Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDonald's All-American Game
east 111 west 96

bowling green's own behanan was on the east.

whats everyones thoughts on the game as well as the upcoming recruits for UK?
Same ole, same ole... a bunch of "stars" trying to out do one another the entire game. :biggrin:

I thought Davis looked good for KY recruits and Wiltjer kid should help.
suprised me how much D was played. Austin Rivers will do big things at Duke. I cant wait to watch Kentucky next year!!
stringbean Wrote:mcdonalds sucks **** just like the sucky *** players we have in this state.

Said the guy who played in this state.Confusedhh:
Outside of the UK recruits I was very impressed with Beal(Florida) and Rivers(Duke). I too was surprised by how much defense was played in this game, usually known for lack it's lack of defense. Everyone looked solid and deserving of their all-American status. And the kid going to Texas I think it's Kabongo looked like the fastest PG in the class.

As for the UK recruits I will start with Wiltjer. He proved he can shoot the 3 by winning the contest a few days ago and tonight he
looked good with some nice low post moves. Even showed an old Hakeem the Dream hookshot. Looked good for the most part offensively. However I noticed he has very slow feet which might be due to the fact he is flat footed. And this looked like it hurt him defensively guarding quicker bigs and the pick and roll. Teague looked very quick with the ball and made a couple nice plays. I think his decision making was questionable a couple times, but he should be a stud. I would have liked to seen him shoot a little more. Davis made highlight reel plays on both ends of the court blocking shots and dunking the ball. The only negative I noticed about Davis was that he got pushed around alot in the post. He needs to put on some weight and hit the weight room hard this summer. Finally Gilchrist might not have wowed anyone with his play, but he can do it all. He might have been the most unselfish player on the court and still had 16 points. This kid has all the skills and could probably play in the NBA next season.
I was really happy with the stellar defense that Anthony Davis played. He is going to be a big time force down in the paint. He has the range and length as John Henson but still has a little more weight and room to grow. I think that for Davis, the sky is the limit and he is well on the way to making us a top 5 team next year.

With Gilchrist, I think that we all saw what he is know for. Hard nose defense and a solid contributor on offense. He may be the most important player next year in terms of where we end the season as his stellar defensive mentality would give us two lock down defenders and a solid defensive core (Liggins and Gilchrist). His offense will come around, but it also seems like he is just scratching the surface as what he can bring the team next year.

Teauge was a bolt of lighting out there and it really seemed as though he is poised to be the next big time point guard in the DDMO. I think that even if Brandon Knight does come back, he is the more natural point guard and that his skill set is similar to John Wall's. He had some great plays in which he blew by the defenders and also had some good runners. All in all, he seems a little raw right now, but with a little bit of time, he will fit nicely into Cal's system.

Wiltjer is one of the interesting players in the McD game. He has so much range it is almost unfair for the other team to figure out how to guard him. He has size to potentially be a center type player but he is mobile enough and has a pure shot to go out to the key and be a factor. He is a matchup nightmare in my opinion. He can be the biggest x factor next year as people will not know exactly what we will get out of him at the college game. It is going to be exciting!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This was a great game!! All of UK's recruits looked good, especially Anthony Davis!! Also, Michael Gilchrist won the Co-MVP of the game with 16 points and a game high 12 rebounds!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I was really happy with the stellar defense that Anthony Davis played. He is going to be a big time force down in the paint. He has the range and length as John Henson but still has a little more weight and room to grow. I think that for Davis, the sky is the limit and he is well on the way to making us a top 5 team next year.

With Gilchrist, I think that we all saw what he is know for. Hard nose defense and a solid contributor on offense. He may be the most important player next year in terms of where we end the season as his stellar defensive mentality would give us two lock down defenders and a solid defensive core (Liggins and Gilchrist). His offense will come around, but it also seems like he is just scratching the surface as what he can bring the team next year.

Teauge was a bolt of lighting out there and it really seemed as though he is poised to be the next big time point guard in the DDMO. I think that even if Brandon Knight does come back, he is the more natural point guard and that his skill set is similar to John Wall's. He had some great plays in which he blew by the defenders and also had some good runners. All in all, he seems a little raw right now, but with a little bit of time, he will fit nicely into Cal's system.

Wiltjer is one of the interesting players in the McD game. He has so much range it is almost unfair for the other team to figure out how to guard him. He has size to potentially be a center type player but he is mobile enough and has a pure shot to go out to the key and be a factor. He is a matchup nightmare in my opinion. He can be the biggest x factor next year as people will not know exactly what we will get out of him at the college game. It is going to be exciting!

great post, i too was very impressed with gilchrist's defense. this is something uk should be recruiting, not to tip the bottle already but kentucky will have an impressive year next year to go along with this one.

go cats
All I can say, is I can not wait for next season! All UK's boys played really well.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
PoCo Wrote:I care, especially since we all from eastern kentucky have so much to do with it, heck none of us have prolly seen benehan play, but we talk about em like we know em, so it makes us feel like our lifes actually has something else going on then spending all day on bluegrassrivals and eating doritos is our moms basement, while celebrating our 40th birthday.

Behannon played at the Fast Lane classic in Martin County this year. I saw him play, not sure about others. At the Fast Lane Classic he was less than impressive, but it was early in the season...
LCDawg Wrote:Behannon played at the Fast Lane classic in Martin County this year. I saw him play, not sure about others. At the Fast Lane Classic he was less than impressive, but it was early in the season...

Behanan seems to be a really strong player and along with Blackshear will keep the Cards on the top tier in the Big Least for some seasons to come. I think that he is a crazy match up and he seems to be really athletic for his size. Good for Pitino to get Chane.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Behanan seems to be a really strong player and along with Blackshear will keep the Cards on the top tier in the Big Least for some seasons to come. I think that he is a crazy match up and he seems to be really athletic for his size. Good for Pitino to get Chane.

lol @ the bold. funny yet true at the same time.