• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan Co. 59, Southwestern 51
Rowan wins in a high-scoring affair.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
110??? Wow!
congrats to RC another lose on my pickem..(
DEFENSIVE STRUGGLE====:gtfo:
Wow.....they must have just left the offensive teams on the field all night and gave the defense the night off.
rowans defense looked good in the fist half but the second half was not very good they gave up 30 some points in it.
Rowan was FLAT in the second half ( well D was) after a dominating first half, SW came out in the second and just ground it out. The 1st drive of 2nd half they drove down the field taking about 6 minutes off of the clock to score. SW down one score with a minute to go, didn't onside kick. Don't understand why not but Rowan just took two knees ang game was over.

This was a FUN game to watch.
Rowan is just putting up insane numbers on the scoreboard and playing zero D at all.
but a win is a win
I was at the game tonight and Southwestern's defense looked absolutely horrible in the first half! Rowan's RB Stephen Williamson ran for 4 TD's in the first half alone, if I am not mistaken and I was told by someone in the press box that he had somewhere in the range of 400 yds rushing in this game!

The score was 45-21 at halftime and then in the 2nd half it seemed like Rowan had started their buses a little earlier as Southwestern played an almost perfect 2nd Half capitalizing on any mistake by Rowan but, it was just too little too late for the Warriors.

[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/kljpa...6xy35t.jpg]

The Warriors setting up on offense.

[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/ocv3e...zi7zp6.jpg]

Rob Lewis(52) on the O-Line and RB Jordan Maggard pictured in this one.

[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/z4sox...myj149.jpg]

Vikings in the huddle on defense. Pictured are DB T.J. Adkins(81), LB Stephen Williamson(28), and DB Justin Graham(7).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Sorry about the massive pics guys! I tried to remove them but my computer froze and I could not edit the post in the 15 minute timeframe!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[quote=Jumper Dad] SW down one score with a minute to go, didn't onside kick. Don't understand why not but Rowan just took two knees ang game was over.

Spencer still around??????:biggrin::biggrin:
[QUOTE]
This was a very exciting game to watch. If you like offense, then this was the game for you.
Turnovers just killed the Warriors. If they had held onto the ball they could have won this game. The end of game mismanagement by the Warrior staff didn't help any. Not only not calling an onside kick after recovering 2 but the wrong call was made on when to go for 2.
WOW....Copleys 3-5 is awesome.....lol
highschoolfan Wrote:DEFENSIVE STRUGGLE====:gtfo:

That's what I was thinking.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Turnovers just killed the Warriors. If they had held onto the ball they could have won this game. The end of game mismanagement by the Warrior staff didn't help any. Not only not calling an onside kick after recovering 2 but the wrong call was made on when to go for 2.
On the last kick-off Rowen had everyone up.. the kick was supposed to be a pop-up over the line and allow streakers to shot past the line to recover the kick... Just didn't work out..
Cammando Wrote:On the last kick-off Rowen had everyone up.. the kick was supposed to be a pop-up over the line and allow streakers to shot past the line to recover the kick... Just didn't work out..

What about when they were down 15, scored a touchdown and went for 2? I know they needed 2 at some point but by going for it then and not getting it they took a lot of pressure of Rowan who knew they could just run it and not worry about trying to get a first down since they would still be up 2 scores. If they kick the XP then Rowan would have played offense since SW could have tied it with one possession. Either way it probably wouldn't have mattered but it did hamstring them. Regardless, it was a nice effort to get back in the game and hopefully it will be what gets the Warriors going. They can still win the district.
curious to see how rowan D does rest of the year...
[quote=CAN'T GET RIGHT][quote=Jumper Dad] SW down one score with a minute to go, didn't onside kick. Don't understand why not but Rowan just took two knees ang game was over.

Quote:

No, I think he is having his own choke job at Henry Co.
Rowan County needs to learn to shut teams out.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:[quote=CAN'T GET RIGHT][quote=Jumper Dad] SW down one score with a minute to go, didn't onside kick. Don't understand why not but Rowan just took two knees ang game was over.

No, I think he is having his own choke job at Henry Co.

LOL!! Glad to see you back on BGR!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rowan's D still has a lot to prove to accompany their O, but I think they can turn into a solid defense.
leecoukfan Wrote:[quote=Captain Backdoor][quote=CAN'T GET RIGHT]

LOL!! Glad to see you back on BGR!

I've just been busy and havent had time to get on, and I am still highly pi$$ed off about the things we discussed a while back....
fun game to watch