Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley To Name Football Coach Tuesday
Petitions are popular in the Valley area.
snoop Wrote:Petitions are popular in the Valley area.

WHOOOOOAAAAHHH!! I'm saying NOTHING negative about him or SV!! These last two posts seem to be heading that way...

I was actually trying to post something POSITIVE about him (that his own players would go to bat for him in what might've been a trying situation -- again, as I said, not able to find ANYTHING about what that situation was...just that his players had supported him).

PLLLEEEAAASE let's don't get this into another "bash-the-way-things-are-done-at-Shelby-Valley" thread!!!
Football24_7 Wrote:WHOOOOOAAAAHHH!! I'm saying NOTHING negative about him or SV!! These last two posts seem to be heading that way...

I was actually trying to post something POSITIVE about him (that his own players would go to bat for him in what might've been a trying situation -- again, as I said, not able to find ANYTHING about what that situation was...just that his players had supported him).

PLLLEEEAAASE let's don't get this into another "bash-the-way-things-are-done-at-Shelby-Valley" thread!!!

How do we know the petition was from the players?
out of this world Wrote:How do we know the petition was from the players?

You're right...I mis-typed. It just says it was a petition of signatures (but a BUNCH of them -- 541!).

http://www.wise.k12.va.us/minutes/2003/N...202003.pdf
Football24_7 Wrote:You're right...I mis-typed. It just says it was a petition of signatures (but a BUNCH of them -- 541!).

http://www.wise.k12.va.us/minutes/2003/N...202003.pdf

Maybe the school should have asked why he needed those signatures. Shelby Valley doesn't need a Coach with baggage, they need someone that going to stay for more than 6 months and someone that cares for these kids.
I would have been wrong on this one...I had heard the Grundy coach was coming, but at least I got the right state...
Can anybody tell me about his coaching style, record, etc...???
valley_06 Wrote:Can anybody tell me about his coaching style, record, etc...???

Last 2 seasons at Sequatchie Co. in Tennessee (Class AA school near Chattanooga).

2004: went 5-5.
2005: went 4-6.
Sounds like he will be a good fit then! I was told by people that talked to him that he is extremely confident about his ability or just really arrogant.
Did the district he coached in tennessee compare to the one Valley plays in...or is it any weaker or better?
It is much tougher than what Sv plays in! Their atheletes look like college kids. After doing some research I have heard nothing but good things about this guy. I look forward to seeing SV in action next year. Now let everyone support this new coach and stay positive. Sv should be down next year but hopefully he can turn things around.
He is at Valley now!
I hear he's a good coach, but CRAZY...in a bad way, but hey...they couldn't have any worse than they had...lol
I guess greg newsome will be one his assitants and then he gets to pick the othersLOL!
Football24_7 Wrote:WHOOOOOAAAAHHH!! I'm saying NOTHING negative about him or SV!! These last two posts seem to be heading that way...

Why Not? its true!
Saunders is the man for this program, he is a winner everywhere he has been from what i've found. He won two regions in the mid 90's took over a 4-36 program at wise in 1999 and went 6-4, 8-2, 8-2, and this was in the LPD. He's intense, arrogant, confident, and a winner. The kids will really enjoy playing for him.