Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marshall Co. 55, Bell Co. 33 (Sweet Sixteen 1st Rd)
Final. Marshall will play Bullitt East tomorrow evening.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Marshall County 55, Bell County 33, final: Blake Clark had 15 points and Stephen Atkinson 13 to lead the Marshals (28-6). Ben Madon led Bell County (22-7) with 14 points. And, so, Friday’s quarterfinals are set:

Noon - No. 3 Clark County (30-5) vs. No. 1 Eastern (32-2); 1:30 p.m. - No. 9 Christian County (22-9) vs. No. 5 Lexington Catholic (27-7); 6:30 p.m. - Rowan County (28-5) vs. Wayne County (31-4); 8 p.m. - No. 13 Bullitt East (29-5) vs. Marshall County (28-6)

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/khs/201...y-updates/
Sounds like a rough game for Bell Co. Glad to see them down there representing the mountains. I didn't get to listen to the beginning but it seems like Marshall jumped on a less athletic team and never really let them creep back in.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I picked Marshall but not by this margin. Congrats MC.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Sounds like a rough game for Bell Co. Glad to see them down there representing the mountains. I didn't get to listen to the beginning but it seems like Marshall jumped on a less athletic team and never really let them creep back in.

I actually saw this game. It was a rough game for Bell Co.; however, Marshall County didn't jump on them early (I believe 10-7 at end of first quarter) and weren't really a more athletic team than Bell County. Athletically, Bell had the edge. Physically, Bell had the edge. Bell County seemed to just have the Rupp jitters. They weren't the usual aggressors that I've seen from them in other matchups. They played a little timid in the beginning, but so did Marshall Co. The difference in this game is that Marshall Co. was a much better shooting team, and in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, Marshall Co. made some of their shots, while Bell struggled around the rim. Then when Marshall built a 8-10 point lead, Bell made a few careless turnovers all in a matter of a minute or two. This led to about a 14-15 deficit which is were the game stayed until the final minute or so.

Had Bell came out a little more aggressive and hit some shots, this could have been a different game - not saying they still would have won - but the score would have been much closer. However, had Marshall County came out hot it could have been much worse. That team can really shoot the ball.
Congrats MC. I expected this game to be closer