Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox, Williamsburg, Clay & Lynn Camp
How did these teams look in the Grid last night, I wasn't able to get over to watch it. Who was the best team over there to those who watched both contest.
I would also like to know. There wasnt anything in the paper about it today.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would also like to know. There wasnt anything in the paper about it today.

Knox and Williamsburg showed nothing on offense except spread--they both looked very content with just having a glorified passing scrimage. I would say this was due to the fact Williamsburg and Lynn Camp are district rivals and now so are Clay and knox. KNOX defense looks real good. Williamsburg will win their district. Clay looked good at times but hard to tell going against the smaller Lynn Camp. They also ran the clock --no score board--the field was soaked--not a very good host --Lynn Camp. I know clay, Knox and williamsburg just glad to get out of there.:ChairHit:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would also like to know. There wasnt anything in the paper about it today.

Knox Central---disapointed,did not score until the 3rd string was in and last
play of the game. Even if it looked like a passing scrimmage
with Canada and a senior qb you should have to put it in the
end zone at least once. Knox had it on the 1 yardline and
had a chance at the end of the first half but was stuffed
on the line of scrimmage. My friend from Knox was so upset
he left at half time.

Williamsburg----Suprisingly good on the defensive side of the ball. Williamsburg
nor Knox scored in the first half and both offenses struggled.
Dalton Sizemore scored Williamsburg only touchdown and
moved the ball well on his only series at the beginning of
the 2nd half

Clay County---- Was hard to tell much about them as they dominated a
smaller Lynn Camp team. Overall I was impressed with Clays
line Hyde is a beast and Coach Roark pulled him on a
couple of plays and he punished the defenders on the ends.
McGeorge played qb has not played football in a couple
years but looked pretty good
Dezarn who has gotten a lot bigger ran the ball well.
Clay will be more competitve this year than you think

Lynn Camp-----small physically but plays very emotional, not
to many bright spots against Clay.They had a
kid punting the ball in warm-ups on their own
45 into the endzone was impressive would like to know
this kids name
T1up Wrote:Knox Central---disapointed,did not score until the 3rd string was in and last
he left at half time.

Williamsburg----Suprisingly good on the defensive side of the ball. Williamsburg
the 2nd half

this kids name

The way you talked about KC is dissapointing. They should have handled Wburg with relative ease. While i know its a scrimmage and they wont show to much, they still should have knocked it out of the park playing Wburg. I made it clear on my rankings that Wburg would be much better and improved from last year and from the sounds of it there heading in the right direction. Did Sizemore start for Wburg or was he just in the game in the second half. I expected the Logan kid to start but with a transfer like Sizemore, it would be hard not to choose him.
:lmao:
T1up Wrote:Knox Central---disapointed,did not score until the 3rd string was in and last
he left at half time.

the 2nd half

this kids name
Williamsburg sounds like they may have the best defensive team they have had in years to be able to hold Knox down.
KNOX did not look impressive at all. However, they only ran the ball a couple of plays. I believe that they gained 22yrds on those two plays. If they had ran the ball more probably would have scored once or twice. (IMHO). Had a few starters out due to injuries and sickness. KNOX played there JV the whole 2nd half. that was the only time anyone scored. They have a bit to go. I believe that they will get there. To be as young as they are Williamsburg did impress me.
Dragonsdad Wrote::lmao:Williamsburg sounds like they may have the best defensive team they have had in years to be able to hold Knox down.

To clear this up Williamsburg looked good---but lets be real KNOX only ran the ball three times and the Canady Kid had two carries for 20 plus yards and only one rec. for about 30--the new kid from SL had two rec. for about 35 yds and that is all those two playmakers touched the ball. As I said in my previous post no scoreboard --BAD SOAKED field---running clock--Williamsburg only wanting JV second half--no wonder Knox and Clay and Williamsburg wanted this over--BAD HOST SCHOOL LYNN CAMP:please:
I remember on here last year when Harlan County fans were saying that they only ran two different plays and did not show much offensively or defensively against Knox. They got absolutely hammered for those statement. Funny.
Dragonsdad Wrote::lmao:Williamsburg sounds like they may have the best defensive team they have had in years to be able to hold Knox down.
I don't know where that smiley face LMAO came from that was on my post. I was serious when I said Williamsburg looked good. I appologize for that. I have alot of respect for the Williamsburg program.
highschoolfan Wrote:To clear this up Williamsburg looked good---but lets be real KNOX only ran the ball three times and the Canady Kid had two carries for 20 plus yards and only one rec. for about 30--the new kid from SL had two rec. for about 35 yds and that is all those two playmakers touched the ball. As I said in my previous post no scoreboard --BAD SOAKED field---running clock--Williamsburg only wanting JV second half--no wonder Knox and Clay and Williamsburg wanted this over--BAD HOST SCHOOL LYNN CAMP:please:

Bad host or not,Knox should have scored at will against Williamsburg. My hats off to the Yellowjackets.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Bad host or not,Knox should have scored at will against Williamsburg. My hats off to the Yellowjackets.
Nobody is taking anything from Wburg. They did well. Knox used the scrimmage for what it was intended. To experiment, move things around, and see what needs re-worked. Wburg did a fine job.
I know your not Football1. Sometimes we put to much into the outcome of a glorified scimmage. With all the water on the field i'd say the teams were worried about injuries and it's too close to season for that.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I know your not Football1. Sometimes we put to much into the outcome of a glorified scimmage. With all the water on the field i'd say the teams were worried about injuries and it's too close to season for that.

Thank you .......:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Williamsburg is a good looking team. Hard-nosed kids that really get after it. They have a nice bunch up front, 2 really good tackles. I think the original quarterback got hurt maybe and thats why he didn't start?
I was told that Knox played their starters very sparingly and some not at all.

Williamsburg will be a pretty good class A team, will have a hard time competing with teams as good as Knox Co in the regular season.
Just looking forward to Friday night. Seeing that article in the paper about how "Wburg held their own with Knox" should inspire the likes of Grubb, Canady, Diamond, Barger, and crew to ensure the friends from TN get to enjoy a long ride home.
Football1 Wrote:Just looking forward to Friday night. Seeing that article in the paper about how "Wburg held their own with Knox" should inspire the likes of Grubb, Canady, Diamond, Barger, and crew to ensure the friends from TN get to enjoy a long ride home.

The team Knox is playing this friday is very very weak, the water boys from Knox should get at least one qtr of action in this one...........We are talking Lancaster Christian Academy from Smyrna, Tn. is that right???
the kids name is ryan donley he is #10
mountain_music Wrote:The team Knox is playing this friday is very very weak, the water boys from Knox should get at least one qtr of action in this one...........We are talking Lancaster Christian Academy from Smyrna, Tn. is that right???
I know nothing about them but what was on their website. They had 3 kids get full rides last year. Not sure if any mountain teams can boast that. They travel extensively for games. They only list 30 players. We will see.