Chase Kirk can stroke.
Anthony Strother can dunk.

Fun game @ Belfry.
1/22/2011
Belfry 73
Sheldon Clark 69
Sheldon Clark 14 19 13 23 69
Belfry 22 18 13 20 73
Sheldon Clark (8-8) -- Lafferty 21, Kirk 25, Johnson 4, Hayes 10, Smith 7, Moore 2.
Belfry (8-5) -- Varney 20, Runyon 9, Pinson 14, Bentley 6, Strother 22, Messer 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1BrhNMIVE
It is tough to win at Belfry.
Is Josh Robinson playing basketball this year ?
Yes, Robinson is playing or at least he was in the beginning of the season. Strother's is scoring, but he is playing NO defense at all and before Belfry can play at their full potential he is going to have to start being a team player and pass the ball. He is an asset, but in the end if he doesn't start playing defense and become a team player he's not going to be the solution Belfry needs.
The way Strother plays, he creates his shot therefore he doesn't pass the ball much. It's yet to hurt us. I think the entire team needs to step up on defense.

For the record, I'm not sure where the stats are wrong but Varney and Strother each had 22.

Robinson plays but he doesn't do alot of scoring.
I usually agree with you, but this time I am going to have to disagree. A team can't win if all the players are thinkin about is their stats. I have been watching Belfry for many years, and played when Belfry Basketball was a force to be reckoned with. We had JJ Hylton and he could score and did, but he still played as a team, if another player was wide open and he was covered up he passed it. Belfry could have more points if they played as a team, more points means more wins. I saw several players wide open last night, (and many other nights), and yet the ball is not passed, the risky shots are always taken and then the chance to score is lost. Players who shoot their arm off and have a low shooting percentage is a red flag that they might should PASS the ball. That's not rocket science. Teams that win it all don't play selfish, I can promise you that. Luke warm so so teams play selfish, Belfry has the talent to step things up, but they have got to play as a team, if not they will not get to where they need to be. No player creates their own shots without the help of their teamates. Defense is an issue with Belfry your right, what I saw last night was Strothers man scoring every single time while he hung around and waited for the ball to go back down the floor so he could get a shot. If I was Casey he would have been on the bench. Due to this selfishness Belfry about lost it last night, Varney saved them in the end or it would have been a different outcome. Strothers is talented make no mistake, however his defense and unwillingness to pass the ball about got Belfry last night, in the end he would still have his 20 some points and thats all that matters isn't it? No, Belfry has got to come together as a team.
amazing game. Belfry's spirit section was crazy. Go Pirates
legacy1 Wrote:I usually agree with you, but this time I am going to have to disagree. A team can't win if all the players are thinkin about is their stats. I have been watching Belfry for many years, and played when Belfry Basketball was a force to be reckoned with. We had JJ Hylton and he could score and did, but he still played as a team, if another player was wide open and he was covered up he passed it. Belfry could have more points if they played as a team, more points means more wins. I saw several players wide open last night, (and many other nights), and yet the ball is not passed, the risky shots are always taken and then the chance to score is lost. Players who shoot their arm off and have a low shooting percentage is a red flag that they might should PASS the ball. That's not rocket science. Teams that win it all don't play selfish, I can promise you that. Luke warm so so teams play selfish, Belfry has the talent to step things up, but they have got to play as a team, if not they will not get to where they need to be. No player creates their own shots without the help of their teamates. Defense is an issue with Belfry your right, what I saw last night was Strothers man scoring every single time while he hung around and waited for the ball to go back down the floor so he could get a shot. If I was Casey he would have been on the bench. Due to this selfishness Belfry about lost it last night, Varney saved them in the end or it would have been a different outcome. Strothers is talented make no mistake, however his defense and unwillingness to pass the ball about got Belfry last night, in the end he would still have his 20 some points and thats all that matters isn't it? No, Belfry has got to come together as a team.

I can see your point. I think that everyone else is unselfish. I think that if it's a problem his teammates will bring it up. However, we have to figure something out and stop people on defense. We gave up 31 to Meade, 29 to Rowe, and 25 to Kirk. Not good.
way to go Pirates
Kirk and Johnson will be hard too stop next year, but they need to get their head on straight before districts