game. The refs may not have had what most of us would call a good game, but they had nothing to do with the Whitley win or the Clay loss. IMO Clay has good team speed, strength and size. Something they seem to lack is numbers and discipline. Clay took "themselves" out of the game by committing silly un sportsman like and personal fouls. IMO clay had better personnel, but lacked disciple from leadership. Just calling it like I see it.
UKSDG Wrote:I guess the 250 to 300 yards in penalties against Clay and the bogus fumble on the one yard line did not help or the illegal procedure on Clay on the critical 2 point conversion when line had not even gotten in a stance yet. I am sure Whitley has some complaints also. Those guys should not be allowed to officiate a pee wee league game. They should be ashamed of themselves. Most of them were to fat to be in postion to make the calls. I believe the refs had more to do with the outcome than the kids on the field. The Whitley kicker did make an impressive kick for the win. Sorry for venting.

It was questionable on both sides, but thats football. Everyone knows you have to be 14 points better when you go on the road.
However i dont think it had anything to do with the outcome of the game.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:One of the most entertaining games I have seen, both teams left it on the feild, got to love Friday night football.

That it was.
Whitley scored with about 2 minutes left as they ran the ball in and Whitley took the lead. Then on the kickoff, Clay runs it back and scores to go back up and with a minute left whitley powers the ball down field and sets up a nice field goal.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Clay's offense is coming along well. The defense still can't stop anybody. For some reason Clay has ZERO kicking game. The refs may not have had what most of us would call a good game, but they had nothing to do with the Whitley win or the Clay loss. IMO Clay has good team speed, strength and size. Something they seem to lack is numbers and discipline. Clay took "themselves" out of the game by committing silly un sportsman like and personal fouls. IMO clay had better personnel, but lacked disciple from leadership. Just calling it like I see it.

:closeenough:
I pretty much agree with this. The officiating was terrible both ways. However, Clay did not play with very much sportsmanship. They shot themselves in the foot several time with those. IMO Clay was fortunate that they didn't have a couple of kids ejected from the game.
I was impressed with #9 for Clay he has very good hands.
I thought that this was a great game to watch from a fans standpoint. Whitley's rushing defense was just shy of a rock wall but their pass defense was kin to a sieve although it got better as the game went on. Clay has some great athletes, #9 and #61 were great, but Whitley countered with some great team play. The officials were just about average for SEKY. I thought they missed some calls on both sides of the ball, but had no impact on the outcome of the game. Clay had numerous personal fouls and late hits which cost them field position and gave Whitley an advantage. Clay did not have over 200 yards in penalties, and although they had more I thought Whitley's penalties were much tougher for them to overcome. Bryant and Esidro were the keys to Whitley winning but the Coy kid and his ability to kick FGs and PATs is weapon that makes them dangerous in close games, and to think this is only his second year every playing, looking forward to seeing what he can do as he gets better as a senior.

This is the type of game that turn a season around for the winner and kill a season for the loser.
^ Welcome to the site.
Good points.
Glad to see Whitley finally get a win after the gaunlet that they have gone through so far this season!!

Congrats Colonels!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON