Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wins the 15th?
is it a two horse race or does jc, pberg or even paintsville have a shot?
who all plays in the 14th?
15th* sorry
lawrence co, pikeville johnson central, prestonsberg, paintsville, sheldon clark, belfry, phelps, east ridge, allen central, maggofin, betsy lane, pike central,shelby valley ans south floyd.
Won Lost Season Region District
Pikeville 306 58 30 - 2 - 0 17 - 1 - 0 4 - 0 - 0
Lawrence County 179 69 21 - 4 - 0 8 - 0 - 0 4 - 0 - 0
Johnson Central 212 110 19 - 6 - 0 13 - 3 - 0 4 - 2 - 0
Belfry 235 161 18 - 12 - 0 11 - 5 - 0 3 - 0 - 0
Prestonsburg 125 97 13 - 7 - 0 10 - 5 - 0 4 - 0 - 0
Paintsville 129 112 13 - 12 - 0 10 - 6 - 0 5 - 1 - 0
Sheldon Clark 180 187 12 - 14 - 0 8 - 11 - 0 1 - 6 - 0
Phelps 125 84 10 - 5 - 0 5 - 5 - 0 2 - 2 - 0
East Ridge 152 192 10 - 11 - 0 7 - 9 - 0 2 - 2 - 0
Allen Central 132 150 9 - 14 - 0 7 - 10 - 0 4 - 1 - 0
Magoffin County 96 176 7 - 15 - 0 6 - 11 - 0 1 - 6 - 0
Betsy Layne 96 171 4 - 12 - 0 4 - 9 - 0 1 - 3 - 0
Pike Cy Central 76 160 4 - 14 - 0 1 - 12 - 0 0 - 3 - 0
Shelby Valley 87 178 4 - 16 - 0 1 - 10 - 0 0 - 4 - 0
South Floyd 45 174 1 - 13 - 0 0 - 11 - 0 0 - 5 - 0

this should help
Don't let the records fool you. No one ever thought Prestonsburg was going to win in the All A and they pulled it out. Depends on what team shows up on any given day.
here is my opinion on that. Lawrence and Pikeville are close record wise but these two are about the same. If they played a ten game series both would win five times. Johnson Central and Paintsville have good programs but are inconsistent. Paintsville only lost to Lawrence 1-0 with Shepherd on the mound, and then the Bulldogs came back and beat Johnson Central in a great game. So in the 15th region the front runners are Lawrence, Pikeville, Johnson Central, Paintsville, Prestonsburg, and maybe Belfry if they get it together.
I really dont think that JC has a shot now with Ross being out with that elbow injury. Paintsville has one stud on the mound then a big drop off past that. So basically in my opinion this is just a two horse raise but the team i think is the darkhorse would definately be prestonsburg seeing that they already beat pikeville once and about beat them again.
But for my prediction im goin to pick LC cause of the tougher schedule they played than pikeville...looks like pikeville has played 18 games in this region and lets face it, this region isnt very strong.
LC schedule no tougher than Pikeville's. LC was one swing of the bat from being shut out for 9 innings on their home field vs. Pikeville. Pikeville will win next time. I don't think any other team in the region is capable of winning three straight unless there is rain.
Ok next time if there is a next time Pikeville faces Lawrence County then they will see Shepherd on the mound, and that fact right there gives the edge to Lawrence County. Yeah they were one swing of the bat away from losing at home, but at the same time you guys only scored two runs as well and the last one was with two outs and last at bat so how lucky is that? Lawrence County played right with Pikeville the entire game and everyone knows it.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Ok next time if there is a next time Pikeville faces Lawrence County then they will see Shepherd on the mound, and that fact right there gives the edge to Lawrence County. Yeah they were one swing of the bat away from losing at home, but at the same time you guys only scored two runs as well and the last one was with two outs and last at bat so how lucky is that? Lawrence County played right with Pikeville the entire game and everyone knows it.

And LC will probably see a guy who struck out 8 of the 9 batters he faced and nobody hit a fair ball off him.
The Phelps Hornets in a shocker!
I can't think of any instance that either Pikeville or LC get knocked off before they meet in the finals. It will be a toss up.
They might be in a semi final matchup also..they have been the last 2 years
I agree with joker...it depends on what team shows up on what day. I don't think it proves as obvious as it seemed pre-season.
Ok i will take those odds. We will see a pitcher who we already faced that is fine. you guys will see shepherd for the first time, i like lc's chances.
I'm gonna say them Pirates will knock somebody out that should beat them, I think they have the bats and speed to shake this tourney up!:Skull03:
Paintsville is the only team that can upset Pikeville or Lawrence County. If they get overlooked with the lefty on the mound then you may be looking at a Painstville or PBURG making it to the finals of the region?
The pitching staff of LC appears a little thin at the moment past Shepard and Banks. It could get very interesting in both district and regional.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:The pitching staff of LC appears a little thin at the moment past Shepard and Banks. It could get very interesting in both district and regional.
What's up with the LC staff? Thought Cline and Musick provided good depth behind Shepherd and Banks?
What is the status of Cline? I hope he is okay.
no word yet on cline