Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrard Co 40 Clay Co 38
Garrard stops the 2 point conversion in the fourth overtime. Heck of a game to listen too.

This has to be an upset in my mind.
Wow!
Ouch, tough loss for Kenny Roark. I'll be rooting for Clay to go all the way this year. Kenny's a good guy, just needed a break from coaching to get his mind right.
wow congrats to GC
WOW!!!!! I am impressed by the Lions!! Did not expect this at all! Congrats Garrard!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Saw the highlights from this one on Sports OT and the Lions O-Line looks pretty good this year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
4 OTs in week one.

Does anyone know the record for OT games in KY? I checked KHSAA.ORG but could not find a record for overtime periods.
^ More than 4. CCHS has done it twice in the past 2 seasons
Clay Co. 0 0 8 16 14 38
Garrard Co. 8 8 0 8 16 40

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1VZ6c6j9J
Stardust Wrote:^ More than 4. CCHS has done it twice in the past 2 seasons

Four OT's in one game twice in two seasons is incredible.

And here I thought that 4 ot's were very rare.

BTW, which CCHS was that?
Best of luck to the CCHS Tigers!
I was at the game with my boys. I thought Clay had it in the bag when they were driving toward a touchdown to break the 16 all tie. But Garrard pulled it out of the fire. Congrats to Coach Mark Scenters. Hayes(#1) is a heck of a player as is Wilson. Good luck to Garrard on the rest of the season.
papagrit, didn't Madison Southern interview him for their coaching position at one point, or was he on staff or have I totally lost my mind. It seems like he is connected to Berea or Madison Southern in some way.
papagrit Wrote:I was at the game with my boys. I thought Clay had it in the bag when they were driving toward a touchdown to break the 16 all tie. But Garrard pulled it out of the fire. Congrats to Coach Mark Scenters. Hayes(#1) is a heck of a player as is Wilson. Good luck to Garrard on the rest of the season.
Glad you got to cover this one. What was your take on Clay's line play?
LWC Wrote:papagrit, didn't Madison Southern interview him for their coaching position at one point, or was he on staff or have I totally lost my mind. It seems like he is connected to Berea or Madison Southern in some way.

Yeah, he does have ties. MS interviewed him for the job that they handed to the coach that was there(at MS) last year and the two years before that...or three. Anyway, he started his coaching career as a middle school assistant at Berea while he worked with me at a factory in Berea. Tried to talk me into coming on board as an assistant there with him a couple of times as I played football with the head coach back in the eighties and I have a college degree. He was a great kid and I would put him up to mischief at work every now and then. He was on full time with us(making decent money...especially for a young man) and decided to go back to school to get his teaching degree and coach football. Graduated at EKU and started teaching while being an assistant at Madison Central if I remember correctly. Was an up and comer and applied for the job at Garrard as well as Southern. He had graduated from Southern, but, they went with the other guy and Garrard wanted him. He is still a great "kid" to me and I enjoy talking to him every so often. Garrard is lucky to get him for a job that doesn't really get a lot of fringe benefits in my opinion. They still have to travel to the old school to play games because they haven't built new fields for baseball or football. I think they do the same for basketball as well. The last really good coach they(Garrard) had before Mark was a guy named Jerry Perry in the 90's if I remember.
Football1 Wrote:Glad you got to cover this one. What was your take on Clay's line play?

Big ol' cornfedboys.....
papagrit Wrote:Big ol' cornfedboys.....

To bad that dont win ball games or the mountain teams would dominate every year.
I hate this whole speed thing...
Well I didnt see this coming..Good win for Garrard.
Thanks for the thread and especially the OL compliment. We are going
to be small on the OL and this whole season will be an uphill battle. But,
we plan on it being excting on both sides of the ball. Thanks again and
glad we were able to surprise some of you. :Thumbs:
Looks like a LONG year for the Tigers. May be their worst record in quite a few years.