Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky to play St. John's (SEC/Big East Invitational) Dec. 1st
University of Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball will be playing the St. John's Red Storm (@ Rupp Arena) on Dec. 1st
I'd be a bit worried about this game if it weren't at Rupp. I think we'll take it though. Should be a good game to watch.
Not worried
KSR said that St. John's were the lucky ones to get beat down in Rupp Arena
Strikeout King Wrote:KSR said that St. John's were the lucky ones to get beat down in Rupp Arena

That's why I love KSR.
Shouldn't be too hard of a game especially being at Rupp!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Solid match-up.
J-Rod Wrote:Solid match-up.

lol.. Yeah right
SJ will be a solid team but losing a lot of players from last years team and 9 incoming freshman UK should have this one.
This will be a very good test for the young Cats
Kentucky will host St. Johns and their massive team of freshmen. Not only will Steve Lavin be bringing in the rival’s ranked third best recruiting class in the country, it will also mean the arrival of God’s Gift Achiuwa to Rupp Arena. While I doubt that St. Johns will pose much of a threat to Kentucky next year, they will be an interesting story to follow as Lavin’s recruiting class is mainly ranked high for the number of guys he has signed - a whopping 9 freshmen. Two three stars, six four stars and a five star. If you’ve ever wanted to watch a coach struggle to blend guys into a new system, St. Johns may be a good team to follow next year. Or who knows, maybe they’ll get along great and be a dominant force in the Big East. Either way, they’ll be one of at least two Big East teams to lose in Rupp next year.

Per KSR
St. Johns may struggle next year but they are on the rise. If their freshman stay for 3 or 4 years they will be a powerhouse. However I think Kentucky handles them fairly easy at Rupp next year.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:St. Johns may struggle next year but they are on the rise. If their freshman stay for 3 or 4 years they will be a powerhouse. However I think Kentucky handles them fairly easy at Rupp next year.

Umm, won't UK be primarily a Freshman team as well?
Stardust Wrote:Umm, won't UK be primarily a Freshman team as well?

We do have 2 sophomores and a senior returning though. St Johns will be playing nothing but freshmen.