Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 9 Bell County 6
Middlesboro was in control all night. Wilson, Epperson, and Short all pitched for Middlesboro. Hilton pitched for Bell and struggled more often than not. He also went without a hit at the plate.

Middlesboro is officially the 1 seed for the 52nd district tournament.
So Hilton struggled on the mound and didn't get a hit, and the final score was 9-6.
Yeah, JD didnt pitch his best game.. Mboro didnt play very well either.. #17 Cox is a real player and is really amazing to watch.. #2 Thacker has some wheels.. I think he had 5 stolen bases tonight.. Not sure though.. Bell is still an improving team.. Those young guys are getting used to playing at this level and I think theyll be a force to be reckoned with come district time.. Good group of seniors with Hilton, Hill, Thacker, and Saylor.. I do feel sorry for them next year though
Middlesboro walked several batters and their pitchers struggled all night. Bell County only got two hits.
Middlesboro throws an awful lot of two hitters but still gives up a lot of runs. What's up with that?
Hit and Run Wrote:Middlesboro throws an awful lot of two hitters but still gives up a lot of runs. What's up with that?

Very poor defense or a very creative scorekeeper. Maybe both????
Bell is very young, they start a 7th grader, an 8th grader, a freshman and a couple of Sophmores and to say they dont have any talent coming up is crazy. Bell beat middlesboro in middle school and tonights JV score was 2-2.Bell is not that good this season but i dont think Middlesboro is that good either. Remember MHS Parent basball is the only thing you can beat Bell at, So i wouldnt be bragging to much.
CatBlue Wrote:Bell is very young, they start a 7th grader, an 8th grader, a freshman and a couple of Sophmores and to say they dont have any talent coming up is crazy. Bell beat middlesboro in middle school and tonights JV score was 2-2.Bell is not that good this season but i dont think Middlesboro is that good either. Remember MHS Parent basball is the only thing you can beat Bell at, So i wouldnt be bragging to much.

Middlesboro in control after the 2nd inning. Middlesboro is young also. As far as Middle School the last time they played Bell was run ruled. Bell said no to the JV last night and started 2 juniors and one on the mound. At least 4 starter from the varsity in the lineup. This is why things will continue to get worse at Bell. At least 5 kids did not get to play the field on the JV team, because they didn't want to lose that bad again. M'boro also has two 8th graders on the JV team. As far as the only thing we can beat you at.......things are changing. Keep thinking that.
Hit and Run Wrote:Middlesboro throws an awful lot of two hitters but still gives up a lot of runs. What's up with that?

1st inning-
1.Wilson walks the first four batters of the game.
2.Epperson went up 0-2 on a batter but his third pitch curveball was hit for a two run single in between the 2nd and 3rd base. He struck out the next three batters to get out of the inning.

3 runs on 1 hit.

5th inning
1. Thackers singles to start inning. Stole second.
2. One out later, Hilton hits a ball that goes under the SS glove and bounces off his leg as it rolls into center. Thacker scores.
3. Epperson walked the next two batters to load the bases but got the next two batters to ground/pop out.

4 runs on 2 hits.

6th inning
1. Epperson got the first batter out.
2. Epperson walked 3 straight batters to load the bases.
3. Hilton hit into a fielders choice at SS where Epperson caught a ground ball, stepped on the bag and underthrew the 1st baseman, two runs came around to score and the runner remained at 3rd.
4. Short got the next two batters out.

6 runs on 2 hits

7th inning
1. Short got all 3 batters out.

Is that detailed enough. If our pitchers are on their A game, this gets ugly. Bell County is a very poor hitting team.

Hilton on the other hand gave up 7 earned runs.
HAHA, Keep Dreaming my friend you know who your daddy will always be, BELL CO.
Actually, my son only plays baseball so I've never known anything but beating Bell County. I would LOVE to see the series record for baseball. That would be amazing. lol
CatBlue Wrote:HAHA, Keep Dreaming my friend you know who your daddy will always be, BELL CO.

Your daddy is gone....he went to Pike County. He was there last night trying to control the umps.

If Cox kid from Bell has any hope, he should move to a baseball school in Lex or Knoxville where he could get instruction. Not only from a coach but from an private instructors. He could work year round with indoor facilities ect.... He has a real shot.

Maybe Greer can come back and straighten everything out....hahahah
CatBlue Wrote:Bell is very young, they start a 7th grader, an 8th grader, a freshman and a couple of Sophmores and to say they dont have any talent coming up is crazy. Bell beat middlesboro in middle school and tonights JV score was 2-2.Bell is not that good this season but i dont think Middlesboro is that good either. Remember MHS Parent basball is the only thing you can beat Bell at, So i wouldnt be bragging to much.

Tonight's JV score was 2-2 because Bell's coach wanted to quit. I heard Middlesboro's JV begging for another inning. I mean who quits after 4 innings with the score tied?

Middlesboro beat Bell's JV two nights ago 20-0.

Middlesboro's Middle school killed Bell County, like 11-3 or something.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Tonight's JV score was 2-2 because Bell's coach wanted to quit. I heard Middlesboro's JV begging for another inning. I mean who quits after 4 innings with the score tied?

Middlesboro beat Bell's JV two nights ago 20-0.

Middlesboro's Middle school killed Bell County, like 11-3 or something.

JV means very little. Clay plays two 8th graders and two 6th graders on jv and has still won almost every game and the couple losses by 1 run. They have also pitched every player on JV except one of the 6th graders.
JV games only matter to good programs. Hence, continued success and not just a couple of fluke seasons.
if bells bottom of the line up could step up an hit the ball they could be a ok hitting team an they struggle in the outfeild an they have a weak 1st baseman but i think if they get those problems fixed they could be a dangerous team in the district
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:JV games only matter to good programs. Hence, continued success and not just a couple of fluke seasons.

Jv games are for developing young players. The scores do not matter, but don't worry Clay will be looking for the clean sweep when they play m'boro. By the way who is your kid, one of the jv superstars or does he play varsity.

All of Clay sophomores and up play in the varsity games on a rotating basis so they can get real experience. Some of the freshmen are also getting some action.
Once again, the scores matter. At good programs, it is important for kids to have a desire to win and experience winning. Without keeping score, this is not possible. I mean seriously, I never played anything and didn't care about the score...even if it was a game of two hand touch football.

At Middlesboro, their JV is composed on freshman only. They also have two 8th graders that play up. Everyone else plays varsity.

One of those 8th graders had an RBI in the varsity game against Bell County the other night.
Shelby1 Wrote:Your daddy is gone....he went to Pike County. He was there last night trying to control the umps.

If Cox kid from Bell has any hope, he should move to a baseball school in Lex or Knoxville where he could get instruction. Not only from a coach but from an private instructors. He could work year round with indoor facilities ect.... He has a real shot.

Maybe Greer can come back and straighten everything out....hahahah

I would say Bill Powell don't want to see Greer back coaching baseball at Bell. Greer beat middlesboro several times in the district championship game.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Once again, the scores matter. At good programs, it is important for kids to have a desire to win and experience winning. Without keeping score, this is not possible. I mean seriously, I never played anything and didn't care about the score...even if it was a game of two hand touch football.

At Middlesboro, their JV is composed on freshman only. They also have two 8th graders that play up. Everyone else plays varsity.

One of those 8th graders had an RBI in the varsity game against Bell County the other night.

I doubt that you have ever played anyhting other than pick up games.
If you had, you would not be totally consumed by M'boro baseball and blinded to how good or bad they really are.
I'm tired of this great program junk. I'm pretty sure Bell and Clay have won a regional championship and played in another final since Middlesboro got run ruled by South. Granted Bell is down this year, and Clay had some bad years for a long time, but since '08 Bell and Clay have had their way in the 13th region. South came through and won in '09, but both Bell and Clay were at the top, also. Middlesboro hasn't been close in the last 4 years. What have you done lately?
redstorm Wrote:I would say Bill Powell don't want to see Greer back coaching baseball at Bell. Greer beat middlesboro several times in the district championship game.

No way that a state power like M'boro ever lost a district title. You must be mistaken!!!!!!
Hit and Run Wrote:I'm tired of this great program junk. I'm pretty sure Bell and Clay have won a regional championship and played in another final since Middlesboro got run ruled by South. Granted Bell is down this year, and Clay had some bad years for a long time, but since '08 Bell and Clay have had their way in the 13th region. South came through and won in '09, but both Bell and Clay were at the top, also. Middlesboro hasn't been close in the last 4 years. What have you done lately?

HAHA Hence program and not a single class of athletes moving through a system. You Clay and Bell people don't understand. Clay has always been bad and Bell County is usually even worse.

Middlesboro went to the regional championship in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007. I'd say that's pretty decent success as well as pretty recent for the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Furthermore, since South run ruled Middlesboro in 06, they beat them in the semifinals the following year only to lose the regional championship in extra innings to NL the following year.

Including 08, Middlesboro is 4-3 against Bell County since then. In 2010, Bell County went 4-15 in 13th region games. That's hardly having their way. haha.

Which years specifically did Greer beat Middlesboro for a district championship? I can only think of one from the 90s and that's it.

jed, I hope you are fully aware of how completely jealous you sound of Middlesboro. It seriously amuses me.
AMEN, They beat bell 2 times and suddenly are the best program in the region. I got news for them they wont go far in the region tourney, they beat Barbourville and Lynn camp to win All A region ( WEW), but when they played somebody who could play a little see what happened. They are simply not that good.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:HAHA Hence program and not a single class of athletes moving through a system. You Clay and Bell people don't understand. Clay has always been bad and Bell County is usually even worse.

Middlesboro went to the regional championship in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007. I'd say that's pretty decent success as well as pretty recent for the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Furthermore, since South run ruled Middlesboro in 06, they beat them in the semifinals the following year only to lose the regional championship in extra innings to NL the following year.

Including 08, Middlesboro is 4-3 against Bell County since then. In 2010, Bell County went 4-15 in 13th region games. That's hardly having their way. haha.

Which years specifically did Greer beat Middlesboro for a district championship? I can only think of one from the 90s and that's it.

jed, I hope you are fully aware of how completely jealous you sound of Middlesboro. It seriously amuses me.

You have lost the small bit of that feeble mind that you had. M'boro is not even an afterthought in my mind. If you will note that none of any of my post ever even mention the single A school in the sinkhole on far soustheast corner of KY except to refute your totally asinine post. I look forward to reading your blinded from reality post every morning. I often wonder if you are for real or are just trying to be so outrageous to keep us entertained. You can't believe all the stuff that you write on here about the greatness of a program that nobody else ever mentions or is remotely scared of. I do get the feeling though that you are jealous of the recent success of other programs as you go out of you way to question them.
jed Wrote:You have lost the small bit of that feeble mind that you had. M'boro is not even an afterthought in my mind. If you will note that none of any of my post ever even mention the single A school in the sinkhole on far soustheast corner of KY except to refute your totally asinine post. I look forward to reading your blinded from reality post every morning. I often wonder if you are for real or are just trying to be so outrageous to keep us entertained. You can't believe all the stuff that you write on here about the greatness of a program that nobody else ever mentions or is remotely scared of. I do get the feeling though that you are jealous of the recent success of other programs as you go out of you way to question them.

:thatsfunn
jed Wrote:You have lost the small bit of that feeble mind that you had. M'boro is not even an afterthought in my mind. If you will note that none of any of my post ever even mention the single A school in the sinkhole on far soustheast corner of KY except to refute your totally asinine post. I look forward to reading your blinded from reality post every morning. I often wonder if you are for real or are just trying to be so outrageous to keep us entertained. You can't believe all the stuff that you write on here about the greatness of a program that nobody else ever mentions or is remotely scared of. I do get the feeling though that you are jealous of the recent success of other programs as you go out of you way to question them.

:notworthy
This thread has ran it's course before posters are banned from the site!