Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 55 Paintsville 43 All A Championship 15th Region
Good Win, you fought a good team in Paintsville that will only get better.

Betsy Layne Athletics has accomplished so much this year, your mark will never be forgotten, and their will be a board in the dome put with your name on it.

:notworthy
Great Game Bobcats...Adkins played really big down low
Anyone got stats.
Also I wanna say congrats to betsy layne make us proud at state.
Is this one of the best teams in school history? They seem to be on the correct track.
First off let me say congrats to Betsy Layne! Give it your best and represent the 15th with all you have!!!!

Now to my TIGERS, KEEP your heads up and put this one behind you now. You have a BIG District game with Magoffin Co. this Thursday. Our goal now is RUPP!

Adkins killed the Tigers tonight. A 16 point first half was what killed us. Coach made some good adjustments in the second, only allowing Adkins to score 4 points.

IMHO this region is still WIDE open! tI just depends on who shows up Tourney Time! Should be a fun tourney!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Way to go BOBCATS!
Congrats to the Bobcats...:Thumbs::Clap::redboxer:
WTG Bobcats!

Best of luck in Richmond!
I dont undersand Paintsvilles method of coaching when they avoid getting the ball to their leading scorer in the 2nd half. Green hit two 3's in the first half and then in the 2nd half almost every play that was run was opposite of him. Does the coaching staff really wont to win when they freeze out their leading scorer or are they just trying to build for next year, doesn't make any sense to me
Good luck Betsy Lane make the mountians proud.
I thought Paintsville looked slow defensively. They didn't get back and play very good transition defense and when Betsy Layne got out and pushed the tempo they scored nearly every time. Paintsville didn't shoot the ball near as well as they did against Shelby Valley, but Betsy Layne is one of the better teams in the 15th this year, and they got the job done defensively.
fd220 Wrote:I dont undersand Paintsvilles method of coaching when they avoid getting the ball to their leading scorer in the 2nd half. Green hit two 3's in the first half and then in the 2nd half almost every play that was run was opposite of him. Does the coaching staff really wont to win when they freeze out their leading scorer or are they just trying to build for next year, doesn't make any sense to me

What? He had 8 pts in the 1st half and then 9 pts in the 2nd half. The second quarter KILLED the Tigers. BL outscored them 18 -5. Other than that the Tigers outscored BL the other 3 quarters combined.

Paintsville - 18 - 5 - 8 - 12 - 43
Betsy Layne - 14 - 18 - 9 - 14 - 55

Paintsville - Green 17, Tiller 8, D. Caldwell 6, Slone 5, Sublett 3, Hall & S. Daniels 2 each (12/19 FTs)
Betsy Layne - Adkins 20, Roberts 10, N. Martin 10, D. Tackett 8, Hamilton 4, Maldinaldo 3 (9/17 FTs)

Betsy Layne ended up shooting 11 of their 17 free throws in the 4th quarter.

What I liked, is what I saw after the game. The Tigers were ticked at themselves for the loss. They didn't blame anyone but themselves. They know what it's like to win games now and they are starting to come together as a TEAM. They were down by 14 at one point and brought it back to with in 7. They didn't fold and never stopped fighting. Some people forget, that this is still a young team and they are learning, gaining confidence and getting better every game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Congrats & good luck Betsy Layne. I'm sure you will represent the 15th Region well.
Green made two 3's and was 2 for 4 from the line in the first half and in the second half he shot one 3 and missed and the rest of points came from when he did get the ball he drove to the basket and got fouled. When the first half ended one of the radio stations there asked the coach from BL what he had planned for the second half and his words were "if we are going to win we have got to shut Green down". Do you think Paintsville's coach's heard him and decided to help him out with that. I''m not saying he needs to shoot the ball every time down the court, but you would think they would want their leading scorer to get the ball a little more
fd220 Wrote:Green made two 3's and was 2 for 4 from the line in the first half and in the second half he shot one 3 and missed and the rest of points came from when he did get the ball he drove to the basket and got fouled. When the first half ended one of the radio stations there asked the coach from BL what he had planned for the second half and his words were "if we are going to win we have got to shut Green down". Do you think Paintsville's coach's heard him and decided to help him out with that. I''m not saying he needs to shoot the ball every time down the court, but you would think they would want their leading scorer to get the ball a little more

The second half Green finished with 3 -2s and was 3/5 from the line. So he had more buckets in the second half than he did in the first and more FT attempts. So he did touch the ball. BL just popped out on him and wouldn't allow him to shoot the 3.

And to answer your question...no.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Good win BL
fd220 Wrote:I dont undersand Paintsvilles method of coaching when they avoid getting the ball to their leading scorer in the 2nd half. Green hit two 3's in the first half and then in the 2nd half almost every play that was run was opposite of him. Does the coaching staff really wont to win when they freeze out their leading scorer or are they just trying to build for next year, doesn't make any sense to me
I don't understand how they can start 12, and get behind in the first quarter, then expect 11 to come in and play the rest of game and take up the slack. Why is 11 not starting? From what I have seen, he is the better defensive player. He is also quicker.
I agree with you 100% Cadwell is a better defensive player. He plays with alot of emotion though and if he can keep his cool while he's out there you cant ask for a better defensive player
rockymt Wrote:I don't understand how they can start 12, and get behind in the first quarter, then expect 11 to come in and play the rest of game and take up the slack. Why is 11 not starting? From what I have seen, he is the better defensive player. He is also quicker.

That's all we need is division within the team. Caldwell is fine with his role. He gives them a boost off the bench. Tigers are playing pretty good right now. Support the team not your self interest.
:Thumbs:
TIGERTIME Wrote:That's all we need is division within the team. Caldwell is fine with his role. He gives them a boost off the bench. Tigers are playing pretty good right now. Support the team not your self interest.
rockymt Wrote:I don't understand how they can start 12, and get behind in the first quarter, then expect 11 to come in and play the rest of game and take up the slack. Why is 11 not starting? From what I have seen, he is the better defensive player. He is also quicker.
Other than getting a spark off the bench I have no clue, you are 100% correct.
TIGERTIME Wrote:That's all we need is division within the team. Caldwell is fine with his role. He gives them a boost off the bench. Tigers are playing pretty good right now. Support the team not your self interest.

There's no body gonna devide his TEAM now. They are happier than I have ever seen them. They support each other no matter who is on the floor. Keep it up TIGERS. We are ALL very proud of ALL of you!!!!

Now lets go get some payback on the Hornets tomorrow night!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Congrats BL.Good luck in Richmond, I'll be pulling for you all!
Congratulations to Betsy Layne and good luck in Richmond! Jr. Newsome has done a wonderful job with the Bobcats.
First of all I dont have no self interest but it sounds like you might I did not say 12 didnt play good but 11 is a little older and quicker