Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co. 71 Scott Co. 70
Final...
Wow! What a game. Clay's starting guards combined for 44 pts. Kayla Smith had 25, Alisha Mitchell 18, Belle Jackson had 15 and 11 boards, Chestnut 7, Sabrina Smith 2, Robinson 2, Gilbert 1.
Scott County was led by Stainback with 20, Mckenzie 17,Defoor 15, Guyn 12,Conrad 3, Eaton 3.
Congrats to Coach Burchell and the Lady Tigers.
You know your team is playing well when you beat Scott County and Whitney Belle Jackson is your 3rd leading scorer.
I like this, if it wasnt for Rockcastle I would take Clay all the way.
Clay had Scott Co. beat last year at their tourney in Georgetown but somehow managed to blow the lead in the last few seconds.
Nice win Clay Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Is it true that Clay Co. shot (35) thirty five free throws to Scott Co.'s (14)FOURTEEN?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I like this, if it wasnt for Rockcastle I would take Clay all the way.

Surely your not implying that Clay county is the #2 team in the state. It was a good win but Scott co. isn't as good YET as they were last year.
Well said why me.Clay Co. is a very good team but has a ways to go just as does
Scott Co.. Scott Co.has 3 freshman playing with a bench of freshmen and 8th graders.
As this season progress along they will be a force to reckon with-they will take their
whoopins but they will grow strong with them.
Bluemoon Wrote:Well said why me.Clay Co. is a very good team but has a ways to go just as does
Scott Co.. Scott Co.has 3 freshman playing with a bench of freshmen and 8th graders.
As this season progress along they will be a force to reckon with-they will take their
whoopins but they will grow strong with them.

Last year when Shelby County played Scott County, Tereka Guyn played really well. Scott County does have a pretty young team, but they are talented.
Nice win, Grats CC
blue1424 Wrote:Last year when Shelby County played Scott County, Tereka Guyn played really well. Scott County does have a pretty young team, but they are talented.

Last year Scott co. had Madisen Webb she did so many things and made every one around her better. I think this years team is still trying to figure out how to play without her.
Its not as bad as it used to be (I don't think), but it used to be very hard to go to Clay Co. and get a win, especially the boys. Rockcastle girls will find out next Monday when they go to Clay.
Webb did in fact play a HUGE role in Scott Co.'s program while she was there.This year has been a difficult one for Steve Helton in trying to find the correct fit at the point guard position.To his disadvantage-the pickings are very young players/however these
players are getting some much needed exposure to the top rated teams in the state.
I would be concerned about frustation on these kids if it wasnt for Coach Helton's talent in providing them with positive and knowledgeable tactics.
Scott Co. will be fine. Just look at the teams they have played.No cream puffs allowed.
Bluemoon Wrote:Is it true that Clay Co. shot (35) thirty five free throws to Scott Co.'s (14)FOURTEEN?

Are you saying that if one team plays zone and the other presses, one team gets the ball inside and only shoots 5 threes and the other team shoots 27 threes, they should shoot the same amount of free throws? The game was well officiated.
why me Wrote:Surely your not implying that Clay county is the #2 team in the state. It was a good win but Scott co. isn't as good YET as they were last year.

Surely im entitled to my own opinion.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Surely im entitled to my own opinion.

Yes your entitled to your opinion there isn't much logic in it but your entitled to it
From '84-'92 it was hard to beat the Clay Co. boys in Manchester, Lexington, Louisville, Myrtle Beach, Cincinnati and a lot of other places!!!
nedreader Wrote:From '84-'92 it was hard to beat the Clay Co. boys in Manchester, Lexington, Louisville, Myrtle Beach, Cincinnati and a lot of other places!!!
They're talking about the girls team.
But it was hard to beat them back then too.
What Im saying is that Ref's get caught up in the game to much when one team is pressing and commiting fouls.They tend not to see the other team commiting fouls,when in fact fouls are commited all over the floor by BOTH teams. I do feel that I know what Im talking about since I am a retired Basketball Ref.
Congrats
One of the best played Girls basketball games I've seen. Clay looks to be coming together.
rockblue Wrote:Its not as bad as it used to be (I don't think), but it used to be very hard to go to Clay Co. and get a win, especially the boys. Rockcastle girls will find out next Monday when they go to Clay.

LOOKAYANNER, here was the quote from above, notice the part that says "especially the boys" so they were talking about BOTH Clay Co. teams.