Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee Surgery
I need some good advice. My doctor has given me the go ahead to have knee replacement surgery. He suggested Hazard ARH, but simply because My wife is an RN in the ARH system and we have insurance with Humana through them. If I go to ARH in Hazard it will cost me "0". But, I'm not sure about it. I am sure that there are some of you out there that have insight on a good surgeon to check on. I want the best I can get even if it costs me. I'm 45 and the first replacement has to last me a long time. My doctor wanted me to wait til I am 50 but the knee is just too far gone. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Dragonsdad Wrote:I need some good advice. My doctor has given me the go ahead to have knee replacement surgery. He suggested Hazard ARH, but simply because My wife is an RN in the ARH system and we have insurance with Humana through them. If I go to ARH in Hazard it will cost me "0". But, I'm not sure about it. I am sure that there are some of you out there that have insight on a good surgeon to check on. I want the best I can get even if it costs me. I'm 45 and the first replacement has to last me a long time. My doctor wanted me to wait til I am 50 but the knee is just too far gone. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I could recommend the person who did my knee surgery, but he is in Lexington now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks for response. Lex is not a problem. I'll go where ever the best is. If you don't mind you can pm me that so as to not put any ones name out there. However you want to do it. Again, I appreciate it. How ever it goes I'll let you know about my progress.
I had mine done in Pikeville -.-
I don't know any good knee surgeons, but there is a great hip surgeon in Bardstown, I don't know if he does knees, I am guessing no. (two church-ladies surgery's, not mine)

Either way, you have my prayers through this process.
Dr. Kibler in Lexington is the best period...............He done my dads, mine, and now my sons...
Thanks for the name,58.Sounds good. I'll look him up and check him out. Thanks to you, also LWC. I'm way too young to be going through this and all prayers are appreciated. The Lord has blessed me immensly all of my life and I have faith that he'll watch me through this too.
I had back, knee, stomach and hip surgeries at Bristol Regional Med Center, and Im here to tell you, they are absolutely phenomenal. Dr Lisle Whitman done my knee surgery, and he was excellent. Msg me if you want and Ill give you the number there..Good luck though..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]