Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central vs. South Floyd 3/2 (15th)
Hobo is a very good High School player for this area. Should play well and score against South Floyd (and he will have to if they expect to win), but will not be able to handle all the physcial play of JC. They will foul a lot and play very physcial against him. 4th qt. will be a very hard time for him. PC if they get the opportunity will have to slow the ball down and get him some rest somehow.... Better not count out SC, they can get hot and reallly shoot the ball.
PCC will have the best player on the floor, but SF has the overall better starting 5. Could go either way. 5 point game either way. Depends on wether SF can contain Hobo.
Everyone is comparing McCoy and Turner. Saying they will score this and do that.

When in fact, Turner isn't even the leading scorer on his own team. Per KHSAA.

Hall averages alil over 19 per game (on less shots than Turner). While Turner avgs. 17.

Hall is also leading the team in FG% and FT% (by like 15%)

Turner is 1st in rebounding, but he is their center and 6'6. Hall (6'2) is second.

I would venture to say by seeing them play on numerous occassions on TV and in person, that Hall has more assist and more steals than Turner.

Also, seen that every game they won in their District, Hall was the leading scorer in those 5 games (avg. 20 or so in 58th District play), while Turner avg. around 15 or so in district play.

Hall has also been the leading scorer in like 16 of their 25 games. Scoring 20 or more in around half of them 25. On SF's recent 7 game win streak Hall had 20+ in 6 of the 7 (had 15 against Piarist), leading scorer in 4 of the 6 games he played in during the streak.

Points- 1) Hall 2) Turner

Rebounds- 1) Turner 2)Hall

Assists- 1) Hall 2)Newsome/Marson

Steals- 1) Hall 2/3)Newsome and Marson

If anyone is underrated it's Hall from SF.
Amazingly Smooth Wrote:Everyone is comparing McCoy and Turner. Saying they will score this and do that.

When in fact, Turner isn't even the leading scorer on his own team. Per KHSAA.

Hall averages alil over 19 per game (on less shots than Turner). While Turner avgs. 17.

Hall is also leading the team in FG% and FT% (by like 15%)

Turner is 1st in rebounding, but he is their center and 6'6. Hall (6'2) is second.

I would venture to say by seeing them play on numerous occassions on TV and in person, that Hall has more assist and more steals than Turner.

Also, seen that every game they won in their District, Hall was the leading scorer in those 5 games (avg. 20 or so in 58th District play), while Turner avg. around 15 or so in district play.

Hall has also been the leading scorer in like 16 of their 25 games. Scoring 20 or more in around half of them 25. On SF's recent 7 game win streak Hall had 20+ in 6 of the 7 (had 15 against Piarist), leading scorer in 4 of the 6 games he played in during the streak.

Points- 1) Hall 2) Turner

Rebounds- 1) Turner 2)Hall

Assists- 1) Hall 2)Newsome/Marson

Steals- 1) Hall 2/3)Newsome and Marson

If anyone is underrated it's Hall from SF.

Per KHSAA.

Top 2 scorers in the region:
1) Hobo McCoy
2) Dakota Hall
Look for the SF to rattle PC early in this game. The crowd will be the difference. SF advances to next round.
In regards to the post of Amazingly Smooth
I know both Turner & Hall and have the utmost respect for the talents of each. They both are outstanding young men. I know Coach Barry Hall shares these sentiments. However, I must say that this sort of post is the last thing this team needs at this point. They play tomorrow night in the regional tournament and have the potential to make some noise. Whether the person posting this realizes or not, it could have a very negative impact on the entire team, especially Hall & Turner. :dontthink Please think about the possible ramifications such post could have and let these two young men enjoy the ride! (Actually, we all should keep this in mind and do our best to encourage and uplift all our young men and women participating in the tournament.) Best of luck to our RAIDERS and congratulations to all teams participating.
Do to the fact some PC fans was told from SF fans that they wouldv'e bought Steak dinners for PC when they beat BL after the All A, I'll go with PC in a blow-out fashion from HOBO.
hobo will have about 34 points and dylan meade will pitch in with about 16 or 17 hes pretty good for a freshman pc wins but thats just my predction:1: