Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK goes with NCAA decision, Calipari short of 500 wins
The University of Kentucky released a statement saying they will accept the ruling that Coach Calipari doesn't have 500 career wins because of the 42 games the NCAA vacated from his time at UMass and Memphis.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/UK_...22714.html
UK should do what Mike Wilbon said on PTI, "UK should call the NCAA and politely tell them, go to hell." I'm paraphrasing but I specifically remember him saying 'politely go to hell'.
Here's some Jay Bilas tweets about this.
NCAA investigation of USC took five years. NCAA investigation of Ohio State took three months. More time to investigate UK's 500 win party.

SDSU and Steve Fisher celebrated 400th win this season, too: http://t.co/lfe2ZkU. Does NCAA need to take off socks to count vacated wins?

NCAA Logic: When a win is vacated, other team must keep the loss. UK should celebrate Calipari giving opponents 500 losses. Problem solved.

Steve Fisher: Congrats on handing opponents 400 losses in your career! Problem solved. NCAA has no complaint; they made the illogical rule.

Memphis 2008: 38 times the Tigers took the floor and their opponent lost. NCAA record! No team ever handed out more L's in a single season!

USC Football 2004: Trojans took the field 13 times, and 13 times the Trojans' opponent left with a loss. Still perfect according to NCAA.

Here's one from Dicky V.
Think about absurd it is 4 NCAA to be concerned with UK's celebration of @UKCoachCalipari & 500 W's. NCAA Should CATCH CHEATERS giving CASH!
Jerry Tipton of the Lexington Hearld Leader had been bugging the hell outta the NCAA about this. Stupid UK hater.
NCAA and KHSAA needs a federal Ivestigation on them for organized crime!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:NCAA and KHSAA needs a federal Ivestigation on them for organized crime!

AMEN. College is the biggest cash cow in the world. And the only ones not getting a slice are the people putting there bodies at risk.
Do they really have nothing else better to do?
:yawn:
He's still Calipari.
Dickie V, Jay Bilas and many others have all been drilling the NCAA over this. It is obvious bias by the NCAA to single UK/Calipari out over this when there are so many more colleges that have done this.

The NCAA, where logic and reasoning go to die.

Strikeout King Wrote:Jerry Tipton of the Lexington Hearld Leader had been bugging the hell outta the NCAA about this. Stupid UK hater.

Jerry Tipton is why I boycott the LexHerald. I encourage everyone on this site to do so as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis