Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fmla
What does everyone think about the Family Medical Leave Act.
I think for the most part, its bogus. Just another excuse for an employee to leave or take off work when they dont want to. Ive seen so many take a day, which is excused, unpaid of course, and never have any evaluation done. If you have a broken finger nail you can sign up on this junk. Ive also seen a lot take off because there spouse is simply going to the doctor and they "need to drive them". There definitely needs to be regulations set on a lot of this. I believe you can also take up to 3 or 4 months a year if needed.
Dont get me wrong, in some situations, especially with kids or horrible diseases an employee should be able to without worrying about his or her job and this is what its intended for however there are a lot who abuse this privilege way to much.
Who else has had experience with this and knows more about the regulations and rules on abusers.
It's just one of a growing number of federal mandates that makes American businesses increasingly less competitive with their foreign competitors as they lower our standard of living that the mandates' proponents promise to raise.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What does everyone think about the Family Medical Leave Act.
I think for the most part, its bogus. Just another excuse for an employee to leave or take off work when they dont want to. Ive seen so many take a day, which is excused, unpaid of course, and never have any evaluation done. If you have a broken finger nail you can sign up on this junk. Ive also seen a lot take off because there spouse is simply going to the doctor and they "need to drive them". There definitely needs to be regulations set on a lot of this. I believe you can also take up to 3 or 4 months a year if needed.
Dont get me wrong, in some situations, especially with kids or horrible diseases an employee should be able to without worrying about his or her job and this is what its intended for however there are a lot who abuse this privilege way to much.
Who else has had experience with this and knows more about the regulations and rules on abusers.

You sound a pissed off manager dude. lol.

I do agree with you for the most part though.
I do not have any experience with FMLA, but I do think it could be a good thing, if used properly, but more times than not it is abused.
vundy33 Wrote:You sound a pissed off manager dude. lol.

yep lol
vundy33 Wrote:You sound a pissed off manager dude. lol.

lol although im in that position now, it was the times of working in a factory as just an average employee that it use to **** me off.
I worked in a place where everyone had to do their job and everyone had to be done before anyone could leave which use to get under my skin so much when a guy or two would use this and put off twice as much work on everyone else while they were settin at the house doing nothing.