Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shedrick Jones named Moore coach
Shedrick Jones, a longtime assistant coach in Louisville, has been named the head boys’ basketball coach at Moore High School

“I always had in the back of my mind that I’d be a head coach,” Jones said. “My mother said it was my calling.”

Jones replaces Larry Miller, who left Moore to become the head coach at Male. Jones was an assistant under Miller during four of the past six seasons.

“I retired for two seasons in there and thought I was done with it,” Jones said. “Obviously I wasn’t. … After sitting there for two years and watching, I couldn’t stand it anymore. I had to get back in it.”

Jones, 45, is a 1983 graduate of Bishop David who went on to attend Carl Albert State College in Oklahoma and Brescia University.

He was an assistant coach at Waggener before serving as an assistant under Bryce Hibbard for six seasons at Male and three at Eastern.

Moore will return three starters from a squad that finished 23-7 last season.

“Larry Miller set the foundation … and we have a great nucleus coming back,” Jones said. “I’m looking forward to having a great group of kids to work with.”

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/khs/201...ore-coach/
Congrats and good luck to coach Jones