Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle star Elliott picks WKU
http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...105240341/

Ryle football coach Bryson Warner didn't push his star running back Travis Elliott to make a commitment to his alma mater, Western Kentucky University, but he's extremely happy he did.

Elliott, who rushed for 2,215 yards and 32 touchdowns last season and should be one of the top candidates for Mr. Football in Kentucky in 2011, made the commitment over the weekend to the program, which moved to NCAA Division I-A a couple of years ago.

"I think it's awesome," said Warner, who played linebacker at Western Kentucky. "It's just a great place for a young guy to go to school. It doesn't matter how much I like it, it's how much Travis likes it. It's a great fit."

Elliott said he made an official visit to the school last season for a game against Louisiana-Monroe and loved the campus the moment he stepped out of the car.

"It was just perfect for me," he said. "I can't explain it. When I got out of the car you can just kind of feel where you want to go to school."

Warner, who played with current Hilltoppers coach Willie Taggert at the school when it was NCAA Division I-AA, said the coaches have told Elliott he will remain at running back in college.

"I know some people talk about moving him to defense, but he runs a 4.5 40, he runs hard and powerful and it's where he should play," said Warner. "Western fell in love with him."

Elliott had no other firm offers despite being heavily recruited by several schools, including Cincinnati, Louisville and Miami.

He said Warner was helpful in the process, but didn't push him toward Western Kentucky. He also said no matter what type of season he has that might lead to other offers, he is firmly committed to Western Kentucky.

"I believe you make a commitment you stick by it," said Elliott, who will compete this weekend in the state track meet in the 100, 200 and 4-by-100 relay.
Congrats Travis Elliot!!! I don't care what anyone says, he is the best RB in the state.

And im having a hard time believing Warner didn't push him towards it Wink jk
^ I think he committed too early
I think he'll end up backing out of it, he's going to pick up more offers as the year goes on, especially from schools like UK, Louisville, Indiana, etc.
Thats great. I work with his dad sometimes and both are class acts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Congrats! This takes a little pressure off going into the season.
Congrats, this will take some pressure off of him going into the season!