Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrell Pryor Not Returning to Ohio State for Senior Year
Junior QB Terrell Pryor will forgo his senior year and enter the Next NFL Supplemental Draft

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6636768
Good, I hope Ohio State get's hit with everything in the book
This will hurt OSU
They might as give Ohio State the death penalty. There's just too much going on and probably more to find out. The death penalty would be the easiest way to sort this out.
Aslan Wrote:^Ohio State has way to much tradition and the school makes way to much money for them to do that.

I would say this will be the closest we will ever get back to the death penalty.
I honestly believe Pryor new what he was doing was wrong. But he did it anyway because he knew he wasn't coming back to Ohio State.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Terrelle Pryor, who announced through his attorney Tuesday that he would bypass his senior season at Ohio State, made thousands of dollars autographing memorabilia in 2009-10, a former friend who says he witnessed the transactions has told "Outside the Lines."

The signings for cash, which would be a violation of NCAA rules, occurred a minimum of 35 to 40 times, netting Pryor anywhere from $20,000 to $40,000 that year, the former friend says. The source spoke to ESPN under the condition that his face not be aired on TV and that his name not be published.

He said Pryor was paid $500 to $1,000 each time he signed mini football helmets and other gear for a Columbus businessman and freelance photographer, Dennis Talbott. Talbott twice denied to ESPN that he ever paid Pryor or any other active Buckeye athlete to sign memorabilia. He said last week he has only worked with former players to set up signings. On Tuesday evening, he declined to comment whether he had ever operated a sports memorabilia business and said he was not an Ohio State booster.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6637444
OSU has a good QB waiting in the wings and IMO this is best for both parties.
He was suspended the first 5 games, you risk playing him and having wins stripped, and a QB change mid-year usually doesn't translate to more wins.
Not a surprise
Also if you think some of this isn't going on at all of the major programs you're crazy
See ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out
Let's talk about what is proven: You have 5-6 players and roughly 15-18K worth of merchandise being traded for tattoos. That's roughly 3K per player. The initial NCAA ruling was 5 games. Enter Tressel's lie.

So you have 5-6 players, 3K a player, and a lie from a departed coach and some of you think that goes to the level of the death penalty? Meanwhile, ONE player at USC garnered hundreds of thousands in benefits, won a national title*, won a heisman trophy*, and somehow the punishment for OSU should meet/exceed that?

The one amazing thing to me is the extra hits that OSU has taken from ESPN in comparison to its beloved USC, or even Auburn for that matter. Compare the magnitude of the offenses (or alleged offenses) when you have 5-6 players and 15-18K compared to ONE player, hundreds of thousands of dollars, heisman trophies, and national titles. Good job, ESPN. Way to report.
hawkster80 Wrote:The one amazing thing to me is the extra hits that OSU has taken from ESPN in comparison to its beloved USC, or even Auburn for that matter. Compare the magnitude of the offenses (or alleged offenses) when you have 5-6 players and 15-18K compared to ONE player, hundreds of thousands of dollars, heisman trophies, and national titles. Good job, ESPN. Way to report.

OSU had multiple violation by multiple people, USC just had one person by your statement above. just going on that, OSU's actions are worse because it is not one lone situation but the entire football culture at OSU that is in error. if you go with what you said, "what is proven" then USC just had an isolated case where OSU has a larger problem with multiple participants as well as an obvious attempt to cover it up after the NCAA became involved.