Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berea Com Football Job
Has anyone been hired for this job? I have heard Coleman the AD isnt taking apps, so her husband can get the job. Is that true? Anyone know?
He played college football at Cumberland College. He would probably be a good choice.
I am worried about Berea football. I graduated from there in the 80's and have a deep passion for the Pirates. I hope they get someone who cares about the community.
kyfootball fan Wrote:He played college football at Cumberland College. He would probably be a good choice.

Just b/c you played in college doesnt make you a good coach. :please:

Sounds like Berea maybe playing some home cooking in this one.
I graduated from Berea in the Mid 80's as well and care about the program. I've heard that Mrs. Coleman, who is the vice principal might not have taken a principals job at Berea for the reason of her husband having a chance to coach the football team. I don't know if this is the reason or not, but, that is her business. I've also heard from kids (and the parents of them) on the team that her husband, a current assistant coach on the team, is well liked and knows what he is doing as he played and might have been an assistant coach at one time for Rockcastle County. The information coming to me suggests it might be a good fit and I'd say the door to coach for Berea is busting down with applications from qualified people. I wish whoever does take over the best of luck in the job and the kids good luck on the season.
Don't forget about Todd "Fantasy Island" Harris. He is still looming around the Berea area.

"Da plane", "Da Plane"
I don't think they posted the job any where for applicants to turn in anything from what I have seen. Sounds like they are going to give the job to Mr. Coleman, is this official yet?
Do they not have to post the job on the KHSAA website? I mean I understand the guy may be good fit, but he may not. Also the fact her husband is the #1 choice clouds her judgement. Why wouldn't they interview others just to make sure they get the best fit. Maybe sometimes hiring someone from "outside" the family is the best fit. I dont know the Coleman's but I do have friends in the program. I also have buddies trying to apply for the job, who have a ton of experience and would also be a good fit. Just my two cents.
Coach Coleman is more than qualified to coach Berea. He was an assistant at Rockcastle Co. for over a decade. He also played there and was an accomplished player in high school and college. Rockcastle Co. lost a lot when Mr. and Mrs. Coleman left the high school. He was on the Pirate staff this season and would be a great fit.
3wishes Wrote:Coach Coleman is more than qualified to coach Berea. He was an assistant at Rockcastle Co. for over a decade. He also played there and was an accomplished player in high school and college. Rockcastle Co. lost a lot when Mr. and Mrs. Coleman left the high school. He was on the Pirate staff this season and would be a great fit.

:Thumbs:
What did coach Coleman do at Rockastle? Was he a large part of the defense, offense, coordinator? There are a lot of guys that are on a staff but don't do a lot for the team.
TheLegends64 Wrote:What did coach Coleman do at Rockastle? Was he a large part of the defense, offense, coordinator? There are a lot of guys that are on a staff but don't do a lot for the team.

Defensive Coordinater for 2-3 years. He worked under Coach Larkey and Saylor was his teacher of the defense.
Extra curricular positions are listed at the local board of education. Extra curricular positions do not have to be posted with the Kentucky Department of Education.
They may not have a teaching position available. It would be hard to get a coach for just the coaches pay.
What do you guys think about ex-coach Warren Mills. Does he have a chance? I think he has a job at southern. If that is so he wouldn't need the teaching job.
Does anyone know if Todd Harris has applied? Last I heard he was running a used car lot on the outskirts of town. I tried to buy a 1981 Buick off of him. He did not have a key for it. He then tried to sell me a boat.
Bluebird Wrote:Does anyone know if Todd Harris has applied? Last I heard he was running a used car lot on the outskirts of town. I tried to buy a 1981 Buick off of him. He did not have a key for it. He then tried to sell me a boat.
Not sure which is harder to believe - somebody really trying to give another person money for a 1981 Buick... Or somebody trying to sell one and not having the key.

One way or the other, if he really is a good candidate for the coaching job I hope he was able not only to sell you the boat but convince you to pull the thing home for a work out and use paddles not an engine to ride it. It all about training man.
No, I didn't buy either item. The Buick was the newest thing he had. I went to school with Todd. My fondest memory of him was when we were seniors, he got choked slammed by a third grade girl for selling her little sister the toothpaste they give away at school.
Bluebird Wrote:No, I didn't buy either item. The Buick was the newest thing he had. I went to school with Todd. My fondest memory of him was when we were seniors, he got choked slammed by a third grade girl for selling her little sister the toothpaste they give away at school.

Wow!! I played with Todd as well, he always treated me ok. I'd like to know the name of the girl that whooped him because I wonder if I knew her. I personally don't know Coleman, I'm very familiar with his reputation for fairness and for being tough, but, I've heard he is a good guy to deal with. That reputation about him comes from Rockcastle where he teaches AP history. From what I hear about him, it couldn't hurt to give him a try as the head man. Berea is one of those schools that will be streaky in the fact they will have a good run for a year or two and then some dogs for a bit before they get into a good group of kids again with some numbers. He will need a few years to see what he can pull off there if the powers that be (the wife:biggrinSmile will give him a chance to coach. Maybe the toughness of Coleman will give them some stability and they can continue some of the good things that McWhorter started there.

As for buying a 1981 Buick from Todd......hmmmmm:eyeroll: I think you'll be glad you passed on it.:biggrin:
Berea and Madison Southern should go ahead and combine. Not enough talent in that area to divide between 2 schools. both will always be under 500. or .250 or maybe .125 . lol
I would like to see Coleman get the job. i think he would be a good fit.
Sounds like he spent along time at The Rock. Every speaks highly of him on here. We will see how he does. Has he been doing off season workouts with the team?
has any one been hired yet
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:has any one been hired yet

Everything is still quiet as far as I know. I might get one of my boys to call my little cousin who plays for Berea. If I hear anything, I'll post later.