Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Dawson to USC
LClion4life Wrote:Showing up late to an in-home visit and texting the whole they're there doesn't show a favorable picture for him. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Even if he wasn't too interested in UK he should at least have enough respect to show up on time and enough respect for the guy that drove to his house to visit to listen to him and not text the whole time the guy is trying to talk to him. But, congrats to the kid, I hope he has a GREAT career at USC.

Not sure how all of the talk about him being late to meetings ands texting got started. I assure you Lamar is a very humble and respectful person. Any type of talk suggesting otherwise is based on a false assumption. If any of you were around the kid for the recruiting process you would agree with me. Please don't judge the kid based on small clips provided from posters on the message board.
It cracks me up that so many of you boyle fans are getting so riled up over the comments of a person or two who probably hasnt even seen the kid play.
He will have his shot and im sure we'll see him on tv very soon. However, its up to him now. What he does at usc will determine whether or not this thread was even worth arguing over. The high school awards, the all american stuff, and the ky high school football means absolutely nothing now. Starting next year theyll pick a whole new list and some of them will never be heard from again.
Good luck to Dawson and hopefully he will make KY high school football looks a lot better than it is.
It was a fellow Boyle guy that mentioned all this. Don't get upset with the rest of us for something that one of your own mentioned that made the kid look bad. Like I said, I hope he has a GREAT career at USC, but if what RebelPride12 said Lamar did when UK came to visit him is true, I'm disappointed and wish he could have been a little more respectful. That's all I'm saying. Make Kentucky proud Lamar.
LClion4life Wrote:It was a fellow Boyle guy that mentioned all this. Don't get upset with the rest of us for something that one of your own mentioned that made the kid look bad. Like I said, I hope he has a GREAT career at USC, but if what RebelPride12 said Lamar did when UK came to visit him is true, I'm disappointed and wish he could have been a little more respectful. That's all I'm saying. Make Kentucky proud Lamar.

RebelPride12 probably knows more about these things than I. However, if you believe that was the only time UK showed interest or met with him you are mistaken. If the events happend as described, my guess it was Lamar's reaction to the way UK's head coach recruited him. Ask anyone that is really on the inside and they will tell you that Joker was the worst "pitch man" of any that attempted to lure Lamar. :Thumbs:
LClion4life Wrote:Showing up late to an in-home visit and texting the whole they're there doesn't show a favorable picture for him. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Even if he wasn't too interested in UK he should at least have enough respect to show up on time and enough respect for the guy that drove to his house to visit to listen to him and not text the whole time the guy is trying to talk to him. But, congrats to the kid, I hope he has a GREAT career at USC.

LCLION, I see you are bashing somebody else AGAIN. If you spent more time worrying about the Lewis County Lions football program they might when a few. You post on everything except LC Football. "Where is the love" for the lions?:biggrin:
STATE CHAMP Wrote:LCLION, I see you are bashing somebody else AGAIN. If you spent more time worrying about the Lewis County Lions football program they might when a few. You post on everything except LC Football. "Where is the love" for the lions?:biggrin:

Go back and look at the "Lewis County 2011" thread. I'm the ONLY person on here that gives a rat's hind end about LC football. If everyone would give their insight on the team, and help me out, I'd be more than happy to talk LC football. But, talking to yourself gets boring. And I was definitely not "bashing" the kid. I said I hope that he has a GREAT career at USC. I even told him to make Kentucky proud. But, I also thought that he should have shown a little more respect. Granted, I don't know the whole story, but the way RP12 portrayed it, it seemed as of Lamar was the only party being disrespectful. If there are two sides to a story and you know both, share them. :biggrin: Thanks. :thanks:
LClion4life Wrote:Smith is from Boyle, right? How in the world did he not get a kid from his own neck of the woods?!?!!?? :HitWall:

The only reason UK was even thought of was because of Smith. Like I previous said Lamar did not connect with some of the UK coaches. Why should Lamar go to UK only because of ties with Chuck Smith? He took his visits and went where he thought was best for him. Not where everybody else wanted him to go. I commend him for that decision.
I do too. And I'm not disappointed with Lamar for choosing USC, I'm disappointed in UK for not being able to get him.
Congrats Lamar! Can not wait to watch a Kentucky boy play on Saturdays!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Benchwarmer Wrote:How do you know these things?

I was given that info from the same person who told me he was going out west 12 hours before his press conference.
As for all of the disrespectful stuff it is a two way street, IMO. He is being pulled out of class and his phone is blowing up hundreds of times throughout the day by the same coaches as if they have something new to tell him besides we want you badly. At some point it can get old and once the awe of having these coaches fawning over your every move a 17 year old kid will likely fall back into his comfort zone of life and these coaches are speaking to deaf ears. That's all that I think happened. If any of you are fortunate enough to meet Lamar you will likely come away with a very favorable opinion of him. Truly a great kid who has proven to be nothing but a class act in the eyes of the Boyle County community.