Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Listerman to Covington Holmes
Mike Listerman stepped down as head coach at CovCath in April, and is now going to be an assistant coach at Holmes

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...106210336/

Glad to have you in Covington Mike!!! :Clap::Thumbs:
Coach Listerman is a good man and I am glad to see that he has found another position. His time at CCH had probably run it's course and the change was good for all partys involved. He will probably make more money teaching and coaching at Holmes so good for him.
Very good pick up for an assistant coach for Booher.
Wow, Listerman is 2nd to none and for him to take an assistant job tells a lot about this man's character. Good man and he will bring excellent fundamentals teaching to the Dogs.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, Listerman is 2nd to none and for him to take an assistant job tells a lot about this man's character. Good man and he will bring excellent fundamentals teaching to the Dogs.

indeed, but it also says a lot about his departure from :flame: CovCath
The game seems to have passed Listerman up. Cov Cath was a speedy team that needs to be able to work around the perimeter more than they have in the past few years.
I've admired Listerman's coaching ability for many years. His teams always pass the ball extremely well. He should be a valuable asset to the Holmes program. But for how long? Would he consider another head coaching job in the 9th Region? Then again, he may be content to serve as a bench coach until he retires in a few years. My guess is Coach Listerman didn't resign from CovCath voluntarily. Also, it seems that with the economy still hurting, some of the kids who previously went to CovCath now are going to public school (Dixie Heights) instead.
jalfzou Wrote:My guess is Coach Listerman didn't resign from CovCath voluntarily.

I think both sides were happy with Listerman resigning. he did a fantastic job of coaching and teaching at covcath, but you can't please everyone and i think it got the best of him.

Now I hope CCH can take care of their new coach. I met coach Ruthsatz the other day and I think CCH made a great hire. This guy means business and he doesn't seem like a guy who will tolerate politics around his basketball team as much as listerman did.