Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Moss Retires
Randy Moss retires from the NFL after 13 seasons.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/682392...touchdowns
I see him missing training camp, then return from retirement. 13 years, who needs training camp???
Brett Favre has ruined believing someone is retiring. I don't think for a second he is retiring.
He will be back. First team to call with enough money, he will come crawling back.
Jarons Wrote:He will be back. First team to call with enough money, he will come crawling back.

I hope he does come back and gets a Superbowl win.
Westside Wrote:I hope he does come back and gets a Superbowl win.

ZERO Super Bowl rings
ZERO Bowl wins
ZERO wins over West Virginia
ZERO degrees from Marshall

A true "Son of Marshall" err "Rand University."
He'll be back.
Hopefully as a Patriot Wink
^ Maybe the Bengals to see his kids more often
He may as well come to Washington and give it a shot....lol.

Everyone else has...Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I can't stand Moss.

I hope he stays retired.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:ZERO Super Bowl rings
ZERO Bowl wins
ZERO wins over West Virginia
ZERO degrees from Marshall

A true "Son of Marshall" err "Rand University."

if im not mistaken i believe randy moss helped Brady and Welker win the superbowl for the patriots in 2001,2002,2003 as for wins against West Virgina maybe he didnt or the fact he didnt graduate point of the matter is if he is retired for good he is a great reciever a soon to be Hall Of Famer a great player to football everywhere so how u hate on the Moss Boss ...
^ ???? hunh???

2001 Ravens 31 - Giants 7
2002 Patriots 20 - Rams 17 (Randy Moss was NOT a member of the Patriots, Terry Glenn was their top receiver)
2003 Buccaneers 48 - Raiders 21

Wes Welker was not even a pro until 2004
I think as soon as someone gets hurt on a good team Moss will be back.... mid-season.
Stardust Wrote:^ Maybe the Bengals to see his kids more often
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if The Bengals made an offer or Coach Lewis is done with WR issues
^ well, they did re-sign Benson. So it tells me they are still OK with problem childs
If an opportunity presents itself for Moss to play with one of the premier QBs in the league like Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc, he'll be back.
LClion4life Wrote:If an opportunity presents itself for Moss to play with one of the premier QBs in the league like Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc, he'll be back.

He already turned down a 1 year deal with the Patriots
Maybe there's some bad blood there from them dealing him away. If he can go to another contender with a good QB, he'll be back.
I definently see somebody picking Moss up within a month or two.
DukeFan4life Wrote:if im not mistaken i believe randy moss helped Brady and Welker win the superbowl for the patriots in 2001,2002,2003 as for wins against West Virgina maybe he didnt or the fact he didnt graduate point of the matter is if he is retired for good he is a great reciever a soon to be Hall Of Famer a great player to football everywhere so how u hate on the Moss Boss ...

He is an instate product that did not play his college ball at WVU. He was supposed to go to Notre Dame, but Holtz pulled his scholarship after a fight he had that almost killed a kid on the final few days of his Senior year of HS at DuPont High. Then Bowden pulled Moss' schollarship after he confessed he smokes a little weed. Moss then enrolled at Marshall while they were still 1AA. Marshall moves up to 1A in the fall of 97. Marshall's first game as 1A is vs WVU in Morgantown. WVU wins 42-31 after Marshall was up 31-28 at the start of the 4th quarter. Marshall had Pennington and Moss. WVU had Marc Bulger. That was probably one of WVU's worst teams of the 1990's, and we still beat Marshall.
DukeFan4life Wrote:if im not mistaken i believe randy moss helped Brady and Welker win the superbowl for the patriots in 2001,2002,2003 as for wins against West Virgina maybe he didnt or the fact he didnt graduate point of the matter is if he is retired for good he is a great reciever a soon to be Hall Of Famer a great player to football everywhere so how u hate on the Moss Boss ...

You are obviously a route for who's winning kind of person and have no facts or info of what has actually happened. Moss was in Minnesota for all of the Vikings Super Bowl Rings.

Wes Welker became a Patriot in 07, SO if i was you i would get a little information on your Current favorite teams and PLayers.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:He is an instate product that did not play his college ball at WVU. He was supposed to go to Notre Dame, but Holtz pulled his scholarship after a fight he had that almost killed a kid on the final few days of his Senior year of HS at DuPont High. Then Bowden pulled Moss' schollarship after he confessed he smokes a little weed. Moss then enrolled at Marshall while they were still 1AA. Marshall moves up to 1A in the fall of 97. Marshall's first game as 1A is vs WVU in Morgantown. WVU wins 42-31 after Marshall was up 31-28 at the start of the 4th quarter. Marshall had Pennington and Moss. WVU had Marc Bulger. That was probably one of WVU's worst teams of the 1990's, and we still beat Marshall.

YOu should be so proud that a Huge University can take Down Marshall.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:He is an instate product that did not play his college ball at WVU. He was supposed to go to Notre Dame, but Holtz pulled his scholarship after a fight he had that almost killed a kid on the final few days of his Senior year of HS at DuPont High. Then Bowden pulled Moss' schollarship after he confessed he smokes a little weed. Moss then enrolled at Marshall while they were still 1AA. Marshall moves up to 1A in the fall of 97. Marshall's first game as 1A is vs WVU in Morgantown. WVU wins 42-31 after Marshall was up 31-28 at the start of the 4th quarter. Marshall had Pennington and Moss. WVU had Marc Bulger. That was probably one of WVU's worst teams of the 1990's, and we still beat Marshall.

Randy has accomplished more in his career than ANY Mountaineer WR to ever suit up.
Randy Moss quotes:

"Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me?"

"When you're rich you don't write checks."

"Straight cash, homey"

When asked...."What's under the helmet?"
"I'll tell you what's under it, playa, ... The best receiver in the game."

"84 dont stretch on game day, I wake up ready"

"I came out of the womb ready"
Moss Timeline of antics up until 2005

1995 - After signing a letter of intent to play his college football at Notre Dame, Moss took part in a racially-motivated fight at his high school in Belle, West Virginia. Moss pled guilty to battery and received probation and a 30-day suspended jail sentence. Because of the incident, Notre Dame revoked his scholarship.

1996 - While serving a 30-day jail sentence related to the previous incident, Moss tested positive for marijuana, violating his probation. He was released from the Florida State football program and served 60 extra days in jail for the probation violation.

2000 - In January, Moss was fined $25,000 for squirting an official with a water bottle. In November he was fined another $25,000 for touching an official.

2001 - Moss was fined $15,000 by the Vikings and required to receive anger management counseling for verbally abusing corporate sponsors on the team bus following a loss in November.

2001 - When questioned about his propensity to take plays off at times, Moss caused a stir by telling a Minneapolis newspaper columnist that he simply plays when he wants to play.

2002 - Moss was arrested after an incident in downtown Minneapolis in which he bumped a traffic control officer with his car, knocking her to the ground. He was ordered to pay a $1,200 fine and perform 40 hours of community service. Marijuana was allegedly found in his vehicle as well, but charges were later dropped.

2003 - The NFL fined Moss $5,000 for his role in a fight with the Chicago Bears during a September game. In November, he was fined another $5,000 for spiking a ball at the foot of Detroit Lions cornerback Dre' Bly.

2004 - Moss was fined $10,000 by the NFL after an end-zone celebration in which he pretended to pull down his pants and "moon" Green Bay Packers fans.

2004 - Moss also made negative news in 2004 for leaving the field with two seconds left in a loss to the Washington Redskins. Team leaders Matt Birk and Daunte Culpepper confronted Moss in the locker room after the game.

2005 - During HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel", Moss caused a bit of an uproar when he admitted he "might" still partake in the use of marijuana once "every blue moon".
zaga_fan Wrote:Randy has accomplished more in his career than ANY Mountaineer WR to ever suit up.

Moss could not even carry Chris Henry's jock.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Moss could not even carry Chris Henry's jock.

Yep there's one to compare him to. He isn't even above ground! There aren't hardly any WRs that ever played the game to compare his talents to. Let alone a WVU WR! :please: Try preaching that sermon somewhere else!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Chris Henry....
really...
Chris Henry?
I'm not going to talk trash about a dead guy but I will tell you to get real.

Moss is one of those players that was simply better than everyone else.
He didn't try all that hard. He didn't run sophisticated routes. He outran, outpaced, and out jumped every secondary he came in contact with.
If he would have had a clear head his whole career and actually put as much work into his job as some other players do there is no doubt in my mind Randy Moss would have been as prolific as Jerry Rice was.