Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 5 Pikeville 4
Eagles get 3 in the bottom of the 7th to win it. Not enough strikes from Panther pitchers tonight. Give credit to JC as well. They are a solid ball club.

Shout out Sam Burton on a couple of amazing defensive plays tonight.

Pikeville (31-3) will end the regular season tomorrow night @ Belfry.
Great game by both teams. Umpire did some bad calls for both he was consistant with both teams. so I guess it was fair.
I bet this one was a dandy.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Panther Thunder Wrote:Eagles get 3 in the bottom of the 7th to win it. Not enough strikes from Panther pitchers tonight. Give credit to JC as well. They are a solid ball club.

Shout out Sam Burton on a couple of amazing defensive plays tonight.

Pikeville (31-3) will end the regular season tomorrow night @ Belfry.
Sounds like a fantastic game, too bad we ended up on the short end of the stick. But we've known all year, JC is a TOUGH team, just like LC. I feel like maybe too many people (me included) have tended to forget about JC a little this year. But congrats to my Panthers, they have had a phenomenal year so far. PT, who took the L in this game? Obviously, Burton didn't pitch, so I'm thinking Maynard or Cecil?
PHSForever Wrote:Sounds like a fantastic game, too bad we ended up on the short end of the stick. But we've known all year, JC is a TOUGH team, just like LC. I feel like maybe too many people (me included) have tended to forget about JC a little this year. But congrats to my Panthers, they have had a phenomenal year so far. PT, who took the L in this game? Obviously, Burton didn't pitch, so I'm thinking Maynard or Cecil?

Simpkins with the W, Maynard with the L.
PHSForever Wrote:Sounds like a fantastic game, too bad we ended up on the short end of the stick. But we've known all year, JC is a TOUGH team, just like LC. I feel like maybe too many people (me included) have tended to forget about JC a little this year. But congrats to my Panthers, they have had a phenomenal year so far. PT, who took the L in this game? Obviously, Burton didn't pitch, so I'm thinking Maynard or Cecil?

Hamilton and Kestner both went the first 5 innings and both were removed due to high pitch counts. Maynard and Simpkins both finished the last two innings for their respective teams.

Big offensive game for Chase Blevins as he gets 4 of the five RBI's for JC. Maynard was the offensive POG for Pikeville with two big hits as well.
Johnson Central is capable of beating anyone in the region. Seen that when they played LC earlier in the year. LC almost got beat by them.
LC also beat them 7-2 though
Congrats JC
Yea JC does have a solid club. Sounds like an awesome highschool baseball game. Congrats on the win, and congrats to Pikeville for a heck of a year really impressive.
LC_Dawgs Wrote:LC also beat them 7-2 though

The final score is no indication as to how close the game really was. JC was up 2-1 with one out in the top of the 7th when a throwing error by a freshmen kept the inning alive instead of the game being over. The next batter (Banks) hit a hanging curve ball over the wall that pretty much sealed it. JC also had 5 errors during that contest...you cannot beat good teams with 5 errors, but for JC to have all the mistakes and still be up 1 with a chance to win is a testament to how good they can be.
IRISH4 Wrote:The final score is no indication as to how close the game really was. JC was up 2-1 with one out in the top of the 7th when a throwing error by a freshmen kept the inning alive instead of the game being over. The next batter (Banks) hit a hanging curve ball over the wall that pretty much sealed it. JC also had 5 errors during that contest...you cannot beat good teams with 5 errors, but for JC to have all the mistakes and still be up 1 with a chance to win is a testament to how good they can be.

Exactly